• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou on Bibby

Frenzy

If he comes back we have to realistic about the minutes. He cannot play extended minutes . . . . nor can JJ . . . . like last year. In which case there will be minutes to go around.

You have to think Sund has talked with Woody about this issue to develop the young pg.

It is Woody were are talking about here. Sund said he will not tell Woody how to coach the team. So Teague is our next Acie for the next 3 years until he is traded if Bibby is re-signed. We aren't going anywhere with Bibby. Why not try a Teague/Crawford combo? We lose in the first round or second, Woody is canned. We go to the lottery, Woody is canned and we get a stud player. We go to the Eastern finals, excellent. We surprisingly go to the NBA Finals, fantastic. One thing is for sure we are not going to the Finals with Woody as coach and Bibby as PG.

Edited by GameTime

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is Woody were are talking about here. Sund said he will not tell Woody how to coach the team. So Teague is our next Acie for the next 3 years until he is traded if Bibby is re-signed. We aren't going anywhere with Bibby. Why not try a Teague/Crawford combo? We lose in the first round or second, Woody is canned. We go to the lottery, Woody is canned and we get a stud player. We go to the Eastern finals, excellent. We surprisingly go to the NBA Finals, fantastic. One thing is for sure we are not going to the Finals with Woody as coach and Bibby as PG.

Man you guys KILL me acting as if Woody is the reason Acie didn't pan out. "Woody doesn't play rookies." "Woody doesn't like young guys." "Woody has no offense." Excuses, excuses, excuses. Acie didn't pan out because one, he couldn't stay healthy when he did get the opportunity to play and two, because he's simply not that good. He began his rookie season as our starting PG and got hurt shortly thereafter. He would try to come back and something else would go wrong. If it wasn't his wrist it was his ankle. If it wasn't his ankle it was his back. Combine all those injuries with tentative, non-aggressive play and a coach who HAD to win now or be gone and you are NOT going to be in the rotation.

Teague will get playing time if he proves to be ready just as Smoove, Chillz, Marv, Al and Zaza all did under Woody. Heck many would argue that Marvin was not ready and Woody still played him. Just because the likes of Salim, Solo, Dante Smith and Shelden didn't get a lot of PT under Woody doesn't mean much to me. Diaw is the only guy that turned out pretty good when he left but that was only after PHO accidentally discovered that he could be effective at Center at 6'8" 215 in their system.

If Teague is ready, Woody will play him. It is clear he likes him based on the stuff he is saying about his game. He sure wasn't that positive about what he thought Acie could do.

I agree Trace. These forums always have a grass is greener perspective. Another example Estaban Batista. So many thought he would be awesome if only we gave him PT. No other team picked him up after he left us. These players will get PT if they earn it. I need to see Acie light it up before I concur with this notion that Woody ruined him. He has played young guys in the past, and will play Teague if he shows that he deserves it.

• Moderators
Another example Estaban Batista. So many thought he would be awesome if only we gave him PT. No other team picked him up after he left us.

I was one arguing for more playing time for him and still don't think he could have done worse with more minutes than Lorenzen Wright did that season. I didn't think Batista was particularly good -- more like the less dreadful choice when compared to Wright.

I was one arguing for more playing time for him and still don't think he could have done worse with more minutes than Lorenzen Wright did that season. I didn't think Batista was particularly good -- more like the less dreadful choice when compared to Wright.

At least Wright could find a team after he became a free agent

And also, we cant forget that Batista got us Al Horford! (Batista injured JJ in a game, giving us a bad enough record to hold on to that pick rather than give it to PHX).

• Premium Member
Because we need a starting point guard

One scenario i would like see would be to bring Acie Law back. GS doesn't need him and only traded for him to match salaries. Couldn't Acie be released by GS then come to play PG here again in case Bibby jets? The guy moved his whole family down here so I know he's itching to get back.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

One scenario i like see would be to bring Acie Law back. GS doesn't need him and only traded for him to match salaries. Couldn't Acie be released by GS then come to play PG here again in case Bibby jets? The guy moved his whole family down here so I know he's itching to get back.

Huh?? LOL. That ship has sailed. No parties involved wants that to happen. You do know we drafted a PG in the first round correct?

• Premium Member
Huh?? LOL. That ship has sailed. No parties involved wants that to happen. You do know we drafted a PG in the first round correct?

yeah but he's not ready to start. Acie can keep the seat warm until he figures everything out. Worst case Acie shines then gets packaged again for a big.

I know it's out there but damn that would be sweet!

yeah but he's not ready to start. Acie can keep the seat warm until he figures everything out. Worst case Acie shines then gets packaged again for a big.

I know it's out there but damn that would be sweet!

We picked up Jamal Crawford too. Whether he's a point or 2...doesn't matter. Hell would freeze over before you would ever see Acie Law in a Hawks uniform next year. Dude had his chance here, whether he was given a fair shot by Woody or not...it's moot.