• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If CP3 is traded and for some trash to another team not named the Hawks.

Joker

I can see it now. We don't make a move, lose Joe, hired the cheapest coach in the NBA, and trade Crawford for some noob. I am done with this franchise. I have been through so many ups and downs with this franchise but this one could cripple us and we will never be a legit team till 2030 if we do not make moves this off-season. We could lose what I mention in the first sentence, lose Horford and Smith to injury and end up with the #1 pick but knowing our luck, the draft would be watered down like the Adam Morrison/Shelden Williams draft. The ownership better step up and there is a reason why I stopped posting of late or even caring about that team that plays in Atlanta. By the way, yesterday was my birthday, happy bday to me. Peace.

Happy belated birthday to you but dang overreact much?? If we aren't able to trade for Paul, assuming he's even traded, it's not the end of the world. Losing Joe isn't the end of the world either since we might be able to get something valuable back via trade like a draft pick, player or large trade exception. And where is the trading Crawford part coming from?

LOL . . . it'll be allright man. Just understand that if New Orleans is looking for expiring contracts, we don't have many of those to deal.

Now if they're looking for talent, we'll have to trade Josh Smith + somebody else, to get Paul. If we're serious about getting Paul, that's who we'd have to give up.

Happy belated B-day supe! I don't even count them anymore.

But let's think about your worst case scenario (with a twist). Lets say we we ended up losing JJ and Craw but got back in return Chillz (basically free) and can sign Bosh.

So we lose two top level SGs and end up with Chillz as our SG. Maybe we could even peddle Marvin for an average PG to a team that has a few of them.

What would you think of a front line of Bosh, Horford, and Smoove? Pretty scary eh? Long and lean and fairly tough. Horford would be the tough guy at PF (basically interchangeable with Bosh when the need be) and Smoove could easily play PF when AL was at center and Chillz would be our SG who can be SFwhen necessary. Add in Mo and you have a pretty nice starting 3-4-5 unit. Then you add in Zaza.

Obviously a guy like Bosh wouldn't be a kick-arse center - but he would basically have two top quality power forwards at his side. It's been done before.,,and having a backup like Zaza would really help.

In this case we would lose two of our best shooters but would keep Bibby - who can shoot.

PG - - Teague or Bibby/new journeyman PG (and that may be switched around depending on how they play)

SG - - Chillz/Mo/draft pick

SF - - Smoove/Chillz/Mo

PF - - Horford/Smoove/Bosh

C - - - Bosh/Zaza/Horford

Obviously they would all have to learn quickly to play together - but the two major chuckers would be gone and we would add a glue guy in Chillz. We would basically only have one new starter (Bosh), since the other guys already know Chillz (except Horford) and Bibby would be the starter early in the season. Horford would have absolutely no problems adapting to playing with a mover/worker like Chillz.

Throw in Randmo and Mario and off we go!

Edited by DJlaysitup

But let's think about your worst case scenario (with a twist). Lets say we we ended up losing JJ and Craw but got back in return Chillz (basically free) and can sign Bosh.

I like the idea, but with what money do you suggest we use to sign Bosh? Because there is no way JJ agrees to go to Toronto in a SnT deal.

I like the idea, but with what money do you suggest we use to sign Bosh? Because there is no way JJ agrees to go to Toronto in a SnT deal.

Well that's a good point (primarily due to our cheap owners). A Bosh SnT for Craw and Marvin? I dunno - other teams figure this stuff out. maybe a three way deal?

Honestly I don't see Bosh getting a huge deal as a primary big guy - we have a nice spot for him since we have good bigs that could play around him and a good backup center.

A front line of Bosh - Horford -Smith would be fairly intimidating.

Edited by DJlaysitup

I can see it now. We don't make a move, lose Joe, hired the cheapest coach in the NBA, and trade Crawford for some noob. I am done with this franchise. I have been through so many ups and downs with this franchise but this one could cripple us and we will never be a legit team till 2030 if we do not make moves this off-season. We could lose what I mention in the first sentence, lose Horford and Smith to injury and end up with the #1 pick but knowing our luck, the draft would be watered down like the Adam Morrison/Shelden Williams draft. The ownership better step up and there is a reason why I stopped posting of late or even caring about that team that plays in Atlanta. By the way, yesterday was my birthday, happy bday to me. Peace.

IF New Orleans considered dealing Chris Paul, I think the basis of Josh Smith/Jamal Crawford would at least have them consider us. The Devin Harris/#3 package would be hard to compete with, however, with our package we would be able to take Okafor off their hands, too. If NJ took on Paul/Okafor, I'm not sure they would have the money to go after a max free agent.

Smith/Crawford/Zaza for Paul/Okafor would be a pretty sweet deal for us. Not likely unfortunately...

