• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Damn I hate these crying Blazers announcers

Admin

They must have said Atlanta traveled or did something wrong on 5 consecutive possessions at one point when there wasn't a single call made and I can't remember how many times they've thought a call against Portland was unfair. Sorry the Hawks simply outplayed the Blazers in the final 2 quarters and that's it.

• Admin

you are not the only one lol, they were annoying as heck....

I had both the Hawks commentary on one channel and the Blazers on the other with NBA league pass. I like to hear other team's opinion of the Hawks but when they are whining I have to stick with 'Heat Check' Nique and Bob.

• Premium Member

I've never seen so much whining in all my life. The steve blake play was CLEARLY out of bounds, the Oden foul on Smoove was also crystal clear and the "goaltend" call they wanted on the Rudy Fernandez shot was laughable... Whatever, we beat their butts on their home court and beat them today though we couldn't buy a basket most of the game. We are clearly the superior team and that was probably what they were most bitter about.

Gorman/Heinsohn is the WORST. Tommy is a bitter old man and is impossible to listen to. Also, try listening to the Washington guys once or twice. Oh my god are they homers.

Easy to listen to: Cleveland and Golden State's guys.

• Admin

Gorman/Heinsohn is the WORST. Tommy is a bitter old man and is impossible to listen to. Also, try listening to the Washington guys once or twice. Oh my god are they homers.

Easy to listen to: Cleveland and Golden State's guys.

I can't listen to Heinsohn and his Tommy points. He is my most hated announcer. I turn the volume down when he has to speak. He is terrible and the worst homer ever.

I was at the game and the refs were horrible. They missed a lot of calls both ways.

If i had a dollar for every time i've heard that this year, I'd never work again. It's always incessant whining and bitching from fans that don't understand that no matter what somebody is pissed every time. And a lot of us actually have the gall to think the refs are after our team, no one is out to get us or the other team. It's just shabby, shoddy judgement calls that half of the time you can hardly see when in slow mo much less out there in the middle of it in live action. If we all had to ref the NBA and had a month to prepare with training, i guarantee you 99% of us would see things in a much different light. Now with that being said, they piss me off every game. :angry22:

Edited by HawkFoLife
  • Like 1

If i had a dollar for every time i've heard that this year, I'd never work again. It's always incessant whining and bitching from fans that don't understand that no matter what somebody is pissed every time. And a lot of us actually have the gall to think the refs are after our team, no one is out to get us or the other team. It's just shabby, shoddy judgement calls that half of the time you can hardly see when in slow mo much less out there in the middle of it in live action. If we all had to ref the NBA and had a month to prepare with training, i guarantee you 99% of us would see things in a much different light. Now with that being said, they piss me off every game. :angry22:

There is pretty much a push off, hand check, hip check, hold/grab, or armbar on every offensive play in the NBA. it is just like holding in the NFL only IMO more blatant. I think the refs only call things close if they think something is getting out of hand or a specific player/team has drew their ire.

Home teams, especially the underdogs, will get the most favorable calls. Call it a conspiracy, or just call it the refs being human and therefore influenced by the crowd, this is also a fact of NBA life; as was the 2 and 1/2 steps being allowed for over a decade before the league finally said "hey 1 and 1/2 steps is not the real rule".

I do wish they called a cleaner more impartial game, similar to the NFL. But the NBA has never come close to showing that kind of impartial judgement.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

There is pretty much a push off, hand check, hip check, hold/grab, or armbar on every offensive play in the NBA. it is just like holding in the NFL only IMO more blatant. I think the refs only call things close if they think something is getting out of hand or a specific player/team has drew their ire.

Home teams, especially the underdogs, will get the most favorable calls. Call it a conspiracy, or just call it the refs being human and therefore influenced by the crowd, this is also a fact of NBA life; as was the 2 and 1/2 steps being allowed for over a decade before the league finally said "hey 1 and 1/2 steps is not the real rule".

I do wish they called a cleaner more impartial game, similar to the NFL. But the NBA has never come close to showing that kind of impartial judgement.

I agree. While Josh got away with two travels and a carry and JJ got away with an over-and-back late in the game, none of that is unusual. I wish they called traveling and carrying every time that it happened just so it would be consistent (and players would adjust quickly if they did), but right now, there's traveling and/or carrying on many-if-not-most possessions, and the refs make a judgment call on when to blow the whistle. We whine when it goes against us, Blazers fans whine when it goes against them.

And PS - the Blazers announcers are no worse than Holman and are way better than the Celts, Heat, and Cavs TV crews. Just sayin.

Edited by niremetal

I agree. While Josh got away with two travels and a carry and JJ got away with an over-and-back late in the game, none of that is unusual. I wish they called traveling and carrying every time that it happened just so it would be consistent (and players would adjust quickly if they did), but right now, there's traveling and/or carrying on many-if-not-most possessions, and the refs make a judgment call on when to blow the whistle. We whine when it goes against us, Blazers fans whine when it goes against them.

And PS - the Blazers announcers are no worse than Holman and are way better than the Celts, Heat, and Cavs TV crews. Just sayin.

Agreed about the rules not being called consistently.

Their announcers weren't better last night when the Hawks started getting back into the game and it was oh wow Atlanta just got away with this and that and oh well if the Blazers lose it's because of their tired legs and blah blah blah blah. But I do agree they are FAR better than the Celtics crew who are easily the worst in the league.

DirecTV made two awesome improvements to the NBA Package this year:

1. Assuming both feeds are available, you can select either the home or away TV feed. Both aren't always in HD, though. There's been three times this year I had to skip Bob's hair and go with the opposing feed to have HD. Still the option is great.

2. In the past, the feed would start right at the start time and end almost as soon as the final buzzer went off. This year, they cut to the feeds early and they keep them open until all the post-game stuff is wrapped up. I actually got to watch Woody's presser last night.

Do not tell my employer (Comcast) I cam in there and said this. :hush:

DirecTV made two awesome improvements to the NBA Package this year:

1. Assuming both feeds are available, you can select either the home or away TV feed. Both aren't always in HD, though. There's been three times this year I had to skip Bob's hair and go with the opposing feed to have HD. Still the option is great.

2. In the past, the feed would start right at the start time and end almost as soon as the final buzzer went off. This year, they cut to the feeds early and they keep them open until all the post-game stuff is wrapped up. I actually got to watch Woody's presser last night.

Do not tell my employer (Comcast) I cam in there and said this. :hush:

Wow that is really cool! I wish they had that option for the broadband online version like MLB does for their online version. Right now I'd settle for it not lagging quite a bit after it's been playing for a while.

• Premium Member

Wow that is really cool! I wish they had that option for the broadband online version like MLB does for their online version. Right now I'd settle for it not lagging quite a bit after it's been playing for a while.

I just close and re-open it during timeouts. Seems to keep it from falling more than a few seconds behind.

The Blake call wasnt even close and Oden was choking Smoove. They didnt say anything when Roy shoved Smoove out of the way to get that key rebound at the end of the 4th. They didnt say anything when Oden was crashing into people all night. Everytime Joe had the ball they said he traveled, man it was like they let two drunk homer fans announce the game. Reminds me of Tommy H. on fox sports NE.

Yeah, I have to say that the Boston crew is by far the worst. Those guys make the Blazer announcers look like Jim Nantz at a golf tournament after Tiger missed the cut. KG could choke slam and leg drop someone in the paint and Heinsohn would think it was justified and shouldn't warrant a whistle. But if a player breathes hard on a Celtic, he would swear that it should be a Flagrant 2 and an automatic ejection...