• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We've resigned Jason Collins

DeacKillsaDevil

I'm not sure why. Didn't we sign him last year to bang Dwight in the playoffs? That didn't happen. Hopefully he's insurance if Shaq gets hurt!

Shaq isn't coming here. This pretty much closes the door on signing him. We will keep the last roster spot for a freeagent rookie in training camp.

Shaq isn't coming here. This pretty much closes the door on signing him. We will keep the last roster spot for a freeagent rookie in training camp.

I agree. It does...way to go Hawks. I was being optimistic, haha

Sund: "Jason Collins will be a vital part of our core. With his great defensive, rebounding, and low post scoring abilities, he will be an integral part of the Hawks this year. With Josh Powell and Jason Collins on the team, we not only add excellent frontcourt depth, we add championship caliber players to our already strong starting 5. We feel very fortunate to get these two vets at 1.2 million a year. They will far surpass anything we could've gotten from Shaquille O'Neal. Now . . . let's stop being so negative, and look forward to a 3rd place finish in the Southeast division."

• Premium Member

Hey guys, don't be too negative about bringing Collins back. Collins was used wrong last season. You can't leave a guy like that on the bench all season and then expect him to guard one of the best centers at the drop of a hat. Collins best avenue to get in shape was to get regular minutes. I don't care if it was only 10 per game, he needed regular minutes. Collins is an authentic center with a decent midrange jumpshot. I'm not saying he's the next David Robinson or anything, but he's at worst a Will Perdue. He should've been better utilized last season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I seriously can not believe we would resign the literal worst player in the NBA after watching him do nothing but eat Big Macs on the sidelines during games.

This closes the door on Shaq btw since Fat Man will be considered the ASG's attempt to get Al Horford a "big man" to play with. :brick wall:

• Like 2

LOL @ pimp . . . . EXACTLY.

People didn't even know who Jason Collins was before last summer. Now he was "misused"?

It's whatever now though. Horford needs to mentally prepare himself to become a top 5 rebounder, while Smoove needs to channel his inner "Shawn Kemp" and start trying to dunk on everybody in his path. And JJ needs to become a 40% 3 point shooter in our "pentagle offense".

I can finally quit worrying about this team till October. After the NBA schedule comes out next week, my focus will be TOTALLY on the Bengals.

Sund: "Jason Collins will be a vital part of our core. With his great defensive, rebounding, and low post scoring abilities, he will be an integral part of the Hawks this year. With Josh Powell and Jason Collins on the team, we not only add excellent frontcourt depth, we add championship caliber players to our already strong starting 5. We feel very fortunate to get these two vets at 1.2 million a year. They will far surpass anything we could've gotten from Shaquille O'Neal. Now . . . let's stop being so negative, and look forward to a 3rd place finish in the Southeast division."

I had to lay down after I read your post. Tell me you are pulling my leg about Sund's comment about Shaq. Was he really quoted as saying "They will far surpass anything we could've gotten from Shaquille O'Neal. Now . . . let's stop being so negative, and look forward to a 3rd place finish in the Southeast division."?

I had to lay down after I read your post. Tell me you are pulling my leg about Sund's comment about Shaq. Was he really quoted as saying "They will far surpass anything we could've gotten from Shaquille O'Neal. Now . . . let's stop being so negative, and look forward to a 3rd place finish in the Southeast division."?

I think northcyde is trying to say what he thinks Sund's excuse will be when they announce the signing of Jason Collins and not Shaquille O'neal.

• Moderators

This is too true, just add:

"we promised to add significant vets when we sold our pick...now we have delivered!"

• Moderators
"We're excited to welcome Jason back to the team. He's a veteran presence in the locker room, and adds experienced depth to the frontcourt. Jason has worked hard in the offseason, and with his knowledge of the system we're implementing, he'll continue to be a valuable contributor to our club."

- El Dee

"System Ho!"

~lw3