• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

You guys are tragically funny.

Diesel

How many more sky is falling post do I have to read? We got our asses handed to us and we looked bad. Hell, it happens to every team. Especially when the team looks like their shooting 80% from 3. We have time to diagnose this teams problem, but don't doubt that we are still good.

agreed.

agreed.

I sorta agree...but did you two watch the game? Million dollar Marvin was a ghost (maybe a halloween thing) and Teague went zero for fifteen. I tried to look up the record on that but the NBA doesn't keep records for O-fers.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

I sorta agree...but did you two watch the game? Million dollar Marvin was a ghost (maybe a halloween thing) and Teague went zero for fifteen. I tried to look up the record on that but the NBA doesn't keep records for O-fers.

I watched. The Vince Carter you saw last night is not the same VC that you will see in Feb. Neither is the Joe Johnson... We haven't started the season yet, but it's a long season.

For those of you who like to give everybody excuses, i believe that if the ship is not right in Jan, Woody will be gone and a trade will be made. But let's just play some games before we give up.

How many more sky is falling post do I have to read? We got our asses handed to us and we looked bad. Hell, it happens to every team. Especially when the team looks like their shooting 80% from 3. We have time to diagnose this teams problem, but don't doubt that we are still good.

Thank u, I haven't commented on any of this crap bc I felt there was no need. We had a good ps n we just ran into the magic on a bad night. They were on fire, we sucked. ONE GAME! it happens to everybody, yes EVERYBODY but it happened to us in the ps n everybodys ready to go jump off a building, calm down people.

• Like 1

I agree, but you're also tragically funny if you still believe the Hawks can finish higher than the Magic (well you're also tragically funny for a number of other reasons). They're better at every single thing.

But you were right about one thing, Vince Carter sure looked like a misfit on that team!

Edited by High5

Good at what? Beating the rest of the mediocre east? They didn't even have their 2nd lead scorer from last year and they still took this team apart.

I watched. The Vince Carter you saw last night is not the same VC that you will see in Feb. Neither is the Joe Johnson... We haven't started the season yet, but it's a long season.

For those of you who like to give everybody excuses, i believe that if the ship is not right in Jan, Woody will be gone and a trade will be made. But let's just play some games before we give up.

Vince Carter always beats the Hawks *ss. It happens every year and I don;t see why it's going to be different this year. Just don't see it.

It is tragic when you look like a middle school team on national tv. Does anyone really think the Hawks aren't a bit ashamed of how they looked last night? Does anyone think Woody is just telling them after the game to forget about it and pretend it never happened? Does anyone think that they aren't going to address some of their deficiencies they displayed last night in the upcoming practices? If this organization has any intelligence, then last night had to bring some concern. We were toys! Losing the game is completely insignificant. Losing it the way we did shows me they aren't ready for any real games yet. Hopefully, they grow some chemistry and concern and fix the problems. Orlando isn't that good and we aren't that bad. But it is ridiculous to get taken to the woodshed like that.

Edited by Eddielives

It is tragic when you look like a middle school team on national tv. Does anyone really think the Hawks aren't a bit ashamed of how they looked last night? Does anyone think Woody is just telling them after the game to forget about it and pretend it never happened? Does anyone think that they aren't going to address some of their deficiencies they displayed last night in the upcoming practices? If this organization has any intelligence, then last night had to bring some concern. We were toys! Losing the game is completely insignificant. Losing it the way we did shows me they aren't ready for any real games yet. Hopefully, they grow some chemistry and concern and fix the problems. Orlando isn't that good and we aren't that bad. But it is ridiculous to get taken to the woodshed like that.

No Orlando isn't THAT good, but they're VERY good, probably the best in the NBA.

Yes I do think that Woody is telling the players to forget about that game and he'd say the same if we won big. I don't know of any coaches that tell their teams to keep thinking about the previous game. You always hear them talking about moving onto the next game and worrying about the next team.

We played crappy last night but you know what, we all have days where we go to work and "don't show up" ya know? If this starts to become a trend then I'll worry about it but until then let's just look at it in the grand scheme of things or worst case look at it on the whole of the pre-season where we played pretty well.

Thank u, I haven't commented on any of this crap bc I felt there was no need. We had a good ps n we just ran into the magic on a bad night. They were on fire, we sucked. ONE GAME! it happens to everybody, yes EVERYBODY but it happened to us in the ps n everybodys ready to go jump off a building, calm down people.

This is your 1st year on Hawksquawk during the season so I'm just going to let you in on a little secret, after any type of loss this place is absolutely depressing and more often than not after a win it's crickets that you hear. Unless we go on a big winning streak and then we're the best team in the league, until a loss, and then the negativity starts flowing again.

