• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Childress

mattlanta

Would you guys be in favor of bringing the 'fro back to Atlanta next year? A lot of people aren't liking how Marvin plays, so I was thinking maybe if we offer up the starting spot to Josh Childress (hopefully Crawford won't get offended by this) and trade Marvin for a big we could make things work out again.

Something tells me that Childress doesn't want to be back in Atlanta though. Because if he did, he would have been back by now, but maybe he saw no spot for him left on this team after he saw Marvin re-signed and Crawford traded for?

Starters:

PG Mike Bibby

SG Joe Johnson

SF Josh Childress

PF Josh Smith

C Zaza Pachulia

Bench:

PG Jeff Teague

SG Jamal Crawford

SF [Draft]

PF [big from Marvin trade]

C Zaza Pachulia

20aqmxg.gif

Edited by Libid21

Marvin is improving even as it may be incrementally. He continues to give glimpses of being a starter quality SF in this league. He is pretty good when he is moving towards the rim. Defensively he is good now.

If Chillz can embrace 25-30 minutes a game , yes sign him. We would have two top five 6th man guys on the roster. Marvin is under contract and until he becomes expiring, he will not be traded (gotta get value in a trade).

• Premium Member

I don't think it would sit right with Childress if we got rid of one of his best friend on the team just so we could make room for him to come back.

This is not a club. This is business. Chillz possess some things that would be good for us. Rebounding and efficiency. Trading Marvin even for a prospect big could be good for this team.

An interesting trade would be Marvin/Evans for Yi/Battie...at the deadline.

Knowing that Battie will be a FA in the summer.

Yi is cheap and could be interesting.

NJ will probably have a fire sale by March.

• Premium Member

I wonder what Chill is thinking with how great this team has been playing. I would say its poetic justice.

I don't think that at all. Chillz had nothing to do with us getting Crawford.

The turning point for this team is Smoove finally seeing the light and us getting Crawford. Neither of these are related to Chillz. If Chillz were here we'd still be good. Maybe even better.

The turning point for this team is Smoove finally seeing the light and us getting Crawford. Neither of these are related to Chillz. If Chillz were here we'd still be good. Maybe even better.

We would be better without a doubt. Chillz walked bacuase Sund put him on the burner after Chillz was ready to sign. While on Sund's burner, 20 mil./per knocked on the door.

Josh Chilldress did the right thing.

Now having maxed his porfolio, he probably will be interested in 6-7 annually and with the Hawks deeply contending.

• Premium Member

If he was here it would be interesting to see what kind of lineups we would throw at people. I was never a fan of his game but now that we have the extra ballhandler and distributor to come off the bench in Crawford it would open him up for so many looks.

i wish we could just trade his rights and get a big.

this team was never planning on having a seven footer and they still not going that way. the reason chill never started was he was drafted to be our shooting guard with joe being the point. when joe refuse to play point he was left out. our bigs were to always be interchangeable like they are with marvin,smooth, and horford just like they are. he was never given the chance to start because he could not bang with the pf& centers players like marvin can. if marvin is replaced the guy will not be a small player like chill or even crawford but a big that can play all the bigs on the switches. Joe can do it but he needs to stay at the 2 for al the smalls that he can push around just like billups do with most pg.

• Premium Member

If he was here it would be interesting to see what kind of lineups we would throw at people. I was never a fan of his game but now that we have the extra ballhandler and distributor to come off the bench in Crawford it would open him up for so many looks.

Chillz knew two things. How to work for points, how to shoot for high percentage. Marvin may be gifted with all kinds of physical gifts, but Marvin doesn't know d--- about working. He is absolutely one of the most lazy players playing. He has always been. Chillz would do good on this team because he knows how to go in and get open or rebound. He is not a bad ball handler either. I think when he does come back from Greece, he will have a better skillset. Being a top option will make him better at scoring.