• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Im calling Marvin out.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I nominate this as the worst post of all time on Hawksquawk!! write%20a%20letter.gif

It's been three weeks dol.... That was not a three week fall. He got up and played more. I expected a week to a week and 1/2... But three weeks? This after possibly losing his starting spot and not being happy with it.... Come on. Does he even show up for the games?

Edited by Diesel

It's been three weeks dol.... That was not a three week fall. He got up and played more. I expected a week to a week and 1/2... But three weeks? This after possibly losing his starting spot and not being happy with it.... Come on. Does he even show up for the games?

Do you remember how long it's been since he had that hard fall earlier in the year? I don't know the exact amount of games but it hasn't been that long and that was a pretty brutal fall with the big man landing on him. And you can make light of this last one but he was a good 8' or more in the air and came straight down onto the hard court at on his back. I'm guessing that you've never had back problems before but anyone I've ever known that has them will tell you that they can be very hard to determine when they'll heal or even if they'll heal.

The TRUTH is that this was just another "clever" way for you to bash Marvin, because you haven't been able to since he hasn't been playing lately.

• Like 1

As poor of players as Mo and Twin are, I think they have a slightly more positive effect on the team against the overall pool of NBA teams when being distributed Marvin's minutes. All of the stars need to be aligned for Marvin to have a good night, Mo and Twin can kinda assess what is needed and work themselves into any game because frankly, they're more professional than Marvin is. They can fill in his little 8-10 points and 6 rebounds but also have two bodies to do the extra things that don't show up in the box score.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Do you remember how long it's been since he had that hard fall earlier in the year? I don't know the exact amount of games but it hasn't been that long and that was a pretty brutal fall with the big man landing on him. And you can make light of this last one but he was a good 8' or more in the air and came straight down onto the hard court at on his back. I'm guessing that you've never had back problems before but anyone I've ever known that has them will tell you that they can be very hard to determine when they'll heal or even if they'll heal.

The TRUTH is that this was just another "clever" way for you to bash Marvin, because you haven't been able to since he hasn't been playing lately.

Actually, i have had back problems. I have been SPEARED in the back by a guy running full speed at my back and my rehab on that took less than three weeks. Marvin must be terribly out of shape because I was more worried about him hurting his elbow or arm rather than back. Another thing is that the dreaded back injury is a favorite of athletes who are sulking. If he has a slipped disc say that. If he had a bad bruise (not 3 weeks) say that. However, just saying that his back hurts is something that Dr. Hayman would say take some advil and put some ice on it. Or alternate between Ice and heat.

• Premium Member

Lol...you know what? I can honestly see that Diesel. He didn't look THAT hurt after taking the fall, why is he out for three weeks, with no indication on when he would return? If Al comes back before him, I am going to LMAO.

Al will probably be back next game.

It's about Heart and Team.

Ok, the back injury.

The most easily disguised injury in basketball. What I mean is that nobody really can diagnose if your back is truly injured aside from you telling them. I think Marvin is faking it. I think he's pouting.

Did you see the fall...

On Dec 29 (last year), Marvin fell over A GS Warrior player and landed awkwardly (nothing new). He got up, played for a few more minutes and went out.

Now he's been out for 3 weeks. The fall wasn't that bad. He landed flat not twisted. I think he's pouting. Bring the flames.. but watch the video (around 1:14-1:23). You will see that Marvin didn't fall that badly that he's 3 weeks in. IF Marvin wants a trade, he should come out and ask for one.

Reading LD's comment on Marvin's injury...

"I haven't gotten any indication of when to expect him back," Hawks Coach Larry Drew said.

Really? That fall lead to unexpected return?

Call me what you will but this is the big todo in Atlanta... And guess what? we're still winning.

Unfortunately, we're coming up on the hard part of our season. If Marvin's not in then let's move him.

Seriously, you need to do something other than overanalyze the Hawks and post on this board. You're quickly becoming an Oliver Stone conspiracy theorist.

• Premium Member

:help wanted3:

Simple rule to live by: If you're not a doctor (and, even if you are a doctor, if you haven't examined the patient in question), don't "call out" players or medical staff on medical issues. The human body is a complicated thing. You have to do 12 years of science education, medical education, and medical training to become a doctor - and even then, you're only really qualified to practice one narrow field of medicine. Watching a tape, reading a newspaper article, and then opining on the seriousness of a player's injury is like watching a space shuttle launch, reading about it in the paper, and then opining on the piloting of the mission commander.

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

IDK....I actually was thinking the same last week when Nique and Bob quietly hinted that someone in the Hawks org was questioning Marv's injury. LD maybe???

also....

I think I have the conversion on DVR. If I still have it I'll post on utube and drop a link in this thread.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

I know, I know we all know this is D on the same trend here but I agree with him. Why is it taking Marvin so long to come back from what looked like a minor injury? Is there something else going on that we don't know about?

More interesting is LD saying I have been given no indication on when he is coming back. Also, I don't remember seeing Marvin on the bench. Is he traveling with the team or is he snowed in?

Seriously, you need to do something other than overanalyze the Hawks and post on this board. You're quickly becoming an Oliver Stone conspiracy theorist.

Deac... Sometimes when you see smoke there is a fire.

Please tell me you are joking. I've hurt my back playing tennis where there was no fall at all. I won the match and just felt a little sore afterward like I needed to do some stretching. Then I couldn't even walk the next day when I woke up to play the next round of playoffs. It would have been ridiculous to do surgery- then it was just a matter of waiting for my back to feel better. Looking at a tape and deciding that someone isn't having back issues just because you hate them is absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by spotatl

• Premium Member

I don't think anyone doubts that Marvin was hurt. I think many doubt that Marvin is still hurt.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

I don't think anyone doubts that Marvin was hurt, I think many doubt that Marvin is still hurt.

And the basis for that doubt is...what exactly? "I got a boo-boo on my back once and it wasn't that bad?" Or "I know it wasn't that bad because I saw it on tee vee?"

• Moderators

Back injuries are one of the toughest to define a clear "recovery" timeline and are one of the most subject to recurrence. I don't think anyone can do anything as far as opining on the condition of Marvin's back that isn't wild speculation except the people with access to his actual medical info (which as far as I know is none of us).

While I am ready to criticize Marvin for a lot of things, I am not ready to accuse him of faking an injury when there is nothing but speculation of fans to substantiate it.

Why wouldn't he want to play? He was playing really consistently before he went down. He was putting up 15-16 a game and was shooting over 50 percent plus rebounding well and hitting his free throws/3pts. If he was sucking I would definitely understand. Why now?

That fall looked pretty bad to me. Marvin is not a small guy.

I think many doubt that Marvin is still hurt.

If a guy is feuding with a coach then I could see speculating that he is faking an injury. IF he were tryign to force a trade then I can see it. But seriously... other than blind hatred what possible reason do people have for thinking he would fake it?

Edited by spotatl