• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All-Star Possibilities

ahlthe3rd

FIRST POST!!

I've been looking at the players in the East and it looks like we have a chance to be well-represented at the all-star game.

For the sake of argument let's say the East starters are:

PG - Rondo

SG - Wade

SF - LBJ

PF - KG

C - D. Howard

- Joe is our leading scorer so he obviously gets in

- Smoove is having his best season on both ends and I can't name any Eastern Conf. PF's playing better than him right now

- Crawford may be a stretch but with an injury or two he could sneak in (especially if we maintain one of the best records in the East)

- Who is Horford's competition to back up Howard? Perkins and Noah? I think he gets the nod.

Thoughts??

• Moderators

Horford's top competition will be Bogut, IMO. I agree that both JJ and Smoove should be All-Stars. Crawford seems like a stretch to me, though. Whether Horford and/or Crawford have a shot will depend as much on our record as their play, IMO.

• Premium Member

I think JJ and Smoove will be AS. Horford is a possibility but Lopez is probably his main competition as a backup center.

Ditto to what you said, Lopez was the first person that came to my mind as competition for Horford. In fairness, the team having a bad season could hurt Lopez's chances....

Horford's top competition will be Bogut, IMO. I agree that both JJ and Smoove should be All-Stars. Crawford seems like a stretch to me, though. Whether Horford and/or Crawford have a shot will depend as much on our record as their play, IMO.

Crawford actually has a good shot just looked at that the numbers this morning

Dwade

JJ

Gordon

Iggy

are the 4 scoring guards that average more points than Crawford and all of them have been starting except Gordon who just started coming back off the bench last night

Crawford is shooting a better percentage from the field than all of them

he is 19th in the conference in scoring overall

if you look at point guards

Rondo

Derrick rose

Mo williams

with Jennings and Arenas scoring 20 ppg but shooting 40% and both of their clubs are under .500

So it becomes a matter of us finishing at least second with Crawford maintaining his current pace .

then its up to the coaches

after the fan vote in the starters each coach is asked to pick 7 players from their particular conference . One for each spot and then two wildcard and these picks dont have to matchup with the ballot as far as positions go so they could put Horf in at forward if they wanted to as well.

Joe should be a lock for the coaches first sg spot and if Crawford continues his current pace and we are the second seed then Crawford should get one of the wildcard spots. For Horf to be considered he has to get his boards back to double digits .

Traditionally the top team in each conference can get 3 players if they have 3 that are playing well enough.

• Moderators

I still think Crawford is very unlikely. Jennings is leading his team to a winning record despite them being expected to be at the bottom of the league. If he keeps his play up and has a few more exciting games, I expect he will make the roster.

JJ will get heavy consideration, as long as we're near the leaders and as long as he's putting up decent numbers. The BIG 3 coaches in the East, still gameplan the Hawks to stop JJ. So he'll get the nod on this team before anyone else. Depending on how well we play in January, JJ may even have a shot to be voted as a starter. But I highly doubt that. He won't get nearly enough votes from the ATL market, and the Boston market will probably flood the ballot with Rondo.

Smoove is still shooting a very high FG percentage. That's the biggest key for him making the All-Star game. He probably needs to keep his PPG above 16, his blocks above 2.5, and his steals closer to 2 per game.

Horford has little to no shot, in my opinion. He'd definitely have to raise his numbers closer to 15 pts - 11 rebs - 55% FG, to get consideration. Even then, there are a few guys to consider before placing him on the team. Remember, the coach picking the All-Star team isn't obligated to take a guy who plays center. He can easily pick another forward, especially if KG is in the starting lineup.

Crawford has no shot, unless that dude really starts to turn it on, and is a big factor against the teams/coaches who could possibly name him as a reserve. There are just too many other good guards in this conference to choose from. LOL . . let me take that back. The only shot Crawford has, is if Woody is picking the reserves. Then he'll have a shot.

