• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin Williams

d2v16DKG

:help wanted3: Of course we never should have lost this game tonight, but two things in particular really annoyed me. 1) Josh Smith reverted back to playing like last year's Josh Smith and not the new smarter ballplayer he has been this year. 2) Marvin Williams continues to be the invisible man on offense and just reminds me how we blew a draft pick to get him. (I actually hoped we would have traded him in the off season.) Oh well, it's just one game and, hopefully, we will continue playing great basketball.

I would say something but Marv has been horrible all year. And too be honest he has been a bad draft pick. Talk about how many players came out of the draft that were selected after Marvin.

Yea like

Chris Paul

Derron Williams

Danny Granger

Andrew Bynum

Channing Frye

Raymond Felton

I would say something but Marv has been horrible all year. And too be honest he has been a bad draft pick. Talk about how many players came out of the draft that were selected after Marvin.

To be honest it was a "perfect storm" with Marvin. The ESPN analysts and all the talking heads were hyping the kid as "Worthy with a jumper"...even though he never started for his college team. We needed a PG BAD - but to be honest - when I saw the video of CP3 nutt punching the other kid in the ACC - I thought he was just a talented punk. I was never that enamoured with Deron because he looked a little fluffy and Dee looked to be the guy taking up a lot of the slack for Illinois that year.

What I wanted was a trade down - maybe even a double trade down. We needed players at that time and I thought we could get 2 for 1 easy ...maybe even 3 for 1.

P.S. - BK was in charge

Edited by DJlaysitup

Marvin Williams doesn't suck. He's still hanging out on the 3 point line when his 3 ball isn't falling.

Watch him go to a team like Memphis in a salary dump and light up the joint.

Marvin is terrible. He hasn't carried his weight all year. He does something in like 1 out of every 4 or 5 games. Marvin is a bust. That's not hyperbole. The guy doesn't carry his weight. He couldn't light up it up for any team on a nightly basis.They should also release that dead weight Joe Smith. Waste of a roster spot.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Marvin is terrible. He hasn't carried his weight all year. He does something in like 1 out of every 4 or 5 games. Marvin is a bust. That's not hyperbole. The guy doesn't carry his weight. He couldn't light up it up for any team on a nightly basis.

http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index.php/topic/342104-hawks-vs-bulls/page__view__findpost__p__422741

Marvin is terrible. He hasn't carried his weight all year. He does something in like 1 out of every 4 or 5 games. Marvin is a bust. That's not hyperbole. The guy doesn't carry his weight. He couldn't light up it up for any team on a nightly basis.They should also release that dead weight Joe Smith. Waste of a roster spot.

Yep Hot - if there was ever a night that Marvin needed to step up - tonight was the night. The guy is a bust. He is a decent fair weather warrior...but you can't expect him to come through in the clutch. At this point I would start Mo and cut my losses in a trade for a backup 3 (if anybody was interested...which I doubt).

It seems like nobody likes Marvin anymore.

Marvin and Bibby are the 5th options this year. JJ, Crawford, Smoove, and Horf have more FG attempts than both of them. It is what it is, Woody says he wants to get Marvin more involved but even when Smoove misses 1/3 of the game in foul trouble, he cannot figure out how.

We were out rebounded and out shot 48% to 41% tonight. We have yet to win a game this season when both of those things occur in the same game.

• Premium Member

Marvin Williams doesn't suck. He's still hanging out on the 3 point line when his 3 ball isn't falling.

This is another fail. Marv in will go to a team like Memphis, be in awe of Rudy Gay and OJ Mayo and be bench fodder. Marvin doesn't have it in him to be a good player. He's an average to below average player. Now that he has his longterm contract, we will see his lack of care. Marvin is not constantly improving (as some thought). Marvin is the epitome of a contract player.

I have learned to expect nothing from Marvin. Every NBA team has expensive waste, we're no different. Never thought I'd be anxious for Joe Smith to come back, but we need someone who can possibly fill some of the empty minutes with positive play.

Edited by benhillboy

Been patient with MW but it's time to trade him when his stock is back up. He gets owned to many times around the basket for someone with extreme length along with decent athletic ability and his shot has abandoned him. If you can't score inside or out, then you have to get to the free throw line? Well he's only averaging 2.6 a game.

Yep, like I said, Marvin has to be involved in the offense or he disappears. He doesn't create offense without the ball. This has been the case since he's came into the league.

• Premium Member

Your right if he is traded to another team he will go 20/7/2. He needs to be in the low post and would shoot 7 free throws a game. We have several options now and he looks like option #4. He must be more aggressive and I'm sure Woody has tried to get him to.

• Premium Member

To be honest it was a "perfect storm" with Marvin. The ESPN analysts and all the talking heads were hyping the kid as "Worthy with a jumper"...even though he never started for his college team. We needed a PG BAD - but to be honest - when I saw the video of CP3 nutt punching the other kid in the ACC - I thought he was just a talented punk. I was never that enamoured with Deron because he looked a little fluffy and Dee looked to be the guy taking up a lot of the slack for Illinois that year.

What I wanted was a trade down - maybe even a double trade down. We needed players at that time and I thought we could get 2 for 1 easy ...maybe even 3 for 1.

P.S. - BK was in charge

lol you can't have watched a single Fighting Illini game that season. Deron Williams was an ice cold killer for them esp. in the tournament. I was begging...BEGGING the front office to draft him.

As for Marvin, I can't think of a nice way to say I hate a player (not the person, the player) so I will just say it. I hate Marvin Williams. He not only cost us a draft pick for a much better player he has pulled a complete Henderson on us. All he wanted was to play enough to get a contract and now that he has it he's not even putting in the token effort he showed on his rookie deal.

People here don't like it when Diesel points out how Marvin doesn't care about basketball but he's right. All you hear about with Marvin is how he takes the summer off to play Xbox or something. He shows no intensity, ever, at any point in college or the pros. I have never seen a lazier player with his skillset in my entire life. He should be flat out beasting but he never has and I doubt he ever will.

lol you can't have watched a single Fighting Illini game that season. Deron Williams was an ice cold killer for them esp. in the tournament. I was begging...BEGGING the front office to draft him.

As for Marvin, I can't think of a nice way to say I hate a player (not the person, the player) so I will just say it. I hate Marvin Williams. He not only cost us a draft pick for a much better player he has pulled a complete Henderson on us. All he wanted was to play enough to get a contract and now that he has it he's not even putting in the token effort he showed on his rookie deal.

People here don't like it when Diesel points out how Marvin doesn't care about basketball but he's right. All you hear about with Marvin is how he takes the summer off to play Xbox or something. He shows no intensity, ever, at any point in college or the pros. I have never seen a lazier player with his skillset in my entire life. He should be flat out beasting but he never has and I doubt he ever will.

I disagree.

The emphasis on defense is why the Hawks stand tall in the standings. I have wanted more from Marvin as many others but the guy is improving. He does give very good defense on most nights and on some occasions an offensive lift. Marvin does need to "kick it up" (his game) and I believe he will.

I guys hate has to be the agenda for someone, this week it's Marvin.