• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's Drew! (Woo-hoo?)

ATL_BALLER

• Admin

He is a good hire. If we are sticking with the core of this team. Best to use someone familiar with the group of players.

I am dissappointed (I was hoping for AJ or Casey) but its time to move forward.

We have a coach...now lets get our roster fixed up

• Like 1

That has to be what it is, expect Joe back , and for the Iso Joe and Craw to continue forever lol

Actually, from what I've heard Larry isn't much of a fan of the way the offense was ran (or wasn't ran) under Woody. We all know Woodson didn't give a sh*t about the offense.

Edited by D.R.P.
  • Like 1

i'm cool with it. frankly, this was a bad offseason to be looking for a coach. i had no faith in any of the candidates to take us past orlando or cleveland so if we went for the easiest choice so be it. time to get back to work on the rest of the to-do list.

• Like 1

well I hope so D.R.P. , but I just don't see any of that happening yet..

Also, this may be the best hire for your boy Smoove. Josh has always spoken highly of Larry Drew. The question now is what assistant coaches can Drew bring in.

Edited by D.R.P.

• Premium Member

"Status quo" worries me about free agency, but it is nice to see someone promoted from within.

If it were anyone other than the Hawks' brass doing this, I'd be confident in Drew.

Edited by mrhonline

• Premium Member

Well, damn. I think my recently surgically-repaired labrum just tore itself again in frustration. The only justification I can think of is if it helps us keep JJ. Even then, isn’t there someone else out there who would help us keep JJ who wasn’t, you know, WOODY’S DAMNED ASSISTANT?

• Premium Member

This is f***ing laughable. The Spirit once again shows how cheap as s*** they are by hiring a first time head coach. The fact this guy was so impressive that WOODSON IGNORED HIM FOR FOUR YEARS only shows how pathetic this hire is.

People were asking for proof that Sund was his own man? Welcome to the proof that is exactly NOT the case. I guarantee you this came down to Casey wanting more money and the Spirit settling for the lowest paid denominator in Larry Drew.

• Like 1