• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Im calling Marvin out.

Diesel

• Premium Member

If a guy is feuding with a coach then I could see speculating that he is faking an injury. IF he were tryign to force a trade then I can see it. But seriously... other than blind hatred what possible reason do people have for thinking he would fake it?

My guess is that is what is going on behind the scenes. Marvin wants to start and LD has told him they are sticking with the big lineup for good. Marvin doesn't like that so his back still hurts three weeks later. I'm not saying that is what is going on but I do think it is likely.

With how clumsy Marvin is , he might have re-injured himself at home.

My guess would be that Marvin's parents bought him a

Xbox kinect or Wii for Christmas, and Marvin re-injured his

back while playing virtual ping pong in the basement.

• Premium Member

:cant believe: :shake_puter: :help wanted3: @ this thread.

...Also, breaking news: Diesel calls out Marvin! In other news, Japan bombed Pearl Harbor.

Didn't mean to -1 this post, so if someone could cancel me out, I'd appreciate it.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Dude that's lame. Where were you calling out Jamal for sitting with a bad back? You want to give him $10 million. Here's the video of Jamal hurting his back. Tell me if this looks serious:

:rap:

"For the second consecutive game, Hawks guard Jamal Crawford sat out with a back injury.

Crawford, who has been having back problems dating to the preseason, said he reaggravated the injury Tuesday in the Hawks' loss to Detroit and was unable to lift his arms above his head. He sat out the Hawks' loss Thursday to Boston. Coach Larry Drew said he was told by trainer Wally Blase that it was a problem with a disc.

"I think I did a funny movement or something," Crawford said of the injury.

Crawford called it a day-to-day injury. He hoped to return to the lineup either for Sunday's game at New Jersey or Monday's game against Orlando at the latest."

• Premium Member

Back injuries are one of the toughest to define a clear "recovery" timeline and are one of the most subject to recurrence. I don't think anyone can do anything as far as opining on the condition of Marvin's back that isn't wild speculation except the people with access to his actual medical info (which as far as I know is none of us).

While I am ready to criticize Marvin for a lot of things, I am not ready to accuse him of faking an injury when there is nothing but speculation of fans to substantiate it.

True. Speculative. However, three weeks and no timeline as to when he is expected back for a fall that he jumped up from and played a few more minutes. Now I don't doubt that the next day was probably painful and maybe even a few days after that, but let's not contend that this sort of back injury is something that is has vague diagnosis. Give him a brace. Ice and heat. Let him ride a bike. My point is that Marvin has pulled a vanishing act and this time it's not just on the floor, it's from the team. Larry Bird, who had Chronic back problems and the surgery to prove it, never spentthree weeks down before his surgery. There was less technology then.

Now if Marvin's back is to the level of Bird's... Say something. But I think it's something more.

Dude that's lame. Where were you calling out Jamal for sitting with a bad back? You want to give him $10 million. Here's the video of Jamal hurting his back. Tell me if this looks serious:

:rap:

Jamal didn't sit for 3 weeks with no set date to come back.

1) Stinger first reported when he went down that he reaggravated a previous back injury.

2) We rarely have injured guys travel with the team as some sort of Andy Reid policy. People questioned Joe's leadership with the same bull s*** conspiracy theory last year when he didn't show up either. We've been on the road without Zaza and Jamal too this year.

• Premium Member

Let's not act like guys don't fake injuries. Not saying Marv is doing this but I wouldn't be shocked if he was. Two Names: Gilbert and Vince Carter.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

1) Stinger first reported when he went down that he reaggravated a previous back injury.

2) We rarely have injured guys travel with the team as some sort of Andy Reid policy. People questioned Joe's leadership with the same bull s*** conspiracy theory last year when he didn't show up either. We've been on the road without Zaza and Jamal too this year.

Williams fell hard to the floor during the Hawks' victory against Golden State on Wednesday and sustained what the team said is a bruise. Hawks coach Larry Drew said an MRI on Thursday showed no further damage.

• Moderators

Let's not act like guys don't fake injuries. Not saying Marv is doing this but I wouldn't be shocked if he was. Two Names: Gilbert and Vince Carter.

They faked injuries when they very publicly wanted to put pressure on their teams to trade them. If that is Marvin's goal, he needs to hire a publicist.

If that theory is correct, maybe Diesel is his co-conspirator trying to draw attention to the "injury" and pressure the team to let him go!

Edited by AHF

• Premium Member

They faked injuries when they very publicly wanted to put pressure on their teams to trade them. If that is Marvin's goal, he needs to hire a publicist.

If that theory is correct, maybe Diesel is his co-conspirator trying to draw attention to the "injury" and pressure the team to let him go!

What is the relationship between Marvin and LD?

I don't think it's a close one.

Williams fell hard to the floor during the Hawks' victory against Golden State on Wednesday and sustained what the team said is a bruise. Hawks coach Larry Drew said an MRI on Thursday showed no further damage.

Your point? MRI showed no fractures or tears but that still leaves the original contusion and strains but of course the great athlete and doctor Diesel downplays such folly.

• Moderators

What is the relationship between Marvin and LD?

I don't think it's a close one.

I have no idea. Marvin clearly isn't a "favorite child" like was of BK's but that doesn't translate into anything negative. I am hoping he gets healthy and continues where he left off.

• Moderators

True. Speculative. However, three weeks and no timeline as to when he is expected back for a fall that he jumped up from and played a few more minutes. Now I don't doubt that the next day was probably painful and maybe even a few days after that, but let's not contend that this sort of back injury is something that is has vague diagnosis. Give him a brace. Ice and heat. Let him ride a bike. My point is that Marvin has pulled a vanishing act and this time it's not just on the floor, it's from the team. Larry Bird, who had Chronic back problems and the surgery to prove it, never spentthree weeks down before his surgery. There was less technology then.

Now if Marvin's back is to the level of Bird's... Say something. But I think it's something more.

Jamal didn't sit for 3 weeks with no set date to come back.

Jamal was out 10 days and he had no set date to come back. How can you set a date on your back feeling better? But the point is Jamal missed 10 days because he 'made a funny movement'. You're dogging Marvin for missing 3 weeks when he actually fell on his back?? Where's the logic in that?