• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Rumor with Pistons

MrNique

In a perfect world, Teague + Crawford for Stuckey + Prince. Throw in a second rounder for Detroit, and call it a day.

Why don't we ask for their first round pick next year while we're at it?

There is zero chance that we could get Stuckey without giving up a starter.

• Premium Member

Another SF? Check.

All NBA defensive player on the wing at that? Check

I like the trade because I think the team can score just fine without Jamal, Drew's system almost ensures that. We are and have been ranked amongst the top in the league in offense so I doubt one player leaving would tank that but Prince would definitely help our average ranked defense because he makes his mark on the one area we are weakest in which is the perimeter. I don't like the Bynum part though, for his production and contract you might as well keep Teague. If we could switch him out instead for Stuckey then that would be worth the 1 year rental and cap hit.

Now Prince+Stuckey would be a different story. Stuckey is already at odds with the head coach(as is half of the team) so him being on the block is a possibility. Whatever trade the Hawks are thinking about right now seems to involve a SF. However, if you're seriously considering trading Craw this early, I'd like to see some scoring punch coming back in return. Stuckey would give the team more offense than Bynum. It's either that or trade Craw straight up for a capable SF. I'm still for just signing some backup and keeping everybody at least until the trade deadline.

Why don't we ask for their first round pick next year while we're at it?

There is zero chance that we could get Stuckey without giving up a starter.

I doubt they even consider swapping 1st rounders. Their 1st is probably in the top 10. We may be able to get a lottery protected first in 2013 or something. Heck even a 2nd rounder next year would be nice.....itmay be in the 30's.

• Like 1

I doubt they even consider swapping 1st rounders. Their 1st is probably in the top 10. We may be able to get a lottery protected first in 2013 or something. Heck even a 2nd rounder next year would be nice.....itmay be in the 30's.

I was being sarcastic due to the mention of Stuckey who we have zero chance of getting. :slap1:

Now Prince+Stuckey would be a different story. Stuckey is already at odds with the head coach(as is half of the team) so him being on the block is a possibility. Whatever trade the Hawks are thinking about right now seems to involve a SF. However, if you're seriously considering trading Craw this early, I'd like to see some scoring punch coming back in return. Stuckey would give the team more offense than Bynum. It's either that or trade Craw straight up for a capable SF. I'm still for just signing some backup and keeping everybody at least until the trade deadline.

Yea that's why I mentioned Stuckey. He was benched starting in the game against us and he wasn't extended before the deadline which is odd because part of the whole Billups trade was that they thought Stuckey was their future starter at the position. Those two things lead me to believe that the franchise has soured on Stuck and don't see him on their roster past the season anyway.

I would be thrilled with Crawford for Prince straight up (and I'd throw in a 2nd since we don't use them anyway) but I'm not giving up Teague for Bynum. Bynum may be the better defender right now but he's less of a PG than Teague and he's not even as good of a shooter as Teague either. I like Teague a lot and think that he is showing signs of improvement and I really don't want to see us regret giving up on him too soon but I would be willing to do so if it meant getting us a quality starting PG but Bynum is not that guy and never will be.

• Like 2

I would be thrilled with Crawford for Prince straight up (and I'd throw in a 2nd since we don't use them anyway) but I'm not giving up Teague for Bynum. Bynum may be the better defender right now but he's less of a PG than Teague and he's not even as good of a shooter as Teague either. I like Teague a lot and think that he is showing signs of improvement and I really don't want to see us regret giving up on him too soon but I would be willing to do so if it meant getting us a quality starting PG but Bynum is not that guy and never will be.

agreed +1 no to trading teague away every game so far he has improved :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

• Like 1

• Moderators

Bear in mind as well that if the Pistons are even slightly smart they will be open to trades that tank their record this season while giving a little sizzle to the current roster. They aren't going anywhere and should be looking to the future.

• Premium Member

agreed +1 no to trading teague away every game so far he has improved :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Ok. I have to agree with this. Teague looks like an actual player unlike some of the guys that the Hawks gave up on in the past. In fact, I really wouldn't want to trade Craw if it wasn't for his contract situation. If he'd resign for a reasonable price, I say keep him. But I know that's just a pipe dream though.

i like the trade. but i'd hold out until we know we can't get melo. think it said trade couldn't happen till sometime in december, so that would give a little time to see how things are shaking out. we have to find a way to keep bibby and crawford from being on the court at the same time. maybe trading one of them is the only way this happens.