• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Assuming the game isn't blacked out

WraithSentinel

• Premium Member

Bad game but, I can't wait to see Jordan Crawford in a real game, he lit it up tonight!

I hope that LD gives Crawford a real shot at developing as a point guard. He appears to have the vision, speed and instincts to be a good back up point guard.

• Premium Member

I hope that LD gives Crawford a real shot at developing as a point guard. He appears to have the vision, speed and instincts to be a good back up point guard.

Actually he has the speed and instincts to be a STARTING shooting guard.

• Premium Member

Actually he has the speed and instincts to be a STARTING shooting guard.

He looks like a facilitator to me! Gets into the lane and makes the right pass all game. Sets defenders up beautifully. A perfect example was on the fast break when he passed to Joe after drawing the defender to him. He made it look effortless!

• Premium Member
There energy wasn’t there' date=' the intensity wasn’t there.[/quote']

It's truly mind boggling that after all these years this team hasn't learned that giving 80% is not going to cut it. Screwing up a defensive assignment or missing a easy play is forgivable but lack of effort should be a deadly sin. Even with a short roster there's no excuse for this. But no need to worry Hawks fans....it's only preseason.

the first 'there' is not a typo. that's the actual quote from AJC.com

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

I think the only person trying out there was JC2. The rest of the team loafed their way through most of the game. They hardly made an attempt to play defense.

I'm guessing this is because this was a preseason game. There's been a lot of talk about "intensity" and "playing with a chip on their shoulders" since the Magic series last year. I sure didn't see it in this game though.

• Like 1

The people fighting for a roster spot or for playtime are giving 100% as you would expect. These games don't matter at all to the veterans- I don't see why anyone would expect them to put the same effort in a meaningless preseason game as they would in a regular season game.

The people fighting for a roster spot or for playtime are giving 100% as you would expect. These games don't matter at all to the veterans- I don't see why anyone would expect them to put the same effort in a meaningless preseason game as they would in a regular season game.

True, true. I expect them to come out swinging when the season starts but this was still painful to watch.... especially on the defensive end.

I stopped watching in the 4th quarter and just checked the box scores. JC's stat line is pretty darn good. His shooting %'s are great. 65% FG and 75% 3Pt.

• Premium Member

pssst: it's pre-season

Sultan, Too many people has forgotten the Dion Glover and the Marvin Williams of Summer League and Preseason. Those guys had good offseasons. Glover was player of the year in the revue. The point is that when the real games start is when we will see the real Hawks.

• Premium Member

Sultan, Too many people has forgotten the Dion Glover and the Marvin Williams of Summer League and Preseason. Those guys had good offseasons. Glover was player of the year in the revue. The point is that when the real games start is when we will see the real Hawks.

No I haven't forgotten. In fact, I remember both of those guys LIVING at the free throw line during preseason and Summer League. JC2 doesn't do that. He flat out scores the ball. There's no comparison between these situations other than the setting.

exactly D. I'm amazed when the 6th man of the year is basically considered expendable because a rookie is leading the team in Pre-season scoring. Let's see him do it when there is an actual game plan. I want to see how this plays out if Joe plays his full compliment of minutes with the other starters and closers.

• Premium Member

Complain when a Hawk does poorly..Discount him when he does well! That my friend is a no win situation. Summer league games and pre-season games are totally different. What people were noticing about Crawford2 is his skill level and comfort out on the court not his results. If this we AC Law or Sheldon Williams 3 years ago you would have started 5-6 thread already praising Them. But anyway, nothing new here!