• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jamal Wants Out

MaceCase

For all we know, somebody from fan house was lurking and you are the source..

Exactly :) Now if anyone knows Aaron Goodwin Jamals agent they know that guy is not camera shy he doesnt operate under the leaked story MO because as i said earlier a trade does nothing for Jamal because it doesnt guarantee him getting a new deal the only thing that does that is him having another great year . he does that and hes probably one of the top 2-3 free agents next year .

Jamal/Marvin plus a 1st for Melo works... I think this is as good of a deal is they can get. They want cap relief, young players, and picks.

We give them a massive expiring contract (who happened to score 18 points/game last year), a young player who people feel like has a lot of potential, and a first rounder.

Am I being too much of a homer here?

EDIT: Just saw that somebody else proposed this as well (minus the 1st)....

yes you are being a homer . We would not even be taken seriously in a Melo trade unless it involved Josh . Melo is second team all nba a top ten player in the league.

If the ASG negotiates with Jamal and locks him up before Horford, it's going to be Horford that is now the unhappy camper.

Welcome to the big leagues ASG. When you tip-toed through the offseason, and failed to upgrade our core, you opened yourselves up to a situation like this. Had we added to our "core", the loss of Jamal may be less impactful. But when you sit back like scared rabbits, this is what can happen.

When you get in the playoffs, you have to "pay the cost, to be the boss."

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I love, love, LOVE how Jamal's game fits here with thw Hawks. But if this 'report' is true, it's time to do something here. With certain bigtime players available out there on the market, the Hawks cannot afford to let these opportunities slip away. I thought this decision could wait until the trade deadline but it appears that the time may be NOW. There's been a lot of talk about Carmelo NOT wanting to come here but I think that's bogus. His game would fit perfectly with this starting lineup. It appears he's available now, and we have the big expiring contract, young player with potential(Marv), and picks to get him. Sund and the ASG have to be looking into this. Right???

I love, love, LOVE how Jamal's game fits here with thw Hawks. But if this 'report' is true, it's time to do something here. With certain bigtime players available out there on the market, the Hawks cannot afford to let these opportunities slip away. I thought this decision could wait until the trade deadline but it appears that the time may be NOW. There's been a lot of talk about Carmelo NOT wanting to come here but I think that's bogus. His game would fit perfectly with this starting lineup. It appears he's available now, and we have the big expiring contract, young player with potential(Marv), and picks to get him. Sund and the ASG have to be looking into this. Right???

If LD is true to his word with our offensive plan then Craw may not "fit" here as much as he did last year. Even though he has better vision than I thought, in no way his he a movement offensive player. Trade him and let's get some true all star talent here or at least a legit big.

If we trade for Melo, an extension is a must.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Sam Amonica (not sure if i spelt it right) on twitter said we are confident a extension will be reached

Here's Sam Amico's tweet from early this morning:

"Hawks not worried about Jamal Crawford-seeking-trade report. They will offer him extension next week, and confident agreement will follow."

~lw3

Nobody knows what pao gasol type of deals will be made available mid season this year for salary relief. The lakers got that guy for peanuts at the time.

If I'm the owner and sund walks into my office approaching me with an extension for crawford I fire him on the spot.

Craw's deal is just too valuable at this point even if your intent is to hang onto the guy.

Afterall how many teams will have the 10 mil in capspace to sign him outright next summer and of those very few how many will be willing to offer him that kind of money?

Crawford is a nice player but his contract and maybe marvin may net us a major player this season.

No way I extend crawford even if he is in my longterm plans. The hawks have all the leverage.

Afterall how many teams will have the 10 mil in capspace to sign him outright next summer and of those very few how many will be willing to offer him that kind of money?

A lot of teams will have cap space next offseason.

Who?

Nets, Wolves, Cavs, Pistons, Pacers, Grizzlies, Knicks, Thunder, Suns, Kings, and Wizards all will have around $10 million in space. So in other words, a lot.

Nets, Wolves, Cavs, Pistons, Pacers, Grizzlies, Knicks, Thunder, Suns, Kings, and Wizards all will have around $10 million in space. So in other words, a lot.

Thunder and suns are the only 2 that would realistically be after jamal.

I think the hawks would be fools to extend jamal before seeing what is offered their way.

If LD is true to his word with our offensive plan then Craw may not "fit" here as much as he did last year. Even though he has better vision than I thought, in no way his he a movement offensive player. Trade him and let's get some true all star talent here or at least a legit big.

That is rediculous. Jamal is motionable as any. He moves with and without the ball. He is a very offensive adaptable player. He Is A Baller. I say sign him, deal with next season at the appropiate time. At worst we can match an Al offer. Thinking clearly Al may not be as a keeper as some suppose. Like all players, he has trade value. I would not shoot us in the foot this season worrying about what might be next summer. Signing Jamal is more important than not having him and keeping Marvin. The move is for Marvin not losing Jamal.

That is rediculous. Jamal is motionable as any. He moves with and without the ball. He is a very offensive adaptable player. He Is A Baller. I say sign him, deal with next season at the appropiate time. At worst we can match an Al offer. Thinking clearly Al may not be as a keeper as some suppose. Like all players, he has trade value. I would not shoot us in the foot this season worrying about what might be next summer. Signing Jamal is more important than not having him and keeping Marvin. The move is for Marvin not losing Jamal.

Yeah he moves WITHOUT the ball but once he gets the ball the ball stops. Hence, the "motion" stops. Hence his being so good in an iso heavy offense. Hence why it is far from "rediculous." Look I like Craw, alot, but I still say his numbers go down if he has to pass tha ball after he recieves it. Not rocket science here.