• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Spirit Group prove they cannot afford team, sell best pick in 2nd round

Admin

That would be my headline and byline in tomorrows AJC if I were an editor. It's absolutely pitiful that they could kill the momentum of that trade and the Crawford selection so quickly. I swear I feel like a crash test dummy who just ran into the ASG's wallet at 100mph and went through the windshield.

• Like 3

ASG full of s***, that thread I made a couple days ago stands. This organization is a full of s*** and doesn't care about the product. Why support this crap with our hard earned money. The Hawks are a joke because of lousy owners.

Edited by nbasuperstar40
  • Like 1

That would be my headline and byline in tomorrows AJC if I were an editor. It's absolutely pitiful that they could kill the momentum of that trade and the Crawford selection so quickly. I swear I feel like a crash test dummy who just ran into the ASG's wallet at 100mph and went through the windshield.

i kinda said that already that they were too cheappp

• Like 1

I would have loved them taking a shot on that Whiteside kid or even one of the quick pg's. That kid was skinny like Solo Jones but had one hell of a shot blocking reach. Whats the harm of getting his rights and letting him play in the dleague until he can prove he is ready?

So do you think they will Pap Sy his butt back on the plane to go back to France?

Knowing the Hawks being the cheap a**es they are, they will say "Just get on a boat. I'm sure you can get there like that. Take the Titanic, the Britannia, s*** we don't care".

Totally agree, Dolfan. It's not like you to be so "negative" but it's entirely appropriate in this case and absolutely disgusts me. The headline may not be far off....They folks at the AJC have been coming at the owners pretty good lately and I don't think tonight gives them any reason to stop.

• Moderators

Atlanta Spirit Group prove they cannot afford team, sell best pick in 2nd round

:worshippy:

The fans were pissed on tonight. At least Crawford is solid. Sigh.

Edited by AHF

• Premium Member

Think you guys are probably over-reacting to all fo this. Not denying the obvious--they'd like to have some more bank. But, in terms of the impact to the 2010-11 team, I don't see it. Pleiss isn't playing in the NBA for another couple of years anyhow, and we aren't solving our low post needs with the 30-somethingth pick of any draft in any year. Essentially, they took the 24th pick, got Crawford, and added to their abilty to do maybe just a little more in free agency at no real immediate cost to this year's team. Good for them.

• Like 1

Totally agree, Dolfan. It's not like you to be so "negative" but it's entirely appropriate in this case and absolutely disgusts me. The headline may not be far off....They folks at the AJC have been coming at the owners pretty good lately and I don't think tonight gives them any reason to stop.

I said this on another thread while teams like the Celtic's find the Big Baby's in the 2nd round the Hawks sell their pick off for money. If you can't afford to put money in the product then sell the team. I am sure you'll see a few 2nd rounder make good contributions to their teams this year and what do the Hawks do give up on the player. Whether it was the 7 footer or some other player why do the Hawks always manage to screw things up and waste their 2nd rounders. Good organizations that win alot and go for championships make the best of it but the Hawks seem to think their talent is already good enough.

Next year at this time will look back and think why didn't we draft so and so in the 2nd while the players makes a good contribution for his team. Hope that money the Hawks get for the pick really helps on building the championship team we want. This is why its frustrating being a Hawks fan seeing other teams get stronger while we just sit back and waste picks.

Think you guys are probably over-reacting to all fo this. Not denying the obvious--they'd like to have some more bank. But, in terms of the impact to the 2010-11 team, I don't see it. Pleiss isn't playing in the NBA for another couple of years anyhow, and we aren't solving our low post needs with the 30-somethingth pick of any draft in any year. Essentially, they took the 24th pick, got Crawford, and added to their abilty to do maybe just a little more in free agency at no real immediate cost to this year's team. Good for them.

Sturt there is no excuse for not at least getting a future pick out of this. It's not uncommon at all to get a future pick, sometimes even a future 1st, for a pick that high in the 2nd round. There is simply no excuse for that.

If you'd like to argue that we couldn't have found a player that would have contributed this year I will say that the chance of finding someone that could aren't great but that there will be 1 or 2 guys from the 2nd round that will help a team this year.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Sturt there is no excuse for not at least getting a future pick out of this. It's not uncommon at all to get a future pick, sometimes even a future 1st, for a pick that high in the 2nd round. There is simply no excuse for that.

If you'd like to argue that we couldn't have found a player that would have contributed this year I will say that the chance of finding someone that could aren't great but that there will be 1 or 2 guys from the 2nd round that will help a team this year.

All true. The #31 pick is more desiged than the #27 pick by much of the league. This was a waste of an asset that could have helped this team going in to the future.

• Premium Member

I hate it when I'm proven right on how bad Atlanta fans have it but hey, I was right gang. I told you guys for years how cheap the ASG is and once again they prove it. It will take selling the Hawks and Thrashers for fans here to get an actual franchise and not just a wannabe one.

Apparently we got close to $3 million in return for Pleiss, not bad if you ask me for a project center that won't see the NBA for a while

Well if we got that in $1 bills maybe we can pour them on the floor and hope that Dwight Howard slips on them as a way to try and stop him from scoring. Other than that I don't see how that makes the Hawks a better team now or in the future and that is all that I care about as a fan.