• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CP3 wants out NOW! .............but

Chris Paul, according to Ken Berger of CBS, hopes to have played his last game for the Hornets and has set into motion a plan to be traded by the start of the upcoming season.

His teams of choice are said to be the Knicks, Lakers and Magic, and people close to him have said he has played his last game for the Hornets.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/13659617/new-hornets-brass-already-facing-crisis-with-paul

Knicks have no trade pieces. Neither do the magic really because I don't see the hornets willing to accept jameer nelson and filler for chris paul. The lakers surely don't have the pieces to make it work for new orleans.

Just another case of somebody talking out the side of their mouth.

I would love to see the Hawks get Paul (can you imagine the Alley Oops he would be passing to Josh Smith IF Smith is not part of the trade package?) but I will be totally SHOCKED if the Hawks ownership could pull off a deal to get him here. Somehow, I imagine he will end up staying put or traded to the Magic, Bulls or Lakers.

I would love to see the Hawks get Paul (can you imagine the Alley Oops he would be passing to Josh Smith IF Smith is not part of the trade package?) but I will be totally SHOCKED if the Hawks ownership could pull off a deal to get him here. Somehow, I imagine he will end up staying put or traded to the Magic, Bulls or Lakers.

The only way Atlanta would get Chris Paul is to include either Josh Smith or Al Horford in the deal. Either way, Paul is the type of player you do not turn away. You make the deal. Chris Paul will get the Hawks 15 wins next year.

I think if Chris Paul was to end up with the Hawks, he wouldn't hate it. I remember back when Cp3 and JJ played in the USA team and Chris Paul said that he would have loved to play with Joe Johnson.

I still think we're one of the few teams that can offer something for Chris Paul that is desirable to New Orleans.

The only way Atlanta would get Chris Paul is to include either Josh Smith or Al Horford in the deal. Either way, Paul is the type of player you do not turn away. You make the deal. Chris Paul will get the Hawks 15 wins next year.

JJ-Smoove-CP3 > JJ-Horf-CP3

Paul will easily make Smoove an All-Star and possibly an All NBA player.

Plus we will probably have to pickup Okafor in the deal.

Edited by GameTime

The only problem with moving Horf in the deal instead of Josh, is its a lot harder to get contracts to work if we would have to eat Okafor.

Paul would make Horford look brilliant too. And he has more smarts than Josh and would play off of Paul better.

The only problem with moving Horf in the deal instead of Josh, is its a lot harder to get contracts to work if we would have to eat Okafor.

Paul would make Horford look brilliant too. And he has more smarts than Josh and would play off of Paul better.

I don't want to make this a Smoove Vs. Horf thread but Josh Smith's skillset is truly one of a kind and won't be easily be replaced.

And Horf-Okafor seems eh to me for some reason. Not sure if it is much more different than West/Okafor Paul already has.

I picture us as fast paced with CP3 and IMO Smoove fits the bill better than Horf (good speed for a C but average/below average for a PF) here.

Edited by GameTime

• Admin

I just wish players wanted to come here. We have a nice set of players to surround Paul and if he came here it would make us contenders like the other top teams.

He IS the player we need. What we got to offer: Josh or Horford (I prefer to send Josh) as the star player to market, Crawford's expiring and Bibby's short contract should be appealing to New Orleans.

As well we take Okafor and his contract off their hands (and gives us our center)

We just need to convince Paul to want to come here...get on the phones Sund now! You too JJ! You said you want to recruit...this is it! This is the one! Help make it happen

I don't want to make this a Smoove Vs. Horf thread but Josh Smith's skillset is truly one of a kind and won't be easily be replaced.

And Horf-Okafor seems eh to me for some reason. Not sure if it is much more different than West/Okafor Paul already has.

I picture us as fast paced with CP3 and IMO Smoove fits the bill better than Horf (good speed for a C but average/below average for a PF) here.

There is definitely something sexy about a Paul/Josh connection, all I'm saying is that to get him we are going to have to eat Okafor's contract and I just think it'd make more number sense with Josh involved.

I'm open either way if we got Paul. I think he would be a positive for either big when all is said and done.

There is definitely something sexy about a Paul/Josh connection, all I'm saying is that to get him we are going to have to eat Okafor's contract and I just think it'd make more number sense with Josh involved.

I'm open either way if we got Paul. I think he would be a positive for either big when all is said and done.

JJ's a** better be on the phone w/ CP3 recruiting him right now!!!!

CP3 to JSmoove would be a lot of fun to watch, but I agree, I think Smoove will have to be included in the deal to make it work (since Al is still on his rookie deal). Either way, CP3 will make us a serious contender in the east. Get it done Sund!

I see that as an perfect opportunity to get rid of Mike Bibby's contract. I'd much rather do Horf/Bibby/Craw for him than Smoove/Craw (which would leave us with a jam at PG)

• Moderators

Like before, send those fools Marvin, Crawford and his expiring contract and 2 first round picks.

If we could do this, I would pull the trigger immediately. I would also do a Josh/Craw for Paul/Okafor or a Horford/Evans/Craw deal or some variation on these themes. That would be fantastic (and I love Josh and Al).

I don't know that this report is at all accurate but I sure know we can outbid LA, NY and Orl.