This is your 1st year on Hawksquawk during the season so I'm just going to let you in on a little secret, after any type of loss this place is absolutely depressing and more often than not after a win it's crickets that you hear. Unless we go on a big winning streak and then we're the best team in the league, until a loss, and then the negativity starts flowing again.

Exactly. Its just one loss; a preseason loss to the best team in the East. We were flat as hell and they and their home crowd were pumped about playing us. Orlando is a beast and this game did not change that; nor the fact we are the 4th best team in the East.

I usually do not post a lot during the season as it is so up and down here. If anything, I post more after a win than a loss. We are going to be a playoff team. Expect that; but if you expect us to compete with Howard and Orlando for eastern supremacy, you are going to be complaining all season.

Orlando has four all stars in their starting lineup. We have one. If we had not been flat, we could have stayed with them. Playing like we did, an *ss whipping is what you get. Just a bad night for us and our team.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

I agree, but you're also tragically funny if you still believe the Hawks can finish higher than the Magic (well you're also tragically funny for a number of other reasons). They're better at every single thing.

But you were right about one thing, Vince Carter sure looked like a misfit on that team!

I say let's revisit this after the season.

I don't make snap judgements based on one preseason game.

I say let's revisit this after the season.

I don't make snap judgements based on one preseason game.

Check your thread about contending with Orlando, I was saying the same before last night's abomination. I'm not making any snap judgments. I know enough about each team to make an educated prediction.

Edited by High5

Check your thread about contending with Orlando, I was saying the same before last night's abomination. I'm not making any snap judgments. I know enough about each team to make an educated prediction.

Exactly....we are not going to all of a sudden have a post presense that can compete with the likes of Howard; nor the talent of four all-stars. All we have to do is watch the games to understand that this team (Orlando) of four all-stars is much better than our team of one.

Expecting us to beat Orlando on a regular basis is no different than expecting Justin Leonard to beat Tiger Woods on a regular basis. We need some Tigers on our team before that happens; and until it does we will get some moral victories here and there; but at the end of the season, a 4th seed second round exit is going to have to be good enough.

Edited by Buzzard

I think there is a big difference in drawing any conclusions as to how the entire regular season is going to play out based on this last preseason game and being legitimately concerned with how bad the Hawks looked with our starting lineup and most of our second string playing in front of a national audience, regardless of how good Orlando is expected to be. The Hawks are, by the way, expected to be pretty good, probably the 4th best team again in the east. Is the team just so cool and good that we reallly didn't care how we looked as long as we showed up and went through the motions? Come on! I can't speak for others but when you take into consideration how we have lost the last important games in the past two years starting with the Boston series and last years 2 rounds of playoffs, our losses have all been embarrassing blowouts. Only one or two of the wins were even close to being convincing wins. This is what we call a trend. I refuse to believe the Hawks aren't a bit preoccupied with how piss poor they played last night. No, Woody shouldn't be in their face trying to degrade them for how they played but what I mean is how can he just tell them that last night was an anomaly and just move on when it is, again, a trend. I know, it's just a preseason game and like I said the win or loss doesn't matter one iota to me. But if you watched that game, the Hawks NEVER showed any flow or passion. Even the announcers were saying they just look like they were not there to play at all. I think it is in fact being a realistic and passionate fan to show concern over this loss. I appreciate the positivity of how some can just say, oh whatever, doesn't mean anything but it sure seemed to mean something to Orlando to show up and compete. Seems to me like they have the credibility to basically blow off a last preseason game if they so chose but they still didn't. Sounds like they knew Van Gundy would be chewing their arses if they played like we did. Woody just had the usual blank stare.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Again. Let's just wait til the end of the season.

• Premium Member

Exactly....we are not going to all of a sudden have a post presense that can compete with the likes of Howard; nor the talent of four all-stars. All we have to do is watch the games to understand that this team (Orlando) of four all-stars is much better than our team of one.

Expecting us to beat Orlando on a regular basis is no different than expecting Justin Leonard to beat Tiger Woods on a regular basis. We need some Tigers on our team before that happens; and until it does we will get some moral victories here and there; but at the end of the season, a 4th seed second round exit is going to have to be good enough.

The funny thing Buzzard is that last preseason, Orlando beat us in a game. However, in the first game of the season, without Marvin (when they had everybody) we beat them so badly that it was over going into the 4th quarter. I'm not saying that preseason is meaningless... But what I am saying is let's just play the games before we bring out the gloom and doom.