IF New Orleans considered dealing Chris Paul, I think the basis of Josh Smith/Jamal Crawford would at least have them consider us. The Devin Harris/#3 package would be hard to compete with, however, with our package we would be able to take Okafor off their hands, too. If NJ took on Paul/Okafor, I'm not sure they would have the money to go after a max free agent.

Smith/Crawford/Zaza for Paul/Okafor would be a pretty sweet deal for us. Not likely unfortunately...

I agree it would be very hard to beat Devin and a #3. We could compete with that by offering Horf (equals the #3),Teague, and Craws expiring. That is giving up a lot; but CP3s do not grow on trees.

I'd offer Smoove , Teage, #24, & a future 1st..... all day long.

However, if the Hornets want expiring contracts to save money then:

Crawford, Evans, Teague, #24 will get the job done. Crawford and Mo are expiring and Teague / #24 gives them a little hope for the future. This would keep about $30 mill in the owner's pocket.

With Paul on board, JJ would have to love the idea of staying here and Horford would reach his full potential playing with Paul.

"Arleen was a dream, what a dream." What a dream a Paul / JJ backcourt would be indeed. :vacation1:

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

I'd offer Smoove , Teage, #24, & a future 1st..... all day long....

I'd probably do that too coach...even if we lost JJ and picked up Chillz.

From my fan standpoint - I would hate to lose Smoove...but value is value...and CP3 would bring a TON of value to this team.

I'd probably do that too coach...even if we lost JJ and picked up Chillz.

From my fan standpoint - I would hate to lose Smoove...but value is value...and CP3 would bring a TON of value to this team.

I dont think they would though. NO is not looking to stay in the lottery IMO. #3 and Harris gives then two legitimate players. Smoove, Teague, and Craw is not as much of a future IMO...

#3 is better value than Smoove

Harris is better value than Teague

Craw is just an expiring...the future new owner is not cheap so Craws expiring is not as valuable as it was a month or so ago.

#3 vs Horf levels it out among the players that will be kept; and Craws expiring then trumps NJs offer IMO...

Edited by Buzzard

why couldn't we SNT JJ and parts (bibby, teague, marvin, crawford) and our first or future first for CP. Seems like Joe is just what they need.

Why would Joe want to play with NO w/o Paul there ?

JJ controls where he wants to go.....not the Hawks.

I'd offer Smoove , Teage, #24, & a future 1st..... all day long.

However, if the Hornets want expiring contracts to save money then:

Crawford, Evans, Teague, #24 will get the job done. Crawford and Mo are expiring and Teague / #24 gives them a little hope for the future. This would keep about $30 mill in the owner's pocket.

With Paul on board, JJ would have to love the idea of staying here and Horford would reach his full potential playing with Paul.

"Arleen was a dream, what a dream." What a dream a Paul / JJ backcourt would be indeed. :vacation1:

Yeah . . I would have to say that I would do that too. You acquire CP3, and you may essentially change the mind of JJ of going anywhere.

PG - Paul / Bibby

G - Johnson / Crawford . . Evans

F - Marvin / possibly Childress

PF - Horford / 2nd round pick

C - Zaza / free agent pick up

The hole is still on the frontline ( even a bigger one now ), but with Crawford being an expiring contract, along with Evans, you may be able to do something in regards to that as the trade deadline approaches.

You want to create a buzz in Atlanta . . . go out and get Chris Paul, even at the cost of Josh Smith ( whose box office prowess is overrated ). I'd hate to lose Smoove. But I've always said that if I had to lose him, I'd want to lose him to another star player.

Paul may be the superstar that Atlanta fans may be willing to come out to see, while Smoove may provide just enough excitement in New Orleans, to excite that fan base along with Collison.

Edited by northcyde

Hornets are being purchased by a billionaire and native cajun who has every intention of keeping the team in NOLA. With that said I sincerely doubt they'd trade Paul for financial reasons and if they were to they'd do it to a team that would give them cap relief this year . What does that mean? The Hawks are not in the running.

I proposed this in the trade forum, but a 3 way of:

Atlanta receives: Paul and Okafor

New Orleans receives: Josh Smith, Jamal Crawford, Mo Evans, Jeff Teague, Collison, 2010 OKC 1st, 2011 ATL 1st

OKC receves: David West

Paul

Johnson

Chillz

Horford

Okafor (actually I proposed to go heavy after Shaq for the MLE)

Collison

Crawford

Peja

Smith

Collison (or Alrich with 1st round pick)

Westbrook

Durant

Green

West

Krstic

This deal gives New Orleans alot of expiring to go along with Peja and some good young talent to build around. OKC gets a legit PF to allow Green to move back to SF.

Hornets are being purchased by a billionaire and native cajun who has every intention of keeping the team in NOLA. With that said I sincerely doubt they'd trade Paul for financial reasons and if they were to they'd do it to a team that would give them cap relief this year . What does that mean? The Hawks are not in the running.

How can the Hawks NOT give them cap relief this season? Crawford and Mo are expiring deals. See my proposal above which gives them even more flexibility going forward.