• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wow

capstone21

• Admin

I don't know who to blame more...Woody, Josh or Crawford

Woody did not make adjustments and left Joe on the bench while GS came back

Crawford with that ill timed Technical....just plain stupid

Josh...taking the 3 pointer was icing on the cake but the forth quarter he tried to make it the Josh Show with his terrible jumper and bad driving to the basket. It went away from Horford and Joe who were hot and Josh kept the offense going through him and that was when the Warriors came back.

Terrible inexcusable loss tonight

Josh...taking the 3 pointer was icing on the cake but the forth quarter he tried to make it the Josh Show with his terrible jumper and bad driving to the basket. It went away from Horford and Joe who were hot and Josh kept the offense going through him and that was when the Warriors came back.

want to throw up...pathetic.

To make matters worse we play a even better team tomorrow night. We may lose 3 straight. I am sorry I bought tickets for the Mavs game now.

• Premium Member

To make matters worse we play a even better team tomorrow night. We may lose 3 straight. I am sorry I bought tickets for the Mavs game now.

I think we handle Utah.

I think we play to the level of the competition. Utah will also be on the second night of a back to back.. but I just believe that we have more guns than they do.

Crawford won the Hawks that game with the buzzer beater against the Suns. Now he cost the Hawks the game with the worst boneheaded plays of the season.

what cost us the game was losing an 18 point lead in the 4th qtr. the play was extremely childish but the game was lost before that moment. randmo should have been in the game at the point of the technical.

Pretty sure you can't blame Jamal. The idiot refs decide to take the game over and call a T with 30 seconds left in a tie game. That is BUSH LEAGUE officiating.

The reason we lost is not because of the refs, but because we decide to let Smoove take like 8 consecutive shots in the 4th quarter even though he couldn't throw it in the ocean. That and we couldn't out rebound a team full of 6'2 guards.

Us going to Josh so often hurt us, we should have done everything to get Joe and Horford the ball more, or at least move it some more!

Also, I will finally admit it. For the first time in my life, I can't stand to watch Zaza, and he is my favorite player. He just doesn't do anything to help the team, all his hustle his nice, but he isn't rebounding, hitting free throws or playing passable defense anymore. Give Joe Smith minutes unless you need Zaza for size. It hurts me to say that : (

Us going to Josh so often hurt us, we should have done everything to get Joe and Horford the ball more, or at least move it some more!

Also, I will finally admit it. For the first time in my life, I can't stand to watch Zaza, and he is my favorite player. He just doesn't do anything to help the team, all his hustle his nice, but he isn't rebounding, hitting free throws or playing passable defense anymore. Give Joe Smith minutes unless you need Zaza for size. It hurts me to say that : (

i have been asking the same questions about what to like about zaza myself, i would rather have that 7 foot goon thaat used to play for georgia tech. so what it sounds like from all the post was a team that was overconfident ( woody tried to play zen doctor like phil does his lakers) and josh thought he could use this game to work on his jumper.

i am shellshocked guys i actually left to go do some late night grocery shopping at the end of the third come back and look at inside the nba and where IN THE LOSS COLUMN.

I think we handle Utah.

I think we play to the level of the competition. Utah will also be on the second night of a back to back.. but I just believe that we have more guns than they do.

Oh sure D they've only won 16 of their last 19 (if they lose tonight). We will be on the second of a back-to-back and we haven't beat them in Utah since 1993.

I mean...I hope we do...but don't bet any money on it pal.

...what cost us the game was losing an 18 point lead in the 4th qtr. the play was extremely childish but the game was lost before that moment...

Well these things happen. Utah was down 25 at Portland tonight/this morning and they came back and took it into overtime with a clutch Boozer basket. Roy hit a 3 to start the OT but then Deron basically took over and Utah won their seventh consecutive road game.

Sure hope that pooped em out biggrin.gif

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Moderators

What sucked for me was how much better a crowd the Warriors had than we would have had at home. Is that normal for them? They hardly have any wins yet the crowd shows up, shows support, stays while they're down 20 points and is rewarded.

Teague had some bad defense but he also gave us two easy dunks in a row by pushing the ball and getting it to his man right on target. I just don't understand those who say he's 'useless'. The guy shows something everytime he hits the court. Rondo made a lot of bone headed plays when he was a rookie. Look at him now.

The Hawks are good, but not good enough to be cocky or lazy. I hope they get that now.

I think the end of the game just showed that we have a lack of offensive strategy. I don't think you necessarily blame this on Joe, but I think you can blame it on "Iso-Joe". In crunchtime, with the game on the line, you need something better than just simply "throw the ball to Joe - clear out - Joe wins the game." That's unfair to Joe and it's poor strategy. I think he did all he could, and while Jamal and Josh made some mistakes, both looked like they were playing hard and trying to win this game.

What I'm saying is that this Atlanta Hawks team has far too many dynamic offensive options to simply dump all the responsibility on Joe's shoulders at the end of the game with an "Iso Joe" call.

Last night was a disgraceful loss. It only shows that Woody needs to go and we need a coach who actually makes adjustments.

Woody will not go as long as we improve on our record from last year.

You can't fire a coach that keeps "improving" the team, no matter how much we underachieve.