• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Now that Shaq is gone, wich are the options at C?

gurpilo

Taking into account the cap space available I would say that I would go with Josh Boone and Earl Barron. Both can be signed cheap, no more than 3M$ for both and provide size, defense and rebounding.

Josh Boone is stil young can rebound, block some shots and score in the post, he is more than a decent backup at PF an C

Barron made a good job on the final games at NY, is a legit 7 footer and can rebound and play defense.

I want nothing with Kwame Brown and Kurt Thomas, we will have to pay more for them and will not provide any difference with this two.

Other option would be Tolliver but he is not a good defender, I think is redundant with Horford and Josh Smith.

• Like 1

Taking into account the cap space available I would say that I would go with Josh Boone and Earl Barron. Both can be signed cheap, no more than 3M$ for both and provide size, defense and rebounding.

Josh Boone is stil young can rebound, block some shots and score in the post, he is more than a decent backup at PF an C

Barron made a good job on the final games at NY, is a legit 7 footer and can rebound and play defense.

I want nothing with Kwame Brown and Kurt Thomas, we will have to pay more for them and will not provide any difference with this two.

Other option would be Tolliver but he is not a good defender, I think is redundant with Horford and Josh Smith.

I completely disagree about Kurt Thomas. Thomas is a dirty vet. He's a Bruce Bowen kind of guy. The kind you hate to play against but the one you love on your team. He won't do anything to light up the stat sheet, but he can play good man defense in the post and get under the skin of many players.

Here are your choices: RandMO, Collins, Joe Smith....don't fool yourself if you think they are going to get anybody of substance.

I completely disagree about Kurt Thomas. Thomas is a dirty vet. He's a Bruce Bowen kind of guy. The kind you hate to play against but the one you love on your team. He won't do anything to light up the stat sheet, but he can play good man defense in the post and get under the skin of many players.

Kurt Thomas is a 37 year old 6-9 post player, if we want to face Dwight we must do better than that

Kurt Thomas is a 37 year old 6-9 post player, if we want to face Dwight we must do better than that

How did a 36 year old 6-11 225lb. Rasheed Wallace do against Dwight in the playoffs? I'm not saying Thomas would get 30MPG. I'm just saying he could get 15MPG and be almost as effective as Shaq on the defensive side. He gave Horford (an All-Star) fits in our series against Milwaukee. He's aging, but definitely still has something left in the tank.

How did a 36 year old 6-11 225lb. Rasheed Wallace do against Dwight in the playoffs? I'm not saying Thomas would get 30MPG. I'm just saying he could get 15MPG and be almost as effective as Shaq on the defensive side. He gave Horford (an All-Star) fits in our series against Milwaukee. He's aging, but definitely still has something left in the tank.

You must be joking if you intend to compare Kurt Thomas vs Rasheed Wallace. Rasheed has been a reference Center 10 years on the league, Kurt is no more than a backup, he will be destroyed by Dwight, we have zero chances with him, at leas the other two have some size.

• Premium Member

Where did Shaq go?

Ye of little faith. Until Shaq signs with someone else, he is still in play and an option for the Hawks. Articles in SI indicated he may have to lower his demands to the veterans minimum of 1/9 million/year to get more offers. I would think the Hawks could offer a larger slice of the MLE if it gets to that and he wants to play for a contender.

Ye of little faith. Until Shaq signs with someone else, he is still in play and an option for the Hawks. Articles in SI indicated he may have to lower his demands to the veterans minimum of 1/9 million/year to get more offers. I would think the Hawks could offer a larger slice of the MLE if it gets to that and he wants to play for a contender.

Exactly, no point in over paying him just so the fans can be satisfied in mid July. Let this thing ride out and see what happens. We still have a shot to get him and at a much better price. I agree w/ the owners, a 36 year old Shaq that wants to start isn't worth going into the luxury tax.

You must be joking if you intend to compare Kurt Thomas vs Rasheed Wallace. Rasheed has been a reference Center 10 years on the league, Kurt is no more than a backup, he will be destroyed by Dwight, we have zero chances with him, at leas the other two have some size.

Defensively, I would put them in a similar category. Both are solid defensive players, and always have been. Kurt Thomas was one of the more sought out defensive big men early in the 2000's. He stayed out in the western conference because of their abundance of big men. I'm not saying they are the same player, especially on offense, but they both are very good defensively.

Exactly, no point in over paying him just so the fans can be satisfied in mid July. Let this thing ride out and see what happens. We still have a shot to get him and at a much better price. I agree w/ the owners, a 36 year old Shaq that wants to start isn't worth going into the luxury tax.

If he is going to lower his demands I don´t think we have any chance of signing him. If you still think that we have a shot at him after all the talk and the Hawks refusing to overpay for him either you don´t know Shaq or is not the same Shaq I have known for years. My guess is that he signs for a contender for 4-5 M$.