• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ interested in Miami?

AHawks89

``That's a great situation -- you have to look at it,'' Johnson told The Miami Herald while discussing his options. ``I'm not saying I'll go play with him or him. But being a free agent, you pay attention to everybody's salary cap, what everybody can do.''

He knows that if he signs Miami still has cap space while if he stays with the Hawks he knows they're strapped for cash and can't really improve the team.

When he came here, he had the mindset that he wanted to prove he could be the main guy. But he's obviously figured out how big of a task that is and now he probably doesn't want the responsibility.

Here is a problem... This team is capped out with only one true all star player. Yeah, Josh could make it one year.... Al made it this year. But they're not all star players every year. This team is mostly hoping to improve by adding a different coach. Nobody wants Bibby and Marvin without giving something crappy in return. They can't trade Jamal because they have nobody else on the bench that can play meaningful minutes. The re-signing of Bibby and Marvin backed this team into a corner unless they could do a S&T for JJ. Even if they do that, they're not going to get much in return most likely.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

So now instead of having an awful postseason this team will now have an awful everything. Thanks Atlanta fans and media for bringing the late '90's back.

They cannot add two premier free agents. This is exactly like our beat reporter Bradley and the cap. No research just lets sign TWO premeir FAs like Johnson and Bosh with our 18 to 20 mill in cap space and win a championship ... blah blah blah....

JJ and Wade our good friends and he also has to say all the right things now. He needs suitors to drive his price up. But Wade and JJ alone do not equal championship for Miami; and with only 20 mill in cap tops they aint getting two premeir FAs.

Edited by Buzzard

They cannot add two premier free agents. This is exactly like our beat reporter Bradley and the cap. No research just lets sign TWO premeir FAs like Johnson and Bosh with our 18 to 20 mill in cap space and win a championship ... blah blah blah....

JJ and Wade our good friends and he also has to say all the right things now. He needs suitors to drive his price up. But Wade and JJ alone do not equal championship for Miami; and with only 20 mill in cap tops they aint getting two premeir FAs.

They can sign JJ first...........then sign Wade. They can go over the cap to resign Wade.

Even with Wade's caphold they have room to sign JJ. Then any team can go over the cap to sign their own free agents.

They can sign JJ first...........then sign Wade. They can go over the cap to resign Wade.

Even with Wade's caphold they have room to sign JJ. Then any team can go over the cap to sign their own free agents.

I know that coach that is why I said "Wade and JJ" do not equal championship. But this reporter comes across like they can sign JJ and Boozer while still keeping Wade. Miami would be better served IMO with Lebron (of course) or interior help with Bosh or Boozer. JJ and Wade is not equal to even a aging Shaq and Wade IMO.

Edited by Buzzard

It is too early to speculate anything. We still have to see where other people go. I hope he stays here, loosing him sets us back a couple years. I want to see what our team can do under new leadership.

It is too early to speculate anything. We still have to see where other people go. I hope he stays here, loosing him sets us back a couple years. I want to see what our team can do under new leadership.

You do realize that resigning Joe sets us back even more years, right? Be careful what you wish for.

So now instead of having an awful postseason this team will now have an awful everything. Thanks Atlanta fans and media for bringing the late '90's back.

i fail to see where the fans and media are the root of the atlanta hawks problems. how could any Philadelphia team ever be competitive if "mean spirited" fan-bases or media (if that's what you are insinuating) actually affected the product to such a degree. conversely, i would think that the cubs should've won a few world series within the past 100 years if "good" fans could take you over that hump.

it would be an absolutely beautiful thing if the heat signed jj thinking that would keep wade there, and then wade leaves to sign with 'bron in ny or nj.

IF his goal is to win what?

you've been complaining about Joe for the past week. What would you do if you were Rick Sund? Not resign Joe obviously - what moves would you make after that to keep the Hawks relevant? Don't give me some ambiguous bullsh*t. Step up to the plate.

IF his goal is to win what?

I would think in Sund/Ownership's view it would be to win home games and keep trying to improve in the playoffs. All fans would love to win a championship - but the vast majority are realistic enough to know that only one team gets to do that.

JJ + Wade would be a devastating combo. One of the best NBA back-courts ever. I'll cross my fingers it doesn't happen.

JJ will be 32 in three years (see Mike Bibby). That is not a big window to get another peice; and they will need another peice. The championship goes through Howard; Wade and JJ alone cannot get that done.

Edited by Buzzard