• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've never been so angry about a win in my life....

Antmillennium

They've made the playoffs in back to back seasons... They've only played one good game in your eyes... Yet, they have 2 wins... Spoken like a true hater...

Back to back 4 point plays... Bad shooting... Blown leads. They did a great job at shutting Wade out of the paint. No doubt about that. But other than that, not a great effort.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to back 4 point plays... Bad shooting... Blown leads. They did a great job at shutting Wade out of the paint. No doubt about that. But other than that, not a great effort.

The back to back four point plays and blown leads can be outcomes of BAD OFFICIATING... But again, THAT'S A FAN'S PERSPECTIVE... I recognize your hate clouds your vision and thought process... They won... Period...

No, it's not. All fans don't have to have the same damn view of the team.

Do I think that any of the remaining teams could sweep us, if we advanced to the 2nd round?

NO

Will the other team be the favorite?

DEFINITELY. ( I'd even say that Philly would be favored over us, based on them beating Orlando )

But when this team defends well, we can compete with anybody. We should have 2 home wins over the Cavs, and we can definitely beat Boston with no KG. A series vs Orlando and Philly would at least go 6 games, if not 7.

But miami is the focus. I do agree that the Hawks need to play better though. They're capable of playing a lot better. And JJ needs to play better.

Do I think that any of the remaining teams could sweep us, if we advanced to the 2nd round?

NO

Will the other team be the favorite?

DEFINITELY. ( I'd even say that Philly would be favored over us, based on them beating Orlando )

But when this team defends well, we can compete with anybody. We should have 2 home wins over the Cavs, and we can definitely beat Boston with no KG. A series vs Orlando and Philly would at least go 6 games, if not 7.

But miami is the focus. I do agree that the Hawks need to play better though. They're capable of playing a lot better. And JJ needs to play better.

The first half of game 1 was played pretty well. The second half it looked like the team slacked off and the second of the game was filled with bad shooting. The trend went over in game 2. In the game last night, they defended Wade as good as he can be defended. The offense is a big problem obviously. Joe and Al are the biggest faults. Other than some bad jumpers, I don't think Josh has played terrible though...He has produced for the team as has ZaZa. But that's been about it.

I think the Hawks can beat the Cavs in one home game. The way they defend 2/3's should be good for one win. But they can't really threaten th Cavs I don't believe.

Actually, we wouldn't have won without ZaZa last night. Anyway, yeah, you're right. Joe Johnson is flawless and he has being playing like an elite player this postseason. He is really earning his salary right now and showing EVERYONE what he is made of. JOE JOHNSON FOR MVP!!!!!!!

Of the Hawks......no question.

Yes, Zaza was awesome. So was Smoove...save some jumpers....

You think they can compete with the real playoff teams playing the way they currently play?

Depends on which teams you consider "real". Besides the Cavs.

Boston? Orlando? Sixers? Yeah, I think we could hold our own with those teams, competetive.

I think the Hawks would struggle with the Cavs.

Depends on which teams you consider "real". Besides the Cavs.

Boston? Orlando? Sixers? Yeah, I think we could hold our own with those teams, competetive.

I think the Hawks would struggle with the Cavs.

I love the use of the phrase "real playoff teams"... Like we're all in this fantasy world in which we're not a real playoff team... Remember not too long ago when Dallas was the #1 seed and was once considered a "real playoff team" and then that fake playoff team (Golden State) knocked them out in the first series... THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS! ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Now, can you fix the Hawks? Cause, Hots and I have been waiting for like, over a decade.

Are we not going to go through a process before we become elite? The Cavs were stuck in mediocrity before this year, except that lucky run to the Finals while riding LeBron. The first 2 series were a joke as both teams were missing key players. Detroit has never been the same and the East was clearly weak as hell that year.

The Lakers were an average team before the big trade. Orlando made the playoffs 3 years prior to now becoming very good, and they're still struggling.

Yes, Woodson sucks. We know that. But, I'd much rather be where we are now rather than mid 03 when we were winning ~30 games per year. Right now we're a good young team who has improved every year and just got homecourt advantage. You don't become a 55+ winning team overnight. We have the pieces to make a big trade and make the jump to an elite team, and hopefully we do something like that soon. Many good players are soon going to be available.

• Premium Member
Are we not going to go through a process before we become elite? The Cavs were stuck in mediocrity before this year, except that lucky run to the Finals while riding LeBron. The first 2 series were a joke as both teams were missing key players. Detroit has never been the same and the East was clearly weak as hell that year.

The Lakers were an average team before the big trade. Orlando made the playoffs 3 years prior to now becoming very good, and they're still struggling.

Yes, Woodson sucks. We know that. But, I'd much rather be where we are now rather than mid 03 when we were winning ~30 games per year. Right now we're a good young team who has improved every year and just got homecourt advantage. You don't become a 55+ winning team overnight. We have the pieces to make a big trade and make the jump to an elite team, and hopefully we do something like that soon. Many good players are soon going to be available.

Glad to hear a voice of reason in this thread. The team is still very much a work in progress. Give these guys time to grow and stop whining because we aren't the Lakers or the Cavs. Both of those teams took turns sucking as well and had to rebuild. We've improved every season and still have a lot of room to go. Please, let it play out and stop coming out of the woodwork and whining after every loss or ugly win.

A win is a win. But, I like to enjoy watching my team play. Last night was painful to watch on some accounts and thrilling on others. I think what the original poster is saying is exactly what Charles Barkley and Kenny have been saying. It's what all of us that watched good basketball seem to always hint at. The product is not good. It's like fast food, it taste good, but it doesn't sit well in your stomach.

Sir Charles said that Smoove played great, what the hell game was he watching?

I'll tell you EXACTLY what he was watching - game changing Defense. You can't just count up blocks when it comes to Smoove's D - many shots are changed and many aren't even tried because of him. I've seen many driving guards just "turn around" in the lane when they saw JS coming from the weak side - they didn't want to get what they would have got...posterized.

Smoove intimidates when he is "on"...he is the only guy I've ever seen who could probably block Kareem's Sky Hook...(have to catch it early because of the arc)...but he could do it.