My picks for the team so far:

Starters:

G - Wade

G - Rondo

F - Lebron

F - KG

C - Howard

Reserves:

G - JJ

G - Brandon Jennings

G - Arenas

F - Bosh

F - Pierce

F - Danny Granger

F - Josh Smith

On a NBA.com Poll they asked who was the most likey choice for All star. They had Al, Brook Lopez, Bogut, and someone else ( can't remember) and Al had over 50% of the vote...I think AL gets in. JJ is a lock even though he is playing like crap the past week, and really so is smoove...Idk about Craw..

And God knows I HATE ARENAS. But with that team being back at full strength, and Washington starting to play at least .500 basketball, a coach who is naming an All-Star team, will probably look at him. That last spot will be either him, or Derrick Rose.

Arenas is a consideration and I would not discount Jamison either. He has been a beast since coming back; and clearly a big reason behind the Wizards recent turn around...

I think the starting lineup for the East will be:

PG-Rose(he will get the votes)

SG-Wade

SF-LeBron

PF-Bosh(despite his bad game against Hawks..he's playing much better than KG or any PF in the east)

C-Howard

the bech should be:

PG-Rondo

SG-Joe Johnson

SF-Pierce

PF-KG

C-Brook Lopez

others:

Granger

Josh Smith/Shaq(he still might get in because he's Shaq)

no room for Crawford or Horford but i can see Horford getting in before Crawford especially if a big man gets hurt but there are just too many good guards in the East: Vince Carter, Ray Allen, Harris, Arenas, Jennings, and even Mo Williams who was an all star last yr

I definately think there is room for Horford. Remember last year there was only 1 center in the All-star game. I know the All-star game isnt for real but the East were destroyed because they couldnt match up to all the centers on the West squad after Dwight sat for the night. I think the coaches will try to make an effort to send at least one more center this for the East to atleast field 2 full squads position wise.

I just looked at the stats and there isnt another center on a winning team in the East that compares to Horf and Howard across the board. Lopez has very good stats, but the Nets are atrocious.

I definately think there is room for Horford. Remember last year there was only 1 center in the All-star game. I know the All-star game isnt for real but the East were destroyed because they couldnt match up to all the centers on the West squad after Dwight sat for the night. I think the coaches will try to make an effort to send at least one more center this for the East to atleast field 2 full squads position wise.

I just looked at the stats and there isnt another center on a winning team in the East that compares to Horf and Howard across the board. Lopez has very good stats, but the Nets are atrocious.

Can you really put a guy on an All-Star team, best 12 or 15 in their respected league when his own team is 0-18? I know the All-Star game is a long time away, and the Nets could make a turn around...but this isn't baseball. No player on the Nets should represent the East. Not at this time, at least.

I think the starting lineup for the East will be:

PG-Rose(he will get the votes)

SG-Wade

SF-LeBron

PF-Bosh(despite his bad game against Hawks..he's playing much better than KG or any PF in the east)

C-Howard

the bech should be:

PG-Rondo

SG-Joe Johnson

SF-Pierce

PF-KG

C-Brook Lopez

others:

Granger

Josh Smith/Shaq(he still might get in because he's Shaq)

no room for Crawford or Horford but i can see Horford getting in before Crawford especially if a big man gets hurt but there are just too many good guards in the East: Vince Carter, Ray Allen, Harris, Arenas, Jennings, and even Mo Williams who was an all star last yr

Trujerz I would agree with you but once you actually put the numbers up side by side Crawford is playing just as well as anyone of those guards if not better and hes coming off the bench . The key being the teams record.

