• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lebron to heat per reports

gsuteke

Does this change anything for the hawks.

Imo the heat just replace the cavs as a team we are chasing. In fact due to size issues the hawks may match up better with a lebron heat team versus the cavs teams of the past two years.

• Premium Member

If the Hawks don't get serious and this happens, it's going to be a problem. That said, nothing is set in stone yet. However, the statement was made that the Hawks knew signing JJ was not enough to make themselves legitimate title contenders and that's true. So, I wonder if this possibility could change the Hawks plans somewhat.

• Moderators

There is only one ball and someone has to play defense. Ainge made it look easy in Boston but part of that was luck and part was putting the right big three together. With Perkins and Rondo.

That said this will be one scary team. Can't wait to hear the boos in Cleveland

if lebron moves into the same division as the hawks, i think the hawks should pick up delonte west.

think about it--we've already got jordan crawford, the dude that upset lbj enough by dunking on him a year ago that he tried (unsuccessfully) to wipe away any traces of evidence. if we brought in west, aka "the dude that slept with lbj's mom", we could seriously get into lbj's head. take him out psychologically, turn him into a little girl.

link?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67957/20100708/multiple_reports_lebron_plans_to_choose_miami_heat/

I think the Hawks management will definitely spend the MLE this summer, just to say that they were trying in some way to remain competitive. Maybe they can get some cash for Childress or Marv.

Edited by Blunt91

• Admin

I find it hard to believe that he is having a prime time show to announce his signing....

and the team i am going to.... will be announced right after these commercials

Going to the heat takes the Cavs out of contention. It will be interesting to see how he and Wade can co-exist as ball dominante players

Remember this. ESPN is the one reporting this.

Don't forget that this whole free agent summer monster has been a creation of ESPN, and they started feeding this back in 2008. ESPN has thrown out so many rumors that it is obvious they are just trying to feed the monster even more and create interest. Their goal is to have more viewers watching the "LeBron James Special" than any other TV show out there. There were reports on ESPN last night that LeBron was heading to New York.

In fact, shortly after Chris Broussard released the info that "sources are telling him" LeBron will join Bosh and Wade in Miami, he immediately backtracked on Mike and Mike this AM. As I was listening to Mike and Mike this AM driving to the nursing home to see some patients, Broussard state this. "My sources are good, and they tell me that James will go to Miami, but it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up staying in Cleveland."

Chris Broussard is the same character that tried to stir some stuff up with Joe Johnson, stating that the Knicks were still in the picture as Joe was completing a deal with the Hawks.

In short, do not believe this report. The reliability of ESPN is very much compromised over this. No one but LeBron James and his posse know what he is going to do. Maybe he does join the Heat, but I really have my doubts that Chris Broussard got tipped off by someone.

• Like 1

I am so sick of James. Everything is about him. He is selfish and I hope he never gets a ring. I don't give a rats *ss where he goes. I will be glad when this crap is finished.

• Like 1

if lebron moves into the same division as the hawks, i think the hawks should pick up delonte west.

think about it--we've already got jordan crawford, the dude that upset lbj enough by dunking on him a year ago that he tried (unsuccessfully) to wipe away any traces of evidence. if we brought in west, aka "the dude that slept with lbj's mom", we could seriously get into lbj's head. take him out psychologically, turn him into a little girl.

Got any tricks up your sleeve to take the other two of that triumvirate out?

In all seriousness, we may not see home court advantage in the playoffs for at least 3-4 years. Makes me kind of wish Joe left but then that would mean another team with two Maxes would push us out the playoffs altogether.

Remember this. ESPN is the one reporting this.

Don't forget that this whole free agent summer monster has been a creation of ESPN, and they started feeding this back in 2008. ESPN has thrown out so many rumors that it is obvious they are just trying to feed the monster even more and create interest. Their goal is to have more viewers watching the "LeBron James Special" than any other TV show out there. There were reports on ESPN last night that LeBron was heading to New York.

In fact, shortly after Chris Broussard released the info that "sources are telling him" LeBron will join Bosh and Wade in Miami, he immediately backtracked on Mike and Mike this AM. As I was listening to Mike and Mike this AM driving to the nursing home to see some patients, Broussard state this. "My sources are good, and they tell me that James will go to Miami, but it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up staying in Cleveland."

Chris Broussard is the same character that tried to stir some stuff up with Joe Johnson, stating that the Knicks were still in the picture as Joe was completing a deal with the Hawks.

In short, do not believe this report. The reliability of ESPN is very much compromised over this. No one but LeBron James and his posse know what he is going to do. Maybe he does join the Heat, but I really have my doubts that Chris Broussard got tipped off by someone.

I totally agree with this one. I'm not believing anything anyone says about the status of the Queen's decision. I still think he stays in Cleveland, but what do I know? I don't have any sources. I will laugh my butt off when LeBron says that he isn't going anywhere but Cleveland. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I am so sick of James. Everything is about him. He is selfish and I hope he never gets a ring. I don't give a rats *ss where he goes. I will be glad when this crap is finished.

This....

Next season will be interesting though. Bosh, Wade, and Bron all score over 20 a game. Whos stats will drop? I say Bosh.

Does this change anything for the hawks.

Imo the heat just replace the cavs as a team we are chasing. In fact due to size issues the hawks may match up better with a lebron heat team versus the cavs teams of the past two years.

It's going to make an interesting fantasy-land team, for sure. Stuff like this just doesn't happen in real life. This is like one of those hypotheticals that are argued endlessly in opinion columns. Except that we may get to see it play out. I said this in another thread, I think that "Miami Thrice" is no lock to be a dynasty team. I think LeBron and Wade diminish each other in the same backcourt, and they will need a lot more size up front. I've decided I'd rather see this outcome than have LeBron go somewhere that he could really fit, like Chicago, New York, Brooklyn, etc. Boston "should" be aging, leaving the Hawks to look up to only the Heat and Magic. The Nets will get there in time, the Bulls will be near our level, and the Knicks are totally f'd.

• Moderators

...the ones who are left, that is. 2009 Census estimates show the city has lost over 46,000 residents since 2000, more than any US city outside of Katrina-impacted New Orleans, and percentage-wise a greater drop than any city except New Orleans and Flint, Michigan (Akron has the 13th highest estimated drop). The potential of LeBron abandoning Cleveland is a symbol of something much, much stronger than basketball.

~lw3

• Like 1