• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks/Warriors talking trade?

WraithSentinel

• Premium Member

I dont think G.S. were too happy with Ellis.

From what I read, GS is having a fire sale to make the team attractive to a new owner. Why they want Marvin is a mystery? But let Sund work his magic!!!

I read it differently.

I think it's plan A for when Joe signs. We can sign Joe and sign Childress and at the same time, clear up Cap Space in the future by trading away Marvin's long contract. I'm liking Marvin for Wright and Azubike. Then resigning Chillz.

Or Marvin for Gadzuric but that deal can't be done anytime soon.

Childress in no way helps us against the most elite small forward the game ever seen in Lebron James. Trading for those guys would be a horrible mistake. Why duplicate position if skinny Brandon Wright come here he is going to sit the bench behind Smooth and horford.

Childress in no way helps us against the most elite small forward the game ever seen in Lebron James. Trading for those guys would be a horrible mistake. Why duplicate position if skinny Brandon Wright come here he is going to sit the bench behind Smooth and horford.

You are right but Childress is much better as a 4th or 5th option than Marvin.

• Premium Member

If we wanted a defensive stopper we would have brought in Bowen (from retirement)... but this is no longer Woody's team. Drew hasn't mentioned defense. I don't know how defense will look... but I know this.. In a motion offense, Childress will do well. Much better than duck butt.

The Atlanta Hawks are shopping Marvin Williams and Mike Bibby in an attempt to free up cap space, according to league sources.

So ASG breaks the bank for Joe ...

but wants to trade 2 starters for cap space in this inflated market?

Look, I know the knocks on both as well as any of us, but still ...

Help me out. How exactly does this sound good?

Edited by ATLBob

Don't get me wrong, Biedrins sounds attractive, but how would that = cap space?

And why would GS trade a youngish C on a reasonable contract for another SF/PF body type?

And then what do we do at PG?

I'll wait and see, but this just feels off ...

• Moderators

The assumption has to be that Bibby is no longer a starter and is viewed as a big enough liability that we would like to give him away. Marvin is shipped out for space to sign his successor starter at SF. You take that money (the Marvin money) and give it to Chillz on a better contract, for example.

Edited by AHF

The assumption has to be that Bibby is no longer a starter and is viewed as a big enough liability that we would like to give him away. Marvin is shipped out for space to sign his successor starter at SF. You take that money (the Marvin money) and give it to Chillz on a better contract, for example.

Does Duhon/Chillz really sound like an upgrade over Bibby/Marvin though?

Now, if the cap space part of the idea is less accurate then maybe an expiring contract could be flipped into a starting caliber point, but I'm not sure I'm buying that either.

Teague/Duhon, or *gasp* Teague/Ivey, or even Teague/Watson doesn't make me feel terribly warm & fuzzy.

• Premium Member

Does Duhon/Chillz really sound like an upgrade over Bibby/Marvin though?

Now, if the cap space part of the idea is less accurate then maybe an expiring contract could be flipped into a starting caliber point, but I'm not sure I'm buying that either.

Teague/Duhon, or *gasp* Teague/Ivey, or even Teague/Watson doesn't make me feel terribly warm & fuzzy.

Getting ahead of yourself, Bob.

Some Warriors fans suspect that Ellis is part of this... just for instance... let's wait to see what players are actually part of the deal, assuming it even takes place.

I know Teague didnt get enough minutes to prove or disprove he can be a starter but one thing he showed that makes me ? his abilty to start is he could not hit a jump shot to save his life. He really looked bad.

uuuhhhmm rondo couldnt and cant either

• Like 2

Some Warriors fans suspect that Ellis is part of this

Oh yeah, if we're talking players & not cap space then things start getting interesting.

Cautiously more optimistic than I have been, mostly per MC's "luxury tax/right player(s)" revelation, which I'm trying to take with a grain of salt and not a surge of jubilation.

to open up $$ and a starting sf position for a trade for melo? melo may be made available soon.

trade marvin/bibby for a pf or c to play the front court with horford, trade smoove/crawford or evans? for melo.

sign duhon.

• Like 1

With the rumors of Denver wanting Biedrins and us shopping Marvin to GS....does anybody think we're trying to get Biedrins to then flip him and Smoove to Denver for some sort of Melo package?

I do, however, realize that Denver is probably trying to get Biedrins to help make Melo stay

• Like 1