• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What will happen to crawford and others once we resign bibby back?

JTB

Reading all the talk about bibby and us resigning him, showed me that it will surely happen. We will get bibby back and he will be

the starting pg. Now for those who tends to worry about whats going to happen to crawford, well let me explain its simple really,

crawford will be on the bench this season subbing in for johnson(Keep in mind crawford did say in his interview that he has no

problem coming off the bench:hell he will be the sixth man of the year if he comes off the bench scoring 20pt a game and he is

capable of it). With that said the hawks will probably get flip back to come off the bench and sub for bibby. An im pretty

sure we will resign marv and zaza as well. Its very important to get your core group back when trying to get to the top

and sund knows that.(an teague will get his share of minutes i guarantee it!)

so this should answer all of your questions:Here's a look at our lineup next year

pg- bibby=30 min a game

sg-johnson=30 min a game

sf- marv=30 min agame

pf-smith=30 min a game

c-horford-30 min a game

bench

pg- flip/teague-20 min a game/(teague probably will get about 12 min under woody)

sg-crawford-20 min a game

sf-evans-20 min a game

pf-morris or solo-2.0 min a game (wont really play)

c-zaza-15 min a game

Minutes allocated in a full game is 240.Im sure woody could manage this without a problem and it will actually be best for the

team. Instead of having a 8 man rotation, we take it up a step and now have a 9 man rotation thanks to crawford. PLus woody

plays people he trust, we dont know if he trust teague yet but we do know he trust flip, mo, zaza, and he really dont have a

choice but to trust crawford a 20 point scorer which woody said himself about how much he likes his ability to score!

• Premium Member

IMO, with the trade for Crawford it means that either 1) Bibby is gone, or 2) Flip is gone. I think the only way Flip comes back next year is if we don't resign Bibby or if Flip accepts another bargain deal. I don't think Crawford would be scoring 20ppg if he is only getting 20 minutes a game.

• Premium Member
I don't think we've improved our bench much when you got Morris / Solo as the other big man.... that's just scary.

Yeah. Sund has to make a move for a big... something better than just trading for Gadzurich.

I think what's going to happen is that we will make a trade to help our frontcourt. However, I'm not sure that Joe won't be playing a lot of 3 next year. I know that some hate to think that Joe can play the 3, because he can... or that Crawford is a 2, because he is. I hope that big that we are targetting is DeAndre Jordan. However, I have a feeling that we might be going another way.

IMO, with the trade for Crawford it means that either 1) Bibby is gone, or 2) Flip is gone. I think the only way Flip comes back next year is if we don't resign Bibby or if Flip accepts another bargain deal. I don't think Crawford would be scoring 20ppg if he is only getting 20 minutes a game.

thats true he prob wont score 20 but he'll give us 12 to 15 off the bench. (he will probably be in longer than 20 depending on how good woody sees him doing)

I hope you are right and Flip does in deed come back. I thing that's a very capable roster. Also, what you said about JC subbing for JJ makes total sense... Joe will be much more productive towards the end of the season not having to play 40 mins per game!!!

Yeah. Sund has to make a move for a big... something better than just trading for Gadzurich.

I think what's going to happen is that we will make a trade to help our frontcourt. However, I'm not sure that Joe won't be playing a lot of 3 next year. I know that some hate to think that Joe can play the 3, because he can... or that Crawford is a 2, because he is. I hope that big that we are targetting is DeAndre Jordan. However, I have a feeling that we might be going another way.

i dont mind putting jj at the 3 and crawford at the 2, i just dont think it should be a starting lineup thing unless marv goes down or something. The fact that we have some players that are versatile makes us even better.

jj-sg or sf

marv-sf or pf

crawford- pg or sg

horford-pf(when za za is in)-center

flip-pg or sg

mo-sg or sf

(i guess smith too sf or pf..................again i guess)LOL

Reading all the talk about bibby and us resigning him, showed me that it will surely happen. We will get bibby back and he will be

the starting pg. Now for those who tends to worry about whats going to happen to crawford, well let me explain its simple really,

crawford will be on the bench this season subbing in for johnson(Keep in mind crawford did say in his interview that he has no

problem coming off the bench:hell he will be the sixth man of the year if he comes off the bench scoring 20pt a game and he is

capable of it). With that said the hawks will probably get flip back to come off the bench and sub for bibby. An im pretty

sure we will resign marv and zaza as well. Its very important to get your core group back when trying to get to the top

so this should answer all of your questions:Here's a look at our lineup next year

pg- bibby=30 min a game

sg-johnson=30 min a game

sf- marv=30 min agame

pf-smith=30 min a game

c-horford-30 min a game

bench

pg- flip/teague-20 min a game/(teague probably will get about 12 min under woody)

sf-evans-20 min a game

c-zaza-15 min a game

Minutes allocated in a full game is 240.Im sure woody could manage this without a problem and it will actually be best for the

team. Instead of having a 8 man rotation, we take it up a step and now have a 9 man rotation thanks to crawford. PLus woody

plays people he trust, we dont know if he trust teague yet but we do know he trust flip, mo, zaza, and he really dont have a

choice but to trust crawford a 20 point scorer which woody said himself about how much he likes his ability to score!

LOL No.

More likely....

pg- bibby=35 min a game

sg-johnson=40 min a game

sf- marv=35 min agame

pf-smith=35 min a game

c-horford-35 min a game

bench

pg- flip- (He has to be gone)

sg-crawford-25 min a game

sf-evans-15 min a game

c-zaza-20 min a game

pg-teague - 0/1 min a game

LOL No.

