• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou on Bibby

Frenzy

"i" instead of "l"?

He is used to raising his middle finger rather than moving his ring finger. Seems like a wise man.

Now THAT is some good analysis :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree with the statement.

Which is why I called him a terrific passer. I've seen more than that. It's just that the highlights will always show the lobs to Smoove, and not so much of the other. And further, being a terrific passer isn't just a matter of how slick the pass is, but should include making the right pass to the right player at the right time even if it isn't no-look.

I'm not a Bibby advocate, but I appreciate him for what he is. If not for the CBA, though, I honestly think we could do better with Miller, mainly b/c Miller has proved capable of playing adequate D most nights.

highlights? lol I watch every game and bibby rarely makes a great pass if it isn't a lob to smoove. his best passes as a hawk came in his first game as a hawk. since then....

• Premium Member
highlights? lol I watch every game and bibby rarely makes a great pass if it isn't a lob to smoove. his best passes as a hawk came in his first game as a hawk. since then....

And further, being a terrific passer isn't just a matter of how slick the pass is, but should include making the right pass to the right player at the right time even if it isn't no-look.

• Moderators

To me Bibby is not a plus passer or playmaker but he is a steady hand. He is a plus shooter and a big negative on the defensive side of the ball. I would be happy if we sign Bibby to a short contract for reasonable dollars because I don't think we can expect to succeed this season with a PG tandem of of Crawford, Flip and Teague.

I will also add that resigning Bibby almost surely means no return of Flip if you are going to make any commitment to developing Teague.

To me Bibby is not a plus passer or playmaker but he is a steady hand. He is a plus shooter and a big negative on the defensive side of the ball. I would be happy if we sign Bibby to a short contract for reasonable dollars because I don't think we can expect to succeed this season with a PG tandem of of Crawford, Flip and Teague.

I will also add that resigning Bibby almost surely means no return of Flip if you are going to make any commitment to developing Teague.

I agree about all those points.

The best thing about Bibby is that he rarely turns the ball over. When he got here the Hawks immediately went from one of the most turnover prone clubs to one of the teams that commit the fewest turnovers.

• Premium Member

The best thing about Bibby is that he rarely turns the ball over. When he got here the Hawks immediately went from one of the most turnover prone clubs to one of the teams that commit the fewest turnovers.

5/1.62 is impressive.

• Premium Member
+2

So 5 years 25 mil. Probably work to trade him after year 2.

That's cause he rarely handles the ball in the backcourt or pressure situations.

That's cause he rarely handles the ball in the backcourt or pressure situations.

BZZT. So why did the TEAM turnovers drop so drastically?

Try again!

Edited by drzachary

• Premium Member

Good point. He almost never goes past the 3-pt line.

• Premium Member

I'm glad it looks like we're bringing Bibs back. I remember what it was like before he got here and I don't want to see us go back to that. It looks like some fans are a little too jaded about that fact or have really short memories. Unless there's someone out there who is head and shoulders above him, there's no use just letting him walk, especially if we can sign him to a reasonable short term contract. I understand that the team as a WHOLE improved and made the Playoffs, but I can't help but associate Bibby's presence with those two Playoff appearances. Our play before and after that trade was like night and day during that 37 win season and this season was the best this decade. Getting 15ppg and 5apg out of the PG position for the first time since Mookie had a lot to do with that success. The guy has been a a good Hawk plain and simple.

Edited by hawkman

Bibby is a OK player but to suggest that he's a must-have is just crazy. If you sign him then you're giving Woody a green light to ruin Teague.

Why the Hawks aren't willing to take a step back in order to take 3 steps froward baffles me. With Bibby you were BARLEY the 4th best team anyway. Yes signing him makes the Hawks better in the short term but is it worth Woody screwing up another young player's psyche?

Enough of all the spoon feeding stuff. Say goodbye to the Bibby stopgap and take the Matt Ryan (Falcons on the mind) approach with Teague and let the young buck learn it on the court.

Yeah let the young buck learn on the fly. That worked so well with Jason Terry.

• Premium Member
Yeah let the young buck learn on the fly. That worked so well with Jason Terry.

and that's BARELY

no need to get called out twice.

Good point. He almost never goes past the 3-pt line.

Neither did our previous PGs (AJ & Lue)........yet for some reason Bibby had a big effect on this team with keeping the turnovers down.

The end result is more shot oppurtunites for us and less shot oppurtunities for the opponent.

Edited by coachx

If he comes back we have to realistic about the minutes. He cannot play extended minutes . . . . nor can JJ . . . . like last year. In which case there will be minutes to go around.

You have to think Sund has talked with Woody about this issue to develop the young pg.

So 5 years 25 mil. Probably work to trade him after year 2.

These guys were saying 3 years for 25 mil. I still want somebody to explain to me why we are talking about giving Bibby the same amount of money that Dallas is offering Kidd. To me I wouldn't go over 3 years 18 mil. No one is going to offer Bibby more than that. No one can. Let's not overspend here.

If he comes back we have to realistic about the minutes. He cannot play extended minutes . . . . nor can JJ . . . . like last year. In which case there will be minutes to go around.

You have to think Sund has talked with Woody about this issue to develop the young pg.

Bingo. You have 96 minutes per game for your back court to play. You might see Joe move to the 3 in rare occasions so they can get Bibby, Crawford and Joe on the floor at the same time. Still, Joe should get the first four minutes of the second, third and fourth quarters off EVERY NIGHT. Joe, Bibby and Crawford should all average in the low to mid 30s in minutes per game at MOST.