VC- 19 ppg 2 apg and 5 rpg 40% fg #1 team in the east

Ray- 16 ppg 3 apg and 2 rpg 47% fg #2 team in the East 35 mpg

Harris- longest losing streak in league history unless they pull to within .500 by the all star game no way he gets one vote from a coach

Arenas 20 ppg 6 apg 3 rpg 4 tpg 39% fg #9 team in the east 36 mpg

Jennings 21 ppg 6 apg 3 rpg 42% fg #6 team in the east 35 mpg lost 5 of last 6

Mo williams 17 ppg 5 apg 3 rpg 45% fg Tied for #3 team in the east 36 mpg

Jamal Crawford 17 ppg 3 apg 2 rpg 46%fg tied for #3 team in the east 30 mpg

Ben Gordon 19 ppg 3 apg 2 rpg 44% fg tied for 12th in east 36mpg lost 8 of last 9

Crawford and Gordon are the only two coming who will be coming off the bench

Rondo

Wade

PIERCE

Lebron

Dwight

Bosh or Pierce could trade spots depending on fan voting

Smoove

JJ

Rose

KG

I put one of the last two spots as being up for grabs between one of the top 4 teams in the conference Bos,Atl,Cle,Orl based on how well both they and there teams play I think they all have a legit shot at getting the next 30 days will tell the tale imo

Mo williams

Crawford

VC

Horf

The last spot will be rewarded to someone from a losing team playing well or some 40%

Arenas

Gordon

Granger

Jennings

Iggy

or some nutz may try and push AI

gonna be a interesting 6 weeks but i feel very good about our chances to land 3 guys especially if we have the #2 record in the east or better

Can you really put a guy on an All-Star team, best 12 or 15 in their respected league when his own team is 0-18? I know the All-Star game is a long time away, and the Nets could make a turn around...but this isn't baseball. No player on the Nets should represent the East. Not at this time, at least.

I dont reward guys thats on winning teams..all star is an individual accomplishment..has nothing to do with you're record. If his team is playing bad because they are rebuilding and guys are hurt, i dont think he should suffer because of it. Unlike MVP, where you would have to look at the person's record to see how much he helped the team win, all star just means just that..you're a star in this league. With that said, Horford is probably just as good as Lopez so if he made it over him i wouldnt be at all surprised

Trujerz I would agree with you but once you actually put the numbers up side by side Crawford is playing just as well as anyone of those guards if not better and hes coming off the bench . The key being the teams record.

VC- 19 ppg 2 apg and 5 rpg 40% fg #1 team in the east

Ray- 16 ppg 3 apg and 2 rpg 47% fg #2 team in the East 35 mpg

Harris- longest losing streak in league history unless they pull to within .500 by the all star game no way he gets one vote from a coach

Arenas 20 ppg 6 apg 3 rpg 4 tpg 39% fg #9 team in the east 36 mpg

Jennings 21 ppg 6 apg 3 rpg 42% fg #6 team in the east 35 mpg lost 5 of last 6

Mo williams 17 ppg 5 apg 3 rpg 45% fg Tied for #3 team in the east 36 mpg

Jamal Crawford 17 ppg 3 apg 2 rpg 46%fg tied for #3 team in the east 30 mpg

Ben Gordon 19 ppg 3 apg 2 rpg 44% fg tied for 12th in east 36mpg lost 8 of last 9

Crawford and Gordon are the only two coming who will be coming off the bench

Rondo

Wade

PIERCE

Lebron

Dwight

Bosh or Pierce could trade spots depending on fan voting

Smoove

JJ

Rose

KG

I put one of the last two spots as being up for grabs between one of the top 4 teams in the conference Bos,Atl,Cle,Orl based on how well both they and there teams play I think they all have a legit shot at getting the next 30 days will tell the tale imo

Mo williams

Crawford

VC

Horf

The last spot will be rewarded to someone from a losing team playing well or some 40%

Arenas

Gordon

Granger

Jennings

Iggy

or some nutz may try and push AI

gonna be a interesting 6 weeks but i feel very good about our chances to land 3 guys especially if we have the #2 record in the east or better

you're right..numbers dont lie in this league but the way the all star works is you have to get voted in and as much as Crawford tears apart other team's defenses, i just dont see him getting in over some of those big name players. I hope he does tho because at times he is our BEST player on some nights

What about Bibby?

I haven't looked at his stats but Bibby plays on a top EC team and althought the reward is invidual it really is based on reputation first and how well you team is doing 2nd.

Devin Harris' team just set the league record for most Losses to start a season.

Bibby may have a chance if the Hawks keep this up.