• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson confirmed as all-star reserve

lifelong

• Moderators

I don't feel the slightest bit bad about Joe getting in there despite his crappy January. He was an All-Star earlier in the year and I have seen so many sub-par All-Stars get in because they played for a "winning team" that I don't feel the slightest bit bad when it benefits a Hawk.

Hey guys, Blazer fan here. I feel your guys' pain. JJ is one of my favorite players to watch. He's always reminded me of our guy B-Roy, but right now he just doesn't look right. As many of you guys have been talking about, JJ just looks completely gassed right now. His shot is way off, and while most guys will try to drive the lane and get to the foul line, he just doesn't seem to have the energy to do so. I do like that he tries to do other thing on the floor when his offense is not there though.

Here's to hopin' Joe get's going again so he and Roy can have an exciting H2H matchups this season :angel19: . (I have 2nd row tickets behind the hawks bench for the game in Portland, should be fun.)

Get ahold of yourselves people!

Has the Hawks terrible record over the past 10 years conditioned us to hate on our own players?

That question isn't directed at this thread, I've just seen posts about Joe not deserving it scattering across HS over the past couple of weeks.

Perhaps we don't know how to accept/deal with success?

I hope this get him going.

JJ has a nice shot - he is an excellent SG...but something what he did the other night turned me on him...the ball was slapped backwards and he retreived it...like 8+ seconds on the shot clock..and he jacked it from way downtown. When the game was still a game - before Nate went off. It was the most selfish shot I have ever seen. It was like "flock you guys" and he shot from two or three steps beyond the 3 pt line. Worst shot I have ever seen in a competitive (meaning close) game I have ever seen.....Laziness or arrogance - take your pick - I'll take arrogance.

One more pass or two and we could have got a cutter inside - I am getting sick and tired of JJ's act.