• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Harrington traded to the Big Apple

mattlanta

Hmm... some of this sounds familiar...

A product of St. Patrick's in Elizabeth, N.J., Harrington has played in just five games this season. He was grounded by coach Don Nelson soon after stating publicly he wanted to be traded.

They failed to hit it off almost immediately after the Pacers sent him to Golden State along with Stephen Jackson in a multi-player trade (Mike Dunleavy and Troy Murphy went to Indiana) on Jan. 16, 2007. Once their conflict became news (Harrington felt Nelson cramped his style) Al got sent to a time out chair - shortly after he complained of back problems and underwent a MRI.

Wow, dragitoff, if thats the case...wow. lol. Like Golden State needed another high scoring selfish guard? That makes Maggette, Jax, Ellis, and Crawford to go with Biedrins and Randolph?

I hear Jamal Crawford is in the deal. To me that makes it a wash. Knicks get harrington off the books in 2 to make a run at the big FA class. Golden State gets a fill in until there star gets back(Ellis).

Edited by sultanofatl

Wow, dragitoff, if thats the case...wow. lol. Like Golden State needed another high scoring selfish guard? That makes Maggette, Jax, Ellis, and Crawford to go with Biedrins and Randolph?

Here's a link to the confusing article that breaks the trade scenario down

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8826626?MSNHPHMA

Apparently, it's not a 3 team deal, but would work like this.....

New York gets Al Harrington/Cuttino Mobley/Tim Thomas

Golden State gets Jamal Crawford

LA Clippers get Zack Randolph

The deal is to try to get NY under the salary cap in order to make a run at LeBron James when he hits FA.

The question is why would the Clippers want Randolph? Are they moving Kaman or Camby? That's the only reason it makes sense because Randolph's deal would automatically option through 2011 if I read that correctly. Al Thornton is not a SG, so they couldn't go big with Thornton at the 2 and Randolph at the 3. You certainly don't want to stunt Thornton's growth by having him come off the bench. Seems like a silly trade for the Clipps to make unless they're moving Kaman and/or Camby elsewhere. They tried to get Randolph before Camby so I think they want him to keep, rather than flipping him later.

Edited by Dragitoff

• Admin
I hear Jamal Crawford is in the deal. To me that makes it a wash. Knicks get harrington off the books in 2 to make a run at the big FA class. Golden State gets a fill in until there star gets back(Ellis).

I just don't understand GS. All they want is Shooting guards. They don't have a pg (Ellis is not a playmaker) and its a wonder they are able to win a game. With Jax and Maggette being being able to play SF too they are even more thin up front.

I just don't understand GS. All they want is Shooting guards. They don't have a pg (Ellis is not a playmaker) and its a wonder they are able to win a game. With Jax and Maggette being being able to play SF too they are even more thin up front.

maybe billy knight has secretly been advising them since he left atl.

Jamal Crawford is far from ideal as a PG but he is probably as good there as Ellis and certainly better than Jax. I don't know if there were other Harrington deals out there but Crawford is a pretty nice player as long as he can stay healthy. I remember when a lot of folks here wanted to get Crawford to pair with JT, that might be the same type of thinking that Golden State has for Crawford and Ellis.

I'm certainly confused as to what the Clippers are planning. My guess is that Kaman will be shopped since Randolph and Camby should make a terrific backcourt that compliments each others weaknesses quite well and Kaman probably has the most value.

I'd give the Clippers Speey/Zaza/2010 unprotected 1st in a heartbeat for Kaman. I don't know if that would be enough to get him but damn it would be nice to pull off.

Jamal Crawford is far from ideal as a PG but he is probably as good there as Ellis and certainly better than Jax. I don't know if there were other Harrington deals out there but Crawford is a pretty nice player as long as he can stay healthy. I remember when a lot of folks here wanted to get Crawford to pair with JT, that might be the same type of thinking that Golden State has for Crawford and Ellis.

I'm certainly confused as to what the Clippers are planning. My guess is that Kaman will be shopped since Randolph and Camby should make a terrific backcourt that compliments each others weaknesses quite well and Kaman probably has the most value.

I'd give the Clippers Speey/Zaza/2010 unprotected 1st in a heartbeat for Kaman. I don't know if that would be enough to get him but damn it would be nice to pull off.

I like the move for the Knicks as they can move Wilson Chandler to small forward (Richardson goes to shooting guard) where he belongs and Lee can be reinserted into the starting lineup. Al can back-up both forward spots off the bench. Chandler was a surprisingly good pick by Thomas and looks like part of the solution in NY.

Crawford is a volume shooter who has talent, but has never used that talent to make a team better. He probably is much better off being a complimentary piece.

Sounds like the Clippers trade is not a done deal.

You guys have to understand that Nelly is determined to run his retarded run-and-gun offense no matter if it has any possiblity of winning a title or not. I suspect their lineup will be either Ellis or Crawford at the point with the other playing the 2, Maggette at the 3, Jax at the 4 and Biedrins at center. They'll probably score 120 points a game and give up 140