• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JC2 could lead NBA in pre-season scoring

jerrywest

JC2 is #3 in scoring in the pre-season (10/12/10). If Amare & Carmelo score 20 points in their next game JC2 will lead the NBA in scoring. I know it’s a meaningless pre-season stat, but what was the Las Vegas odd on that?

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Scoring.jsp?league=00&season=12010&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=Y&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=

If Marvin had done that, Diesel would have moved to Tibet.

• Premium Member

This is usually how you respond to something unlikely to happen. You apply some ridiculous contingency to it. The fact is that Marvin couldn't do it. He was too busy idolizing Salim's work ethic at the time. But I guess it's nice to dream!

:bedtime2: .

• Like 1

• Premium Member

JC2 is #3 in scoring in the pre-season (10/12/10). If Amare & Carmelo score 20 points in their next game JC2 will lead the NBA in scoring. I know it’s a meaningless pre-season stat, but what was the Las Vegas odd on that?

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Scoring.jsp?league=00&season=12010&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=Y&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=

This needs to be said: JC2 is a beast!!!! This guy has impressed me more than any draft pick we've had since I can remember. i can't believe this guy was available at #24. When he came out, I thought of him more as a pure scorer than a true combo guard. He's proven to be more than just a gunner with his ability to draw the defense and find open teammates. His only weaknesses are defense and experience. I know some question his shot selection, but a scorer shoots until he gets hot. I know it's just preseason, but this kid's game and mentality makes me think he can be a star in this league.

• Premium Member

I think he has great potential, but lets not get carried away here. lets wait until the real game starts before we start making crazy comments

But when was the last time one of our "potential" guys played like Crawford has so far? I'm looking more at his style of play than the level of competition. I'm tired of the Hawks drafting guys and being a little let down by their play and/or demeanor, preseason or not. JC2 has an attack mentality and a knack for putting the ball in the hole. If ANY of our other former lottery picks played like this during Summer League or preseason, everyone would be going crazy right now. How can anyone NOT be excited about a late first rounder playing like this?

It's funny that ESPN has not mentioned Jordan Crawford. I was watching ESPN today, and it had 'The Great Wall', and all it was, was John Wall highlights. It's pathetic. Jordan scored 30 points with awesome FG% and had 2 less assist than wall, and ESPN don't give him recognition. Typical ESPN. SMH :beathorse:

Anyways, I've been saying all long that Jordan Crawford was the steal of the draft. Before the draft started, Jordan Crawford was the one who I wanted to see the Hawks get. Sure enough, we did. Show them what you got JC2.

Edited by AHawks89

<br />If ANY of our other former lottery picks played like this during Summer League or preseason, everyone would be going crazy right now. How can anyone NOT be excited about a late first rounder playing like this?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Forget about our former lottery picks' rookie year stats. Even if Horford/Marvin/Shelden/Acie/Chillz were scoring as well as JC2 this pre-season, we would have been very happy. See, how unlikely it was to expect JC2 to be such a high scorer?

This is usually how you respond to something unlikely to happen. You apply some ridiculous contingency to it. The fact is that Marvin couldn't do it. He was too busy idolizing Salim's work ethic at the time. But I guess it's nice to dream!

:bedtime2: .

As much as I get on you about your Marvin hating, this was hilarious.

But when was the last time one of our "potential" guys played like Crawford has so far? I'm looking more at his style of play than the level of competition. I'm tired of the Hawks drafting guys and being a little let down by their play and/or demeanor, preseason or not. JC2 has an attack mentality and a knack for putting the ball in the hole. If ANY of our other former lottery picks played like this during Summer League or preseason, everyone would be going crazy right now. How can anyone NOT be excited about a late first rounder playing like this?

The scary thing is . . . Jordan ALREADY has "the dog" that the coaches want Teague to have. But I think some of the fans, and definitely Drew, are afraid to admit this, because it may hurt Teague's confidence.

I don't like Drew and his comments about "reigning him in". No. If you have a guy who can be that explosive of a scorer, there's no way in hell you reign him in. You let that dude "do what he do".

All I know . . is that Bibby still looks to be in decline. And while Teague looks better, he hasn't definitively proved that he should be the starting PG of this team either, seeing that he didn't run the squad at Wake Forest, nor did he do it with us last season, sans one great end of the season game.

And with Jamal being injured ( or playing 'possum ), I say let the kids battle it out. Whomever proves to be the better defender at the point, should start.

At the very least, I hope Jordan makes the services of Mo Evans no longer needed on this team. That way Jordan can get the 10 - 15 minutes that Mo was going to get.

PG: Teague ( 24 ) - Bibby ( 12 ) - Jordan ( 12 )

G: JJ ( 22 ) - Crawford ( 26 )

SF: Marvin ( 33 ) - JJ ( 15 )

Easy rotation at PG:

* Teague plays 1st 6 mins of the 1st and 3rd qtrs

* Bibby plays last 6 mins of the 1st and 3rd qtrs

* Jordan plays 1st 6 minutes of the 2nd and 4th qtrs

* Teague finishes off the 2nd and 4th quarter

* NOTE: if either Bibby or Jordan have it going, you extend their mins

• Premium Member

^^^^ Whatever happens, JC2 should get time this season. I still see him as a natural shooting guard so I don't think there should be any "PG controversy" between him and Teague. Now he does look capable of playing the point, but he has a scorer's mentality. I think his passing is based on his offensive ability. But his offensive ability is what impresses me so much. He makes scoring the ball look so easy, and that's something only few players have done as ROOKIES, and all of those players ended up being special. Dare I say that most of those players were lottery picks, accept for late picks like Michael Redd or Gilbert Arenas.

He makes passing look effortless! In fact he is a more natural passer than anyone on the team except Bibby.

If the guy has the skills and "The Dog", he needs to have the rock. I am of the mind to put your best 5 on the court, period. LD has said countless times that this offense is not point heavy. Meaning a "true point" is not necessary to run it. quote, "everyone on the court will initiate the offense". That being said, I'd be looking at a lineup of:

Jo Crawford

Ja Crawford

Joe

Josh

Al

That lineup is sure to disturb the senses. If Jordan is better than Jeff, so be it. Give the rook the rock.

• Premium Member

If the guy has the skills and "The Dog", he needs to have the rock. I am of the mind to put your best 5 on the court, period. LD has said countless times that this offense is not point heavy. Meaning a "true point" is not necessary to run it. quote, "everyone on the court will initiate the offense". That being said, I'd be looking at a lineup of:

Jo Crawford

Ja Crawford

Joe

Josh

Al

That lineup is sure to disturb the senses. If Jordan is better than Jeff, so be it. Give the rook the rock.

Defense and rebound count too! So i don't know what you are evaluating when you say best line up.

• Like 1

For now:

Teague

Joe

Marvin

Josh

Al

no matter what:

(???)

Joe

Marvin

Josh