• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta not in the running for Mcdyess

JJFAN4LF

McDyess' agent said Wednesday the Pistons remain on his short list.

"He's digesting it all right now," Andy Miller said. "The bulk of teams that have called understand the criteria we've outlined. We have our group and now it's up to Antonio to survey the situation and try to put them in some kind of order."

Detroit, Washington, Houston, Cleveland, San Antonio and Boston are believed to be among McDyess' suitors. McDyess, 35, left $8 million on the table last year when he took a buyout from Denver to return to the Pistons. He would like to recoup most of that in a two-year deal, but he told Miller it was more important to be on a team with serious championship aspirations.

Source: http://www.detnews.com/article/20090702/SP...0412/1127/rss13

Two big man down now with Gortat and Mcdyess. Most likely 3 with Sheed going to a team like Boston.

Edited by chillz01

He would like to recoup most of that in a two-year deal, but he told Miller it was more important to be on a team with serious championship aspirations.

Well that would seem to rule out Detroit, Washington, and Houston.

Well that would seem to rule out Detroit, Washington, and Houston.

Same ole Hawks while the competitors become stronger the Hawks are satisfied with just resigning their own players? Guess the Hawks have alot more to prove to bigs around the league they are serious about winning titles.

Same ole Hawks while the competitors become stronger the Hawks are satisfied with just resigning their own players? Guess the Hawks have alot more to prove to bigs around the league they are serious about winning titles.

Well that's a little fatalistic, isn't it? It's still very early in the process, and beyond that the Crawford trade obviously proves that they're doing more than just resigning their own guys. It's not such a bad thing to be focused on signing your own players either. I would love to have a resigned Pachulia, and Murray, and Bibby, and Marvin, assuming we could sign them all to reasonable contracts.

Well that's a little fatalistic, isn't it? It's still very early in the process, and beyond that the Crawford trade obviously proves that they're doing more than just resigning their own guys. It's not such a bad thing to be focused on signing your own players either. I would love to have a resigned Pachulia, and Murray, and Bibby, and Marvin, assuming we could sign them all to reasonable contracts.

I' just being a realist, the East has improved yet the Hawks showed in the playoffs they couldn't compete with the Cavs. It wouldn't have mattered having a healthy Hawks team the Hawks lack rebounding,shot blocking in the paint and you win in the paint. As long as the guards are the main scoring threats the Hawks won't win a championship.

You guys are ridiculous. Let's try some reading comprehension. What in this statement means we are out of the running: "Detroit, Washington, Houston, Cleveland, San Antonio and Boston are believed to be among McDyess' suitors."

The writer isn't even certain these teams are after McDyess. He's only listing a few of the teams that he thinks are pusuing him. This story is more about his state of mind and what the kind of opportunity he is looking for. That being said it doesn't mean we have a good chance either, but I'm not taking this story to indicate we are out of it.

now that mcdyess is gone, what do you guys think about drew gooden? im pretty sure hes an unrestricted free agent and he's a guy that could get in there and bang for us. would prolly come pretty cheap too

I'd be satisfied with Drew Gooden and/or Joe Smith. Of course I'd like to see Zaza re-signed as well. :helpsmilie:

• Premium Member
now that mcdyess is gone, what do you guys think about drew gooden? im pretty sure hes an unrestricted free agent and he's a guy that could get in there and bang for us. would prolly come pretty cheap too

If we can't get McDyess I would rather have Gooden who can rebound and run the court over ZaZa. If ZaZa is getting BIG money let him go.

If we can't get McDyess I would rather have Gooden who can rebound and run the court over ZaZa. If ZaZa is getting BIG money let him go.

As much as I like Zaza and the offensive rebounding and free throw shooting ability he brings to the table, he is a very replaceable playr. That's the case with most of the centers in the NBA these days though. As I said in another thread, there are very few quality centers in the NBA period. The large majority of the centers in this league are flawed. They either aren't big enough, lack offensive ability, are poor on defense, are poor rebounds, or lack athelticism. This isn't the league that was once dominated by the likes of Patrick Ewing, Hakeem Olajuwon, David Robinson, Shaquille O'Neal, Dikembe Mutombo, and Alonzo Mourning. The league has gone from one that is dominated by the big men to one that is dominated by the small men/guards of the league. This is an adaptation that some fans are just going to have to accept, because the outlook for big men isn't getting any better based on looking what is available at the college level.

I would def take Drew Gooden. He can put up decent numbers. But again he is 6'10. I think the Hawks will wind up signing Zaza back. He wouldn't be asking for alot in my opinion. How about the Hawks grow a sack and go hard after either Amare or even somebody like Camby!