More likely....

pg- bibby=35 min a game

sg-johnson=40 min a game

sf- marv=35 min agame

pf-smith=35 min a game

c-horford-35 min a game

bench

sf-evans-15 min a game

c-zaza-20 min a game

uhhhhhh LOL..............NO. if we do this we are not improving, were just the same with a 8 man rotation like this past year. if we keep this up we wont ever improve. flip must stay as well as the others so we can have threats comin off the bench instead of just 3, we can have 4. sund will do the right thing and keep his core players which is only 8 from our current roster. REMEMBER we are trying to compete and be a legit CHAMPION CONTENDER. Your rotation doesnt make us better, it makes us the exact same with crawford as a replacement for flip. but im telling you we can have 4 good men off the bench instead of just 3.

uhhhhhh LOL..............NO. if we do this we are not improving, were just the same with a 8 man rotation like this past year. if we keep this up we wont ever improve. flip must stay as well as the others so we can have threats comin off the bench instead of just 3, we can have 4. sund will do the right thing and keep his core players which is only 8 from our current roster. REMEMBER we are trying to compete and be a legit CHAMPION CONTENDER. Your rotation doesnt make us better, it makes us the exact same with crawford as a replacement for flip. but im telling you we can have 4 good men off the bench instead of just 3.

But there's too much redundancy off the bench having three scoring guards in Flip, Crawford and Teague subbing in. If either Crawford or Flip were 6'6"-6'8" with more tools to their game such as rebounding or defense I'd see the merit in it. Since they are not, that leaves us very undersized on the bench with 3 guys only looking to shoot.

uhhhhh yeah, woody is still our coach lol. Gametime had to more realistic rotation. U had a dream. and please believe if we had Bibby,Flip, and Crawford, Jeff Teague is NOT playing.

Edited by Cwell

LOL No.

More likely....

pg- bibby=35 min a game

sg-johnson=40 min a game

sf- marv=35 min agame

pf-smith=35 min a game

c-horford-35 min a game

bench

sf-evans-15 min a game

c-zaza-20 min a game

Joe and Crawford were both top ten in minutes played last year now Crawfords gonna drop all the way to 25 minutes per game ? I think both will see reduced minutes minutes but the one who will see a drastic reduction in minutes is Bibby.

Instead of the 38-39 minutes Crawford and Joe were playing last year it will be 35-36 but Bibby will go from 34 to probably around 30 .

• Premium Member
Joe and Crawford were both top ten in minutes played last year now Crawfords gonna drop all the way to 25 minutes per game ? I think both will see reduced minutes minutes but the one who will see a drastic reduction in minutes is Bibby.

Instead of the 38-39 minutes Crawford and Joe were playing last year it will be 35-36 but Bibby will go from 34 to probably around 30 .

I think you will see a spattering of minutes for Craw and Joe that equals higher than 38. If we get Flip back (which it seems like we will get back both Flip and Bibby), you will see Joe playing more 3 this year. A lot more. Maybe as a starter. The bottom line is that Craw can make a bigger impact on this team playing and starting than Marvin can. Marvin is an overhyped Bench player. We have ignored the truth about Marvin and believed this fairy tale in order to justify him. Well, his contract is over. With his back being bad, I don't think it's wise for Sund to consider matching anything. If nothing else, Sund should be working a trade of Marvin.

What I hope to see: (Bringing back Bibby, Marvin, and ZaZa while losing Flip)

By Position:

PG - Bibby 30 mpg / Crawford 15 mpg / Teague 3 mpg

SG - JJ 30 mpg / Crawford 15 mpg / Teague 3 mpg

SF - Marvin 27 mpg / Evans 15 mpg / JJ 6 mpg

PF - Smith 36 mpg / Marvin 9 mpg / Horford 3 mpg

C - Horford 32 mpg / ZaZa 16 mpg

This is how I see it playing out. Hopefully we add another big for depth.

Total minuts for each player

JJ 36 mpg

Smith 36 mpg

Marvin 36 mpg

Horford 35 mpg

Bibby 30 mpg

Crawford 30 mpg

ZaZa 16 mpg

Mo 15 mpg

Teague 6 mpg

There are minutes out there for Teague to steal if he shows he is read to TAKE them. The minutes will not be given to him though.

This is what we would see if Diesel has his way. (Bibby, Flip, and ZaZa come back and Marvin is let go). I hate this idea by the way !

1. A SRARTING BACKCOURT OF BIBBY AND CRAWFORD COULD BE THE WORST STARTING BACKCOURT IN THE ENTIRE NBA !!!!

2. We are already a poor rebounding team. Crawford is a poor rebounder and Marvin is a better rebounder then JJ is at teh SF position.

Bibby 30 mpg / Flip 15 mpg / Teague 3 mpg

Crawford 30 mpg / Flip 10 mpg / JJ 8 mpg

JJ 30 mpg / Evans 18 mpg

Smith 36 mpg / Horford 12 mpg

Horford 23 mpg / ZaZa 25 mpg

Edited by coachx

pg- bibby=30 min a game

sg-johnson=30 min a game

sf- marv=30 min agame

pf-smith=30 min a game

c-horford-30 min a game

bench

sf-evans-20 min a game

c-zaza-15 min a game

In your world no player plays more then one position.

It never happens like that. JJ will get minutes at SF and SG, Marvin will play SF and PF, Crawford wil play PG and SG, and it goes on and on.