• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou on Bibby

Frenzy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Teague rides the pine for the next _ years (Until Woody is gone or he is traded to Golden State?) if true.

If Bibby is breaking down as much as everyone claims, then Teague will probably get some Pt due to Bibby injuries

Teague rides the pine for the next _ years (Until Woody is gone or he is traded to Golden State?) if true.

I'm worried about that too so let's just hope that Teague doesn't get injured 50 times a year and that he runs the offense the way that he is instructed so that he'll get PT.

• Admin
link

from twitter:

Sources indicate Hawks are inching closer to common ground w/Mike Bibby's camp on a new deal. Nothing concrete as of yet, though.

excellent. I hope it is for 3 years. Bibby is very important for the success of this team.

If we can get him signed up that takes care of our pg issues. Then we can focus on Marv and some big man depth!!

Edited by capstone21

excellent. I hope it is for 3 years. Bibby is very important for the success of this team.

If we can get him signed up that takes care of our pg issues. Then we can focus on Marv and some big man depth!!

Yep 3 years and about 22-25 million and I'd be pretty happy with that.

• Premium Member

Parsing words... it addresses our PG issues, but to my mind anyhow, doesn't take care of them. We still have matador defense going on in the front court, and that seriously disappoints me. Not sure that there's any realistic better option, though.

Edited by sturt

I have mixed feelings about Bibby. He is a vet who brings much-needed leadership, but he doesnt play defense and doesnt do much else (statistically) if his jumper isn't on. He will give up about as many points as he scores. I just wish we didn't have a defensive sieve in Bibby at PG.

Of course, since he is still good offensively, and fits well in Woody's so-called offense, he will still get 30-35 MPG. Between him and Crawford, Teague will not see the floor much at all. Sund said that bringing in Flip retarded Acie's progress, but I feel having both Bibby AND Crawford will do the same to Teague due to the lack of PT he will have to deal with.

I don't know, I would have rathered a Hinrich or some other PG who could play defense and hold the fort down long enough until Teague is ready.

Then again, if Woody allowed us to pick-and-roll more often, Bibby's calling card, then maybe I would feel better about Bibby.

Oh well...

Bibby>>>>Teague

Teague hasn't even played a minute in the NBA yet.

We will never win a championship or go to the Finals with Bibby. With Teague and Crawford we don't know as we haven't seen them mesh with our team. Woody will not play Teague any minutes if we re-sign Bibby. And our defense and offense (barring an almost .500 FG% from 3 in the beginning like last year) will be mediocre.

Edited by GameTime

I like this signing. Like I said, I think Teague needs to learn from someone as he enters the league, and I think having someone like Bibby come in and show him the ropes is going to be very helpful since I personally think that they play alike (obviously Teague has more athleticism) and Teague would probably love to play like prime-Bibby. If Bibby is signed, it'll be one step closer to solidifying the roster.

• Premium Member

Three year deal seems the most likely... Hopefully it will be at around 23-25 million range.

If we lock up Bibby I think we will be in terrific shape. People complaining about minutes are being a little hasty IMO... We still have not resigned Marvin OR Flip Murray. If one of those two guys bolts than JJ will have to play a lot of SF minutes freeing up minutes for our other guards.

If we sign Marvin and let Flip walk (which seems like the likliest scenario to me), than minutes could get a little tight. If by some miracle though, Woody decides to actually play JJ reasonable minutes (35 a game) and cuts Bibby's playing time to the 28-30 range, there is no reason why we couldn't have: Teague getting 20+ mpg, Crawford getting 25+ mpg, Marvin getting 28-30 mpg... MO Evan's playing time would go down to under 5 MPG but I think we would have a very deep, and very offensively efficient team.

Edited by Atlantaholic

Christ Almighty I hope this is true.

To many of you - of course Bibby is not a long-term solution. But the guy runs the offense well (which Woodson does not). This team is honestly lost without him on the floor.

Exhibit 1782745387 was the Clippers game at home last year when Bibby was injured.

As much I like Teague. Let be honest we need Bibby back. Bibby saved the Hawks so many times last year I lost count. As long as the deal is 3 years and that is what Kidd getting is 3 years. I will happy with that. Hopefully it is around $21 million and if he reaches certain clauses then it gets bumped up to $24 Million. Hawks need Bibby and Bibby need the Hawks.

As much I like Teague. Let be honest we need Bibby back. Bibby saved the Hawks so many times last year I lost count. As long as the deal is 3 years and that is what Kidd getting is 3 years. I will happy with that. Hopefully it is around $21 million and if he reaches certain clauses then it gets bumped up to $24 Million. Hawks need Bibby and Bibby need the Hawks.

If the Cleveland series is any indication if Bibby should be resigned I would say no. Here are some stats from that series

........... Bibby...............................M Williams

Game 1 19 pts 8 ast.....................21 pts 0 ast

Game 2 11 pts 1 ast.....................15 pts 0 ast

Game 3 8 pts 5 ast........................11 pts 3 ast

Game 4 3 pts 1 ast .........................12 pts 5 ast

When it was time to step up with other players injured Bibby couldn't do it. I don't know why Woody wants to have scorers in the backcourt who you have to depend on in the playoffs. You win in the paint and our front court needs scorers which means the point guard needs to think pass first score 2nd. Resigning Bibby is just another broken record for this franchise not taking the chance to get someone better. If Teague is all that then sign Kidd or Miller for 1 yr and let Teague take over. Resginig Bibby to 3 yrs means Teague rides the pine for who knows how long. If Bibby's shot isn't going down he is little use since the whole offense is handicapped.What I mean no scoring from Bibby and the other players are not gettting setup like a good point guard should do to help the team win.

Let's just ignore Bibby's performance, when we needed him most. Lets ignore, his point of view during the 4th quarters...during the playoffs. Let's ignore his defensive output. Let's ignore his skipping. Lets ignore has handing off to JJ, whenever he felt any pressure in the backcourt. Let's ignore his lack of playmaking skills. Since we're ignoring Bibby's impact on the team, lets resign him...