• Raised $390 of $700 target

What is the status with Marvin?

ConverseChris

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we talked to him, does he want just a QO or long term deal or what, im getting anxious cuz we need to lock this guy up for the next 5-6 years.

I've been anxious about it myself, but after Sund singed Bibby and then Zaza I'm more at ease.... It seems he's got a handle on things and will do what's right. I think it'll just be a matter of time until we get the news that he will continue to be a hawk.

Edited by chico1

Have we talked to him, does he want just a QO or long term deal or what, im getting anxious cuz we need to lock this guy up for the next 5-6 years.

Every analyst thinks he will take the QO.

I personally think that with the shrinking cap and so many free agents available next year, the best he will get is get a 5 or 6 year deal starting at 6 million.

There is no way Marvin is taking the QO. I think we will hear something in the coming days. When Sund went to meet with Zaza agent he was also meeting with Marvin agent. Zaza deal got done the very next day. I think Sund want to get the deal done soon so he can concentrate on what to do with Chill.

Edited by UltimaDragonReaver

Every analyst thinks he will take the QO.

I personally think that with the shrinking cap and so many free agents available next year, the best he will get is get a 5 or 6 year deal starting at 6 million.

I hope its something like that

I was thinking a 5 year deal in 35-45 range

but seeing that AV contract tonight makes me think he will want 8 mil atleast now :sad:

I think that our GM Sund is taking a similar approach to last-years dealings with Smoove's contract... and that's a smart strategy! He's waiting to see how the market will play out, and so far we've seen that market had already taken a certain shape... it's shrinking and there aren't many teams which have ability to offer Marvin some "Crazy deal"!

Also, Marvin and his advisers now have better understanding of his market value (Charlie Villanueva, Ron Artest), plus the projections on next-years salary cap (which is negative)... all those circumstances favor Hawks!

I have no doubt that Sund's gonna do the right thing! This guy is making all of us believers again!

He took care of our RFA's first, knowing all the circumstances on the market... and he did so without jeopardising our cap space and future financial leverage.

P.S. I think we'll lock Marvin for 35-40/5!

no way that happens

We would hear talks of it as his agent would try to use it as leverage if it were even remotely possible. But, I have not heard anything, so I do not believe it is even on the table.

I think this will take a long time like how last year took a while for JS and Chilz only for the fact that he's a RFA. We wait for someone to make their move, then we match, or not. Its not like MW is that important. If someone wants to overpay for him, let them. We could spend our money better. MW doesn't bring much to the table. A few jumpers and thats it. Defense is suspect and his drive to the hole is painful to watch. Your almost waiting for him to injure himself.

Edited by KDT88

I think this will take a long time like how last year took a while for JS and Chilz only for the fact that he's a RFA. We wait for someone to make their move, then we match, or not. Its not like MW is that important. If someone wants to overpay for him, let them. We could spend our money better. MW doesn't bring much to the table. A few jumpers and thats it. Defense is suspect and his drive to the hole is painful to watch. Your almost waiting for him to injure himself.

Doesn't a decision on Chiilz have to happen by July 15th?

Doesn't a decision on Chiilz have to happen by July 15th?

15th represents the dead-line for Chillz! He must declare whether he stays with Olympiakos or he wants to opt out and return to the NBA.

Marvin needs to be S&T along with Chillz. The bulls just got Boozer. The teams below the Hawks last season are closing in this year. The Hawks need another impact player and Marvin isn't a difference maker. They won majority of the games without him last season and a lot of the games that they lost without him were games they probably would have lost anyway.

I forsee Chils coming back... in a S&T with another team.

David Andersen coming over for a reasonable price (around $3M a year).

MW gets an extension for 5 years at about $38M.

In the Chils S&T, I anticipate a fairly solid vet with a reasonable contract. I wouldn't mind an expiring and a first.

That would leave us nine deep plus Teague. Bring in another Ceap FA or two (like the Flip signing last season) and a couple of league min contracts and we in business.

Marvin needs to be S&T along with Chillz. The bulls just got Boozer. The teams below the Hawks last season are closing in this year. The Hawks need another impact player and Marvin isn't a difference maker. They won majority of the games without him last season and a lot of the games that they lost without him were games they probably would have lost anyway.

we won games without Joe and Bibby also, your point?

we won games without Joe and Bibby also, your point?

He is right though. Out of all the starters Marvin is the least important. I still want us to sign the guy, but I am worried about that back.

• Premium Member
He is right though. Out of all the starters Marvin is the least important. I still want us to sign the guy, but I am worried about that back.

Screw it, I like Marv but if his contract demand is too high, S&T him and bring back Childress as a starting SF. Marv's shooting was what made him important for us especially with our crap offense. We have plenty of shooters this season and not enough balls to go around. We might as well bring back the guy who doesn't really need the ball to be effective and who is cheaper.