• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Wall vs. Marvin Williams.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I was watching NBA TV this morning.

They were highlighting John Wall. After his first SL game where he brought down 24 points, 8 assists. They interviewed him and he said " I just want to be the best player in the League. I think that's what every player strives to be!"

Did it strike you too?

I have never heard Marvin talk about being the best. Ever. I have never heard Marvin being anything other than what the coach tells him to be.

I think when you listen to Wall and Cousins (Cousins said basically the same thing) you see players with a star mentality. The funny thing is that Wall assumes that everybody has this same goal. I think as he continues he will find that not everybody wants to be the best in the league or the best in History. Some people don't even strive to be the best on their team at that position. It's really sad because we're starting to see a time where potential and talent means nothing without the right mentality. Unfortunately, I think Marvin will always rest on the other side of that 8 ball.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

They were highlighting John Wall. After his first SL game where he brought down 24 points, 8 assists. They interviewed him and he said " I just want to be the best player in the League. I think that's what every player strives to be!"

Did it strike you too?

I have never heard Marvin talk about being the best. Ever. I have never heard Marvin being anything other than what the coach tells him to be.

I think when you listen to Wall and Cousins (Cousins said basically the same thing) you see players with a star mentality. The funny thing is that Wall assumes that everybody has this same goal. I think as he continues he will find that not everybody wants to be the best in the league or the best in History. Some people don't even strive to be the best on their team at that position. It's really sad because we're starting to see a time where potential and talent means nothing without the right mentality. Unfortunately, I think Marvin will always rest on the other side of that 8 ball.

:beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse:

• Like 2

Marvinthread.jpg

• Premium Member

:beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse:

Google (Diesel + marvin + site:hawksquawk.net) = these top 4 results:

http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index.php/topic/340065-marvin-deserves-to-be-flamed/

http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index.php/topic/340274-marvin-williams-vs-tayshun-prince/

http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index.php/topic/343950-marvin-is-back-to-being-marvin-again/

http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index.php/topic/350361-marvin-zaza-bibby-deadwood-that-needs-to-be-traded/

We get it, Diesel. We get that you think Marvin sucks and has no desire to get better. You've said some variation on it a trillion times. You and MVP23 need to stop making a new thread every time you see something that triggers your obsession. From now on, do us all a favor and post your new thoughts in this thread instead of starting a new one again. And again. And again.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Can the mods sticky a thread entitled Diesel hate Marvin and just let him post in it whenever he gets the urge to trash Marvin?

This is a serious request, not trying to be funny. I don't like Marvin either but this is crazy.

• Like 1

AL does'nt have to SAY IT. He shows it every game. Same with Joe, Smoove ,etc. You can see they want to be GREAT. When I look at Marvin. I do not see that @ all..

This.

Al's game speaks for itself. Playing as an undersized center he averages almost a double-double a game and made the all-star squad last season.

When I see Marvin, I see an old man in a young mans body.

• Premium Member

Do you hear Al Horford talking about wanting to be the best player in the league?

As the Hawks rallied to earn their first playoff berth since 1999, Horford's play attracted attention for the league's rookie of the year award along with Seattle's Kevin Durant.

Before the series, Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Horford would be a strong candidate for the honor because he "has played in more meaningful games, in my opinion, and has come up big in those meaningful games."

Horford said he is appreciative of the number of people who respect his play.

"Any player that plays wants to be considered for an award like that," Horford said. "I'm very fortunate to be one of the guys nominated. I really appreciate it when people talk high of me. And a guy like Coach Rivers has been in the game a long time and that really means a lot to me."

Name of external link

An echo of what Wall was saying.

Can the mods sticky a thread entitled Diesel hate Marvin and just let him post in it whenever he gets the urge to trash Marvin?

This is a serious request, not trying to be funny. I don't like Marvin either but this is crazy.

Ron, you can label this however you want. The truth is that the way that Wall and others approach the game (wanting to be the best and not resting upon reputation) is different than what we have seen or heard from Marvin. You can't deny this truth. I have heard Marvin make excuses for himself (OH, I'm still young... blah, blah, blah)... this guy Wall is young, Durant was young, these guys came in with the mindset that they could be the best NOW. And they also believe that everybody who makes it to this level believes the same thing. Call it Marvin Hate... Maybe it is... but You ought to hate to here your prized draft pick talking about himself with excuses and see other draft picks thirsty to be #1.

• Premium Member

D, I've already said it in several posts over the years but I'll say it again: I don't like Marvin. I hated the pick, I hate the complete lack of effort he gives and the fact he's content with playing on XBox and settling instead of getting better.

What I don't get it is why you have to post at least once a week in a new topic another way to say you hate the player. We get it. Totally. That's why I'm asking for a sticky thread up top so you and anyone else can post about how much they hate Marvin instead of making new topics that just repeat the same thing over and over.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

D, I've already said it in several posts over the years but I'll say it again: I don't like Marvin. I hated the pick, I hate the complete lack of effort he gives and the fact he's content with playing on XBox and settling instead of getting better.

What I don't get it is why you have to post at least once a week in a new topic another way to say you hate the player. We get it. Totally. That's why I'm asking for a sticky thread up top so you and anyone else can post about how much they hate Marvin instead of making new topics that just repeat the same thing over and over.

But Diesel is sooooo more important than all of us little people that never made "Got [HANDLE]" t-shirts. He deserves to have his own thread whenever a thought pops into his head, even if he's expressed the same thought a million times before. Didn't you get the memo?

• Premium Member

Did it strike you too?

You make an excellent point. The difference is startling. Marvin is just happy to be getting a check while players like JW, Evans, and KD are driven to be great.

Marvin in 4 words or less: No ticker...no flicker!

So, why declare for the NBA draft?

1. to get rich and take care of his family

2. his draft wasn't gonna get any higher than being a # 1 or 2 pick

3.avoid the pressure of being "the man" when May, Felton and others left.