• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Watching this game makes me wonder

thefloydian

What was the reasoning for signing Collins over Siler? I wasn't one of the ones who thought Siler was going to be great or anything, but I imagine Collins cost more and he appears to be incapable of pretty much anything.

So Siler could actually continue to play and learn on lower levels. What good is it to have him sit on our bench? That does nothing.

So Siler could actually continue to play and learn on lower levels. What good is it to have him sit on our bench? That does nothing.

I guess, but they could have always put him on the same D-League team he's playing on now, and no one else would have been able to sign him. I'm not convinced playing against a bunch of scrubs in the D-League is going to do much more than practicing with the Hawks on a regular basis, though.

Cut Collins and get Mario back...at least Mario can be trusted in case we get into early foul trouble and he will bring all he has every game. Collins looks totally out of place in the NBA right now. Heavy, slow, and not talented. Morris can be our "doomsday" big. At least Randmo seems to be in shape.

• Premium Member

Is Collins really that bad?

Is he worse than Randolph Morris and Solo?

Randolph Morris is Kareem Abdul Jabar compared to Collins. And that's not even hyperbole. Morris actually looked really good tonight. Looked good too that other game he played in... He has definitely improved from last year.

• Admin

This summer I thought Collins was a good signing but that opinion has completely changed. I reserved an opinion until I saw him play for extended minutes. I got a good look tonight and he is absolutely terrible. He has nothing left.

The only thing I can see him contributing is to knock someone down. He really brings nothing to the table at all. I think Woody should start suiting up Othello Hunter and leaving Collins in a suit.

• Premium Member

This summer I thought Collins was a good signing but that opinion has completely changed. I reserved an opinion until I saw him play for extended minutes. I got a good look tonight and he is absolutely terrible. He has nothing left.

The only thing I can see him contributing is to knock someone down. He really brings nothing to the table at all. I think Woody should start suiting up Othello Hunter and leaving Collins in a suit.

Othella Hunter is miles and away better than Collins. In his last 200 games Collins FG% is like in the mid 30s. He is hands down the worst professional B'ball player I have ever watched play.

Edited by Atlantaholic

Othella Hunter is miles and away better than Collins. In his last 200 games Collins FG% is like in the mid 30s. He is hands down the worst professional B'ball player I have ever watched play.

Isn't Collins the guy I saw voted "worst NBA player" in a previously poster article? C'mon ASG - We got backup bigs - Zaza, Joe Smith, Mo (sorta big), Othella and Morris can at least show up and be ready to play. I don't want a guy to lose a paycheck - but hey - the contracts are guarranteed - cut him loose.

I was at the game tonite and Collins looked horrible. I've never seen a slower moving, lethargic big man. He makes Shack look like the Energizer bunny.

Morris on the other hand, shows some promise. But whoever scouted and recommended signing Collins should be fired. I can't imagine there weren't better options out there.

I didn't watch the game tonight so I'll add that to my comment.

Then keep your uniformed comments to yourself. This wasn't a knock on the team at all, and I haven't been whining about much of anything all season. I'm pretty happy how stuff has gone. If you had seen Collins tonight, you'd have been amazed he was in the NBA too.

• Premium Member

is this the inevitable "thread of dissention" no matter how good the team looks?

I didn't watch the game tonight so I'll add that to my comment.

Yeah, dude, trust us gsuteke. He is literally the only player I can think off that I wouldn't even put in during a 50 point blow out. If he hadn't played we score 150 points easy lol. The dude is beyond a complete joke. He is literally seriously obese also.

Fact is . . he's always been horrible. Some of you guys just hadn't watched enough games of his to see that. But people wanted to drink from the Sund kool-aid, and believe every move he makes is a good move. He's an insurance policy in case our frontline suffers some injuries. Other than that, he should only play in deep garbage time.

Dude has always been straight garbage.

• Premium Member

Fact is . . he's always been horrible. Some of you guys just hadn't watched enough games of his to see that. But people wanted to drink from the Sund kool-aid, and believe every move he makes is a good move. He's an insurance policy in case our frontline suffers some injuries. Other than that, he should only play in deep garbage time.

Dude has always been straight garbage.

He is the worst insurance policy I've ever seen... Good god, the dude even managed to have a +- of -2 on a night where we score 146 points and win by more than 30 lol!

Then keep your uniformed comments to yourself. This wasn't a knock on the team at all, and I haven't been whining about much of anything all season. I'm pretty happy how stuff has gone. If you had seen Collins tonight, you'd have been amazed he was in the NBA too.

Collins hasn't played at all this season. So he gets in a game in which the Hawks blow the doors off the opponent and score almost 150. I don't have to watch the game to see what happened here.

Yet we've devoted a thread to him here.

You can keep the "uninformed comments to yourself" comments to yourself.

Sometimes you miss the forest because the trees are in the way.

Edited by gsuteke

Yeah, dude, trust us gsuteke. He is literally the only player I can think off that I wouldn't even put in during a 50 point blow out. If he hadn't played we score 150 points easy lol. The dude is beyond a complete joke. He is literally seriously obese also.

Thanks for the info. Back to what I said to Floyd that's probably why we haven't seen him play this year.

Sekou Smith was consistent in his opinon that Siler wasn't ready this year and we did guarantee a contract to Collins.

Like Thomas Dimitroff, Sund may be showing some chinks in the armor in his 2nd year.

I'm still very very very pleased with where the Hawks are right now personnel wise.

Collins hasn't played at all this season. So he gets in a game in which the Hawks blow the doors off the opponent and score almost 150. I don't have to watch the game to see what happened here.

Yet we've devoted a thread to him here.

You can keep the "uninformed comments to yourself" comments to yourself.

Sometimes you miss the forest because the trees are in the way.

If one or more of our frontline players goes out with injury or gets in foul trouble, we may need Collins for 5 to 10 minutes in a real game; just as we had to use Solomon, Morris, and Othello last season when injuries hit Marvin and Horf.

I see his point about Collins. Its the NBA and there is no rule about only one player can be injured at a time...