• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here we go again with Jchill

NJHAWK

• Premium Member

is he really worth all the attention?

He's definitely an upgrade over Marvin and Mo.. and now that he has the experience of being a #1 and #2 option, I would say his game is many times better than it was before. If we can get him in a good contract, I think it would be a great move.

Is he worth the attention? :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

As long as the Hawks hold the rights to J Chill, we should continue to hear about him.

He may never come back to the NBA. If he does, he must either come and play for us

or be traded by the Hawks to another team, in which case, we would recieve something

in exchange for giving him up.

Yes, he is worthy of our attention. Yes, we remember him playing here and many of us

would love to see him back in Atlanta. Even those who don't like him or want him to play

here want to see Atlanta recover some of their investment if he does return to the NBA.

:vacation1:

I dont think he is an upgrade over Mo at all. Chilz would make such a small impact on this team its not even worth discussing right now.

You've got to be kidding. There is NOTHING Mo does better than Chillz. NOTHING.

The gap between Chillz and Mo is laughable. Chillz is still an upgrade oer Marvin. His hustle, IQ, to the rimness, handles, everything above Mo and Marvin.

That said, if Chillz and Marvin plus a #1 for Amare would be good.

I dont think he is an upgrade over Mo at all. Chilz would make such a small impact on this team its not even worth discussing right now.

Are you serious? Josh is an upgrade over Marv, nevermind Mo. Mo's only claim to fame is his corner 3, which has been hit or miss (mostly miss) this season. Mo is cashing checks at this point. I wouldn't mind bringing Chill off the bench with Craw. Thats deadly.

I think Chills has been gone so long you guys forgot that he really wasnt all that. He would show up once every 5 or 6 games scoring wise just like Marv and was a bad defender nowhere near the defender Marv is and not even as good as MO. Chills was weak and slow trying to guard 2 guards and small forwards. Mo is a much better 3 point shooter and slightly better defender. The #1 thing Chills was good at besides showing up once every 5 games was offensive rebounds and put backs.

Edited by NJHAWK

• Premium Member

I think Chills has been gone so long you guys forgot that he really wasnt all that. He would show up once every 5 or 6 games scoring wise and was a bad defender nowhere near the defender Marv is and not even as good as MO. Chills was weak and slow. Mo is a much better 3 point shooter and defender. The #1 thing Chills was good at besides showing up once every 5 games was offensive rebounds and put backs.

Yeah, we really forgot what it was like to have a guy who was shooting damn near 60% who could do the dirty work. You say show up every 5 to 6 games, what exactly do you mean? Do you mean hit us with a 20 point effort? We don't really need that right now from that position, but if we called on him, he could. You're right, he was no Crawford, but he had a nack for moving without the ball. He would be really dangerous playing with Crawford.

I'd at least like to trade the guy for something we can use.

If Chillz does play out his 3rd, and final season under contract in Greece, would he still be a RFA of the Hawks ?

The article said that if he opts out of his contract he would be RFA of the Hawks ..........so I would imagine the same would hold true next year.

If we under a new CBA next year changes the RFA rules would that impact Chillz's RFA in 2011 ?

Can any "capologist" confirm this ?

Edited by coachx

I like Childress, but the positive impact he would make on our offense would nearly be canceled out by his defense and rebounding. I wouldn't be mad if he came back to the Hawks, but at the same time I'm not going to lose any sleep over him never coming back.

Edited by High5

Childress would still be a RFA as long as the Hawks continue to give him the Qualifying offer. As an aside- as long as the Hawks retain his rights he also counts as 10.8 Million against the cap even if he stays overseas. If the rules for RFA's change under a new CBA then those new rules would apply to CHildress as well.

• Premium Member

Chillz and upgrade over marvin? Don't make me laugh.

You can hold your laughter or laugh. Marvin sucks. Now, we no longer have the "p" word to save him. He's just not that good. He's not consistent. He doesn't put forth any effort. He just sit out there. When Chillz was here, he was always working. He was more efficient. A better rebounder. He did more little things.