• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Al Horford be a 20 point scorer next season?

JTB

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im not sure how you guys view horford but i veiw him and smoove as the future. The thing about horford is that his game surpasses Smoove's when we are talking fundamentals, where Smoove relies on his atheletism rather than fundamentals more. Not making this a comparison by the way just voicing my thoughts. With that said I feel Big Al which is what i like to call him has the potential to be a 20pt scorer if given the opprtunity. Horford has the shot, ok post moves and the mentality to do so.

..................What do you think ATL?

Im not sure how you guys view horford but i veiw him and smoove as the future. The thing about horford is that his game surpasses Smoove's when we are talking fundamentals, where Smoove relies on his atheletism rather than fundamentals more. Not making this a comparison by the way just voicing my thoughts. With that said I feel Big Al which is what i like to call him has the potential to be a 20pt scorer if given the opprtunity. Horford has the shot, ok post moves and the mentality to do so.

I'm With you 100%, these two could be the best fronline duo in the league in a year or two if not now

• Like 1

There are 4 people on here who think that Al Horford is a young Tim Duncan? Did any of you people actually watch the young Tim Duncan? It's no insult to Al to say that he is not even in the same zip code after 3 years in the league as Duncan was as a rookie. It's not an insult because Tim Duncan is the game's best offensive player in both the high and low post since Hakeem and McHale. Al Horford's low post moves remain mechanical, and his high post moves remain non-existent (unless you count hitting open midrange jumpers as a high post move). Even as a rookie, Duncan had a repertoire of hook shots, bank shots, fadeaways, and up-and-under moves that Horford can only dream of today. I'm sure even Horford tell you that he is no Tim Duncan. And it wouldn't be false modesty.

Al is great, one of the best young big men in the game today. But a young Tim Duncan? Al is an All-Star. Tim Duncan put up 21 and 12 for a 56-win team as a rookie and is now in the discussion among the greatest big men in the league's history. I'm sorry, but it's not even close.

good points!

Niremetal saved me from doing a lot of typing. He pretty much said what needed to be said.

Offensively, Horford isn't even on Carlos Boozer's level yet, let alone Tim Duncan.

thats true but i think horford will get on their level as he moves on in his career...maybe its just me but i see tons of potential in al horford and im talkin superstar potential! of course he's not there now but give him another 2 to 3 years, he gon beast. i mean damn the kid already better than most centers he play against and he's undersized, if he is able to play at PF over the upcoming years he will dominate on the rate he's going. horford has heart, brains, and toughness, plus he gets better each year......and for the record he should have won ROY when he came to the league cause at that time durant wasnt no where near the player he is now actually durant was quite a gunner his rookie year where horford was helping the hawks get back to the playoffs in nearly 8 years while averaging 10pts and 9.7 boards a game! this man has superstar potential!

I love Al Horford. I think he is our best player and the glue to our team. I think he is a star and will only get better. However having said that, I agree that Tim Duncan was and probably will be better than Al throughout his career. Also, Al won't average 20 ppg this season just because we have too many scorers like jj and Jamal on our team. I can see him getting around 18 and 12 boards a game this year. How awesome would it be if Horford was a 7 footer. Then there would be no controversy about the Horford Smoove frontcourt. :friends1:

I love Al Horford. I think he is our best player and the glue to our team. I think he is a star and will only get better. However having said that, I agree that Tim Duncan was and probably will be better than Al throughout his career. Also, Al won't average 20 ppg this season just because we have too many scorers like jj and Jamal on our team. I can see him getting around 18 and 12 boards a game this year. How awesome would it be if Horford was a 7 footer. Then there would be no controversy about the Horford Smoove frontcourt. :friends1:

there shouldnt be any now! its not a bad combination! but people are going to be people......

• Moderators

Question #3 needs more of a tweener option: On this team, he maxes out as a role player with the potential to be a star.

I've always seen more of a Timmayyyy in his game, moreso than those who use Mailman comparisons. But to be clear, an elder Al Horford can potentially be the just-past-his-peak Tim Duncan, which would be alright by me.

~lw3

I think fans play to much XBox. Horf is a solid player, all-star, at PF or Center. Smoove is a great help defender but needs some help himself at PF. These two plus JJ win championships on XBox, I know this because the Hawks are one of my sons and his friends favorite teams. But it is not that easy to really put together a championship frontline.

If these two are our future we need to get better at PG and/or SF in a bad way. I mean like in a All-Star bad way.

Edited by Buzzard

I think fans play to much XBox. Horf is a solid player, all-star, at PF or Center. Smoove is a great help defender but needs some help himself at PF. These two plus JJ win championships on XBox, I know this because the Hawks are one of my sons and his friends favorite teams. But it is not that easy to really put together a championship frontline.

If these two are our future we need to get better at PG and/or SF in a bad way. I mean like in a All-Star bad way.

Well actually when i made the statement above i was referring to age........horford and smooove are our best young talents that we have seen so far anyways. so in a way that makes them our future team leaders and all stars, but i get what you're saying.

Don't like the options, Tim Duncan is a top 5-10 player all time and I don't think Horford will be that. But I think he could be 10-20 player like a Karl Malone potential.

I don't see Al getting 20 a game on this team. He's not even our third option if you count Crawford off the bench. If he played somewhere else, yes, I can see him getting that.

This. Unless someone loses some of their role but we only have one ball with a lot of options.

• Premium Member

Don't like the options, Tim Duncan is a top 5-10 player all time and I don't think Horford will be that. But I think he could be 10-20 player like a Karl Malone potential.

Karl Malone?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:brick wall:

Some of you people must either 1) be 15 years old or younger; or 2) have completely lost all memory of how good these guys were even when they were young.

Tim Duncan and Karl Malone are two of the best big men in the entire history of the game. Anyone who thinks Al at that level frankly must have no memories of what those guys were like when they were young. Al reminds me of an Otis Thorpe / Mo Lucas / Buck WIlliams / Kevin Willis type of guy - All-Star caliber at his best, and solid through and through. And that's if he stays healthy. Anyone who thinks Al has first-ballot Hall of Fame potential, though, needs to have their head examined. And this is coming from a guy who probably leads HS in ownership of Horford memorabilia.

Edited by niremetal