• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks v. Nets Biggest Game so far in 2010

frankthetank966

There is no doubt in my mind that tonight's game versus the Nets is the biggest game so far in the new decade.

The Hawks have dropped 4 straight including a loss to the Knicks and are in need of a win to get rid of this slump dropping 6 of the last 8. We need a team effort. It cannot just be Joe Johnson or Jamal Crawford who scores 20+ points we need everyone to contribute.

• Moderators

It is an important game. We've dropped a bunch of games, the last one badly. The players are having players only meetings to right the ship. You come out against the worst team in the league and lay an egg the players will start doubting themselves as a team which is what great teams cannot do.

• Premium Member

Ehhh...I don't think it's that important. We are supposed to win this game. Even if we lose it somehow, it will still feel like we should have won it. Honestly, a loss here doesn't say much about this team to me. We have passed some pretty big tests this season. In fact, I'd go so far as to say we passed the test against Cleveland too. In the first game, we played pretty good until both teams fell apart in the 4th. We could have won that game with just a couple of baskets. It was anybody's game, and that's good for us...given that this is a team that just MANHANDLED the current champs on 3 days rest, at full strength, in their house, on the tail end of a tough road trip. We were supposed to put that 2nd game away too, but whatever...we showed strong.

We're not finished, but we have come such a long way. A game against New Jersey just doesn't ring as a test to me - regardless of whether they win or lose. We do have a nasty few weeks ahead of us though which I figure will be the true indication of where this team stands. If they want to be considered elite, they better pull their heads out of their butts quickly.

Ehhh...I don't think it's that important. We are supposed to win this game. Even if we lose it somehow, it will still feel like we should have won it. Honestly, a loss here doesn't say much about this team to me. We have passed some pretty big tests this season. In fact, I'd go so far as to say we passed the test against Cleveland too. In the first game, we played pretty good until both teams fell apart in the 4th. We could have won that game with just a couple of baskets. It was anybody's game, and that's good for us...given that this is a team that just MANHANDLED the current champs on 3 days rest, at full strength, in their house, on the tail end of a tough road trip. We were supposed to put that 2nd game away too, but whatever...we showed strong.

We're not finished, but we have come such a long way. A game against New Jersey just doesn't ring as a test to me - regardless of whether they win or lose. We do have a nasty few weeks ahead of us though which I figure will be the true indication of where this team stands. If they want to be considered elite, they better pull their heads out of their butts quickly.

Exactly why we need to win this game. We are supposed to win it! Lets see how we actually do after the meeting in a game we are supposed to win.

It's just one game. We could lose to the Nets, but then win the next 5. No different than if we beat the Nets and then lost 1 of the next 5.

I disagree. Tonights game will set the tone for the next few games which include Boston at home, @Orlando and @Boston. We have to come out and play well tonight to generate momentum going into this weekend.

The 3 is falling easy tonight.............almost too easy. Its dangerous to be depending on the 3 so much. This could bea really close ball game if that 3 ball was not falling.

The defense fell asleep in the 2nd quarter but thats what happens in a 1st quarter blow out.

Hawks need to stay on their heals in the 3rd quarter incase Devin Harris decides to reap some havoc on them. I've seen the guy have too many big games against us to feel too comfortable right now.

Hopefully the mojo can continue. Right now its all energy getting us by.

I'd hope that Teague plays most, if not all, of the 4th quarter now and that Joe doesnt come off the bench. Please, if you bring in Teague, let him bring the ball up the court in a traditional PG role instead of Crawford doing so...you know, like Woodson loves to do.

Looked like Harris was getting pissed at Teague being up in his grill. That kind of defense could have been useful against Mo Williams and Nate Robinson. I guess that would make too much sense.

Yes Ex, you know it surely would.

Glad to see Teague get some burn today. Now if only Woodson would play him more than 5 minutes in a non-blowout...

Yes Ex, you know it surely would.

Glad to see Teague get some burn today. Now if only Woodson would play him more than 5 minutes in a non-blowout...

And finally he pulls Crawford. Guess Woody thinks Craw still needs to develop his game also after only 9 years in the league...LMAO

Edited by Buzzard

Ya kinda hafta to play on of the top 3 guards late in the game because the bottom two are bigs (RandMo, Collins). Can't exactly play those two lumberjacks together.

I was thinking the samething but with a 30 pt lead you can play anyone you want in the last ten minutes. I just wanted Teague to have a chance to dominate the ball.

Good win and yes, the Nets are a bad team, but they took care of business and got some confidence back.

I would like to see Teague more assertive running the point when he's out there. Too many times he hands off to Crawford or JJ and goes to hide in the corner.

He is the PG of the future and needs to act that way. Why doesn't Woodson realize this? Teague is great when he runs the point and everyone else is in motion.

He is great at penetrating and kicking or going all the way to the hoop. His minutes are limited, so when he's in he should be getting the most experience possible

and handing the ball off to JJ or Crawford doesn't help.