• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Won 13 of 30

AnnArborHawk

• Admin
After going 21-10 to start the year, we're 13-17 and looking quite average since. If we don't pick up the pace and start playing the way we did at the beginning of the year, we're not going to keep that 4 seed. Anybody else starting to worry?

We had a lot of road game in that span too. Don't forget that

After going 21-10 to start the year, we're 13-17 and looking quite average since. If we don't pick up the pace and start playing the way we did at the beginning of the year, we're not going to keep that 4 seed. Anybody else starting to worry?

no, maybe that can get "wood head" fired, finally

I was worried at the end of our 7-1 homestand. Even though we were winning i believed the lack of defensive rebounding and poor offensive execution were major concerns. Now those problems are starting to be reflected in the record.

I was worried at the end of our 7-1 homestand. Even though we were winning i believed the lack of defensive rebounding and poor offensive execution were major concerns. Now those problems are starting to be reflected in the record.

Ah but remember the All Knowing Re-tread GM Rick Sund is using this season as "a chance to review and evaluate everything about the team so as to build for the future"...

Sorry Douche, I heard those exact same words from Billy Knight and I want to win NOW!!!

We should've made moves to get a big-man; been saying this for 4 years.

We should've fired Woodson in the offseason, even if everyone still sported a chubby from finishing 8 GAMES UNDER .500 and sneaking into the playoffs; yes the Celtics' series was fun for a minute but call it what it was, a 1st round exit.

So here we are on the verge of mediocrity... AGAIN... yeahhhhhh, lets get excited and "rise up"; spare me!!!!

You try to tell people, but they don't listen. I'm not going to go on about tonight's loss. It's speaks for it's self and it shows where the Hawks are at right now.

Dude its Woody!!!! Our next game just watch. In the 1st quarter we will try to establish Horf, Smoove, and Marvin. That will last until about the 7-8min mark when Woody will bring in Mo and take either Marvin or Smoove out. It doesnt matter how good they are playing one of them are comming out.

Then the rest of the game watch where Smoove and Marvin are at when we start running the ISOs. I can tell you marvin gonna be posted up just standing there in the corner and Smoove gonna be on the other side on the wing. It never fails. Thats why no one is in position to get any board

We need to change our offense. At least when we go inside people crash the boards, but with the Iso the floor is so spread Shaq couldnt get a dam rebound in our offense.

Then on defense watch us start doing them stupid switches leaving Marvin or Smoove on a wing player standing out 18ft. It happens every game.

I don't enjoy watching this team right now... That's the main thing that bothers me

I am in the same boat. I just don't enjoy watching the team right now. Some of the guys are busting their butts off, while others seem to be costing. Its maddening to watch.

Worse of all, I don't see where the ASG has the funds to change coaches, or much else...

I think it is about that time.........

panic.jpg

That's cute, but it really doesn't matter. This team is coached so poorly that it never had a chance to go for a title, even a conference one. So, there's no real reason to panic. The object for this team, this year, I thought was to play consistent basketball and continually get better as a team unit and maybe advance to the second round. They certainly haven't been consistent, but they may advance in the playoffs. So this begs the question of what exactly is success for these Hawks? Is it simply to win more games than the year before? Is it enough to advance to the second round? The last year and a half could have been so much better. It would be so nice to see how these guys could play for a coach with a real desire to win, not just be in the NBA. Even with this crappy ownership and the limitations they would invariably put on him, anything would be better than Woody. I dream of the day I can panic over the Hawks again.

That's cute, but it really doesn't matter. This team is coached so poorly that it never had a chance to go for a title, even a conference one. So, there's no real reason to panic. The object for this team, this year, I thought was to play consistent basketball and continually get better as a team unit and maybe advance to the second round. They certainly haven't been consistent, but they may advance in the playoffs. So this begs the question of what exactly is success for these Hawks? Is it simply to win more games than the year before? Is it enough to advance to the second round? The last year and a half could have been so much better. It would be so nice to see how these guys could play for a coach with a real desire to win, not just be in the NBA. Even with this crappy ownership and the limitations they would invariably put on him, anything would be better than Woody. I dream of the day I can panic over the Hawks again.

Exactly. As long as we get that 4 seed we have a chance to win a playoff series which should have been the goal going into the season

Exactly TMC. Those of us who have watched the BK debacle from start to finish understand. Take the team down to a ridiculous level (13 wins) then you have a poor enough base to show improvement for years to come...no matter how stupid you are.

Ah but remember the All Knowing Re-tread GM Rick Sund is using this season as "a chance to review and evaluate everything about the team so as to build for the future"...

Sorry Douche, I heard those exact same words from Billy Knight and I want to win NOW!!!

We should've made moves to get a big-man; been saying this for 4 years.

We should've fired Woodson in the offseason, even if everyone still sported a chubby from finishing 8 GAMES UNDER .500 and sneaking into the playoffs; yes the Celtics' series was fun for a minute but call it what it was, a 1st round exit.

So here we are on the verge of mediocrity... AGAIN... yeahhhhhh, lets get excited and "rise up"; spare me!!!!

Agreed Devon - I always thought that the top of the BK/Woody plan would be simple mediocrity....it's easy to bulldoze - harder to build.

Bring in Avery.

Edited by DJlaysitup