• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will the Hawks win Game 7?

gsuteke

We are a better team, but game 7s come down to hustle plays and the best player on each team. I have faith that we can out-rebound and hustle them (If Al can play), but Joe Johnson is easily the last number 1 option (by default, of course) in the NBA you would want facing Wade in a pressurized 48 minute stretch. The best scorers from the six worst teams in the league (K. Martin, B. Davis, K. Durant, C. Bosh, C. Butler, and N. Robinson) would have carried us into the second round by now off of sheer competitiveness. Nothing new, though. Joe is simply cashing in on an awful decision to offer a max contract by Silly Knight. You can't blame him. He is what he's always been since Boston drafted him, a complimentary player, and the rest of the nation other than Phoenix and Atlanta is finally seeing it, as if they cared.

Anyway, let's go Hawks, most notably Flipper. The offense has to be ran through him from the second quarter on, and he has to be willing to swing it. We can only pray that Josh ignites instead of sabotage us. If I were a betting man, I'm going with my Hawks all day, but wouldn't be surprised one bit if Dwayne Wade proves that he arguably is as valuable, if not more, than our entire starting lineup. When he's free to roam, I'm sure he'll fetch a salary comparable to a lot of team's starting five, and justifiably so. We can hate the guy, but when he's on from the perimeter (as he is improving every time you see him) and playing defense full court, he's basically M.J., posting free throw attempts and shooting percentages of a dominant big man. A team with suspect floor leadership (see the Mavericks in the Finals) will totally wilt under his will alone.

Edited by benhillboy

While I would like the Hawks to win game 7 - and I expect them to win game 7 - I can't help but think that the Hawks might be better off losing game 7. I'm not sure if I can stomach the EPSN/TNT crew fellating Lebron James and his picture-taking friends while we (in all likelihood) get destroyed by Cleveland on national t.v.

It's either us or the Heat that stand in the way of a bulldozing Cavs team, and at this point I think I rather see the Heat get victimized in a four game sweep.

But yeah, we win game 7. And it'll be great, no doubt, if we do win. But if we lose, I'll just shrug my shoulders and watch in delight as the refs send James to the line 20 times a game while a confused, saddened Dwayne Wade stands in the background.

If we lose a Game 7 at home, I will be highly upset, because I expect us to win.

As long as Game 7 goes like Game 1 and Game 5, then we'll be a-ok. I'm not panicking at all, I expected this.

I respect your optimism, but I think as Hawks fans, we should brace for and expect the unexpected. I didn't expect to play seven games in last year's postseason and I didn't expect to see and-1 three-pointers on back-to-back plays. I really do believe this team is capable of doing anything; this includes dominating Miami (again) and dropping a game seven at home.

While I would like the Hawks to win game 7 - and I expect them to win game 7 - I can't help but think that the Hawks might be better off losing game 7. I'm not sure if I can stomach the EPSN/TNT crew fellating Lebron James and his picture-taking friends while we (in all likelihood) get destroyed by Cleveland on national t.v.

It's either us or the Heat that stand in the way of a bulldozing Cavs team, and at this point I think I rather see the Heat get victimized in a four game sweep.

But yeah, we win game 7. And it'll be great, no doubt, if we do win. But if we lose, I'll just shrug my shoulders and watch in delight as the refs send James to the line 20 times a game while a confused, saddened Dwayne Wade stands in the background.

Yeah, even if we make it past Miami, we're going to get drubbed by Cleveland with the way we play on the road. We might lose by 50. I've never seen a playoff team play so poorly on the road.

Better us than them? I'd rather see us play the Cavs because I know our guys will get chippy against them. If the Heat played the Cavs, it'd basically be the Cavs winning a race to the FT line.

• Premium Member

Can the Hawks get some fair calls?

Will our offense be efficient again?

Will we shut down Jones and Cook?

Can Joe and Josh play inspired ball?

Will Horf be available to play?

Those are all the things we have to do... good news is that we've done it before. I give Woody some credit. Interview yesterday, he said our defensive energy is what has won us games. However, he shouldn't forget the offensive efficiency.

At this point, it all depends on what Hawks team shows up.

If it takes the whole city to tell him, Josh needs to understand his role. I scream at the TV at his lamebrain shooting. Josh Smith is going to put a lot of Hawks fans in the Hospital because of Stroke... Grady ought to build a Josh Smith Wing for people with Josh Smith related Strokes.