• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jamal Wants Out

MaceCase

Crawford will be 32 when he is a free agent..............I think he knows his expiring contract will be shopped and this way he can tell himself they are shopping him simply b/c he told them too..................even though they would have shopped any 32 year old with an expiring contract any way.

Crawford will be 32 when he is a free agent..............I think he knows his expiring contract will be shopped and this way he can tell himself they are shopping him simply b/c he told them too..................even though they would have shopped any 32 year old with an expiring contract any way.

Crawford just turned 30 years old in march . .......

I don't get the trade request, going to another team wont necessarily guarantee him an extension if that's his ultimate goal. Does he want to be featured more (starting) to eek out a bigger contract? Debatable considering that he had a career year not being the sole focal point. Ah well, any drama in a rather slow summer is appreciated.

Broussard chimes in.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5504907

The sides are scheduled to meet next week and if the Hawks do not make Crawford a reasonable offer, he will ask to be traded, according to sources. Crawford is looking for a three- or four-year extension worth about the same annual amount he will make this season.

GTFO.

I don't get the trade request, going to another team wont necessarily guarantee him an extension if that's his ultimate goal. Does he want to be featured more (starting) to eek out a bigger contract? Debatable considering that he had a career year not being the sole focal point. Ah well, any drama in a rather slow summer is appreciated.

which should tell you the rumor is bogus . A trade guarantees him nothing and I seriously doubt Crawford would say yeah its okay trade me to the the Nets or the Twolves because they will give me an extension and miss the playoffs the rest of his career .

Now does that mean his agent is not pushing hard for him an extension ? NO Im pretty sure Im sure he is... any good agent would but Crawford is not going to ask out it does him no good .

I told you all I was right! I brought this up about 3 weeks ago when I saw Sekou Smith at a Kroger store by my house and he told me it was going to happen. trade him for a center and lets move on

• Like 1

I told you all I was right! I brought this up about 3 weeks ago when I saw Sekou Smith at a Kroger store by my house and he told me it was going to happen. trade him for a center and lets move on

Kudos My Man, and anyone against Jamal and Bibby for Billups and JR Smith????? I Would be thrilled !!!!!

• Premium Member

For all we know, somebody from fan house was lurking and you are the source..

jamal/marvin for melo....gives them a young sf talent and a huge expiring to cut money...they can have bibby to and give us billups...that way they can cut lots of money since they don't wanna keep billups on without melo

they can rebuild and at least have marvin as a piece

we'd have 3 all-stars in our starting lineup, 1 ex-allstar and a potential all-star: billups/jj/melo/smoove/horford

our bench would be light with zaza/teague/jordan craw/mo unless teague/jordan craw step up this year

• Like 2

... well, IMO Marvin and Jamal's exp. contract should be enough to get Melo!

Hawks have a very simple situation to deal with... We need financial flexibility to sign Horford long-term and Crawford (although I like the guy) simply has to be moved (we have JC2 to fill the gap).

Realisticaly, I was expecting some kind of a trade be the All-Star break... but right now, with new circumstances (Melo on the market), we need to be active and try to get as much value as we can in return for Craw...

As Great as all of these ideas for us to trade for melo, swish, billups etc. this is a trade that is more likely

Pacers get- Jamal Crawford

Hawks get- James Posey, D. Jones

Would make us a much better defensive team,(player that has won championships in Posey) but hurt us on offense, but hopefully with the new offense Marvin and others will score more...

• Moderators

Why do I get the feeling that, when you trace back each of the sources' sources... all paths will lead you back to a casual conversation outside a Kroger in Smyrna?

I suppose we'll know more in the coming weeks when either (a) the Hawks offer the extension (as per Sam Amico) or (b) Jamal or his agent (Aaron Goodwin, who did a great job with Durant's negotiations) responds when no such offer is made.

~lw3

Jamal/Marvin plus a 1st for Melo works... I think this is as good of a deal is they can get. They want cap relief, young players, and picks.

We give them a massive expiring contract (who happened to score 18 points/game last year), a young player who people feel like has a lot of potential, and a first rounder.

Am I being too much of a homer here?

EDIT: Just saw that somebody else proposed this as well (minus the 1st)....

Edited by ryandauwalker