• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

hawks looking to get elson,skinner,or boone

JohnnyCASH

• Moderators

:help wanted3:

OK, fine, Elson, then. Has Boone gotten better with his FTs? And anyone rockin a two-tone fu-Manchu should be scratched off the list immediately.

lol @ Kwame he wants above the vet min. Okayplayer.

Will there be any cash left under the LuxTax for a SF?

~lw3

I agree! I think Boone could grow with the team. He will know his role also! But isn't 2 million a year too much for a third string center.Maybe not I guess!

I asked for it last April and then bring the topic back some weeks ago:

PLEASE SIGN JOSH BOONE!!!!!!!!!!

SIGN JOSH BOONE!

He would be definately an upgrade over Zaza, Collins and Powell, he is still young and could develop into a fantastic role player. Rebounds, blocks, defense... Josh can provide it all

Edited by gurpilo

I prefer Elson, Boone, and Skinner in that order. Elson was a decent big with the Spurs a few years back. I think it was when he went to the Bucks that he fell off the map. Boone would be ok too minus his ft %. I don't think Skinner has much left in the tank besides sporting a rather bizare blonde goatie....

• Premium Member

This is what we resorted to? I am glad Horford is getting that impact guy upfront to help him.

My thoughts exactly. Al asks for help several times, Sund says to the press he wants a veteran quality starting center and the ASG has settled for Collins, Powell and these dregs. Wow.

• Like 1

My thoughts exactly. Al asks for help several times, Sund says to the press he wants a veteran quality starting center and the ASG has settled for Collins, Powell and these dregs. Wow.

Yeah Soth...BUT...I can't help but think (guess) that our ownership/management is hoping that we maintain solid playoff level basketball through the early season (which we should be able to do) and that Craw Jr. shows himself to be an impressive rookie. If that's the case we could then move Craw Sr. to a team that needs offense. A perfect mid-season trade would be trading Craw Sr. to a Western Conference team with an extra (solid) big. Actually that may have been the plan all along when they drafted Craw Jr. We basically got him for free $$-wise (traded the early 2nd for enough money to cover his salary).

Are they that smart?

I would think that there will be a few teams in the W/C who will be looking for firepower to go up against LAL in the playoffs. In that case we wouldn't even have to worry about going up against Craw Sr. - unless it was in the Finals. :stirthepot:

• Premium Member

Yeah Soth...BUT...I can't help but think (guess) that our ownership/management is hoping that we maintain solid playoff level basketball through the early season (which we should be able to do) and that Craw Jr. shows himself to be an impressive rookie. If that's the case we could then move Craw Sr. to a team that needs offense. A perfect mid-season trade would be trading Craw Sr. to a Western Conference team with an extra (solid) big. Actually that may have been the plan all along when they drafted Craw Jr. We basically got him for free $$-wise (traded the early 2nd for enough money to cover his salary).

Are they that smart?

I would think that there will be a few teams in the W/C who will be looking for firepower to go up against LAL in the playoffs. In that case we wouldn't even have to worry about going up against Craw Sr. - unless it was in the Finals. :stirthepot:

I've had a hankering for Kaman for three years now and I still want him on this team. I'd trade Crawford for him straight up if the salaries match and I think they do. I still have a fantasy in my own soth head about trading Smoove/Crawford/Bibby for CP3/Okafor but I know that's not going to happen.

Wouldn't be mad if we signed boone, but don't know anything about the other two...... Why Not Sign Pops Mensu Whatever over these guys??? But you guys are CRAZY if you think Boone is better than ZaZa :cant believe:

And for those talking about not getting the impact guy Horford is asking for, i have a feeling Sund will pull off a trade of some sort around the trade deadline to fill that need, and i think he will use the Trade Exception we got for Chills...... Might just be wishful thinking though :sad:

Edited by IHeartAtlanta

Boone, Skinner, Elson in that order.

Boone is an upgrade over Zaza IMO and Skinner will be the toughest player on our team if signed.

So Skinner is tougher than Al Horford? :thumbsdownsmileyanim: