• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stephen Curry on the block!?!?

warcore

No one would take Marvin unless for a similar ugly contract, specially rebuilding teams. Stop dreaming. They don't even need a SF, they have Dorell Wright who's playing better than Marvin for half the $.

Josh Smith isn't the post presence they're looking for so stop it too.

I bet they would use Curry to dump Biedrins for expirings & picks if that "superstar" doesn't appear & they are lottery bound close to the deadline. In that case Jamal's contract + picks would do it but.......NEXT YEAR WE WILL BE PAYING THE TAX. In situations like that my hate for the ASG peaks.

To get a talent and impact player like Curry ... you are going to have to give something of value

Smith/Teague for Beans/Curry works on Espn trade Machine

We get a center who can rebound and a all star potential pg who can shoot and distribute.

GS allows Lee to move to center and get Smith who would do well in their running system. Also Teague might flourish in a new address.

We are more balanced too

THANK YOU! Someone who understands how things go.

Marvin Williams is worthless and has no value unless for another bad contract!

• Premium Member

The guy is a tweener that's a poor defender. I'd still take him over Teague though.

Curry is a player that I would trade Smoove for.....of course we have to get back Bedrins for salaries to work and to get us some shot blocking.

I think Sund would pull the trigger on Smoove / Teague for Curry / Bedrins in a heartbeat.

Is that what the Warriors want ? They have David Lee at PF already but their current backcourt combo lacks defense at SG.

• Like 1

If they are holding out for a top 10 player as suggested earlier in the thread, they will be waiting for a long, long time. Curry is nice but he isn't near top 10 level.

They have a shot at CP3, if they can trade AB for someone who under contract for this season and expiring next year with the same figures, they can trade, Curry, Udoh, Bell, bigger expiring and draft picks for CP3 and Okafor. They have the cap to take on Okafor contract. They would have:

CP3

Monta

Wright

Lee

Okafor

Wright off the bench

draft pick from 2011.

That's a top 3 PG, top 5 SG, top 10 PF, and top 15 Center and all are really young. Not too bad and it's possible they are the leaders looking at other teams in the mix. They have to find someone who would take AB for two less seasons. If we trade for a starting PG and retain Bibby, I think AB for Bibby/Evans is a probability. They would really need someone with an expiring if they are in the hunt for CP3. I don't think AB contract plus is a negative value would move the needle.

Hawks/Warriors trade:

GS/ATL

Umm yeah. New Orleans is not trading Paul for Stephen Curry. I don't know where you heard that one but it's never going to happen.

It's a possibility in 2011-12. Especially if he doesn't sign an extension.

What are your options for New Orleans?

Houston

Dallas

New York

New Jersey

Detroit

They have to get value and CP3 needs to sign an ext. They have a shot at CP3 especially when you look at the other options. He's not Deron where you sit on because you know you have a great organization or Orlando where their player is too valuable. He can be moved like Melo.

• Moderators

They have a shot at CP3, if they can trade AB for someone who under contract for this season and expiring next year with the same figures, they can trade, Curry, Udoh, Bell, bigger expiring and draft picks for CP3 and Okafor. They have the cap to take on Okafor contract. They would have:

CP3

Monta

Wright

Lee

Okafor

Wright off the bench

draft pick from 2011.

That's a top 3 PG, top 5 SG, top 10 PF, and top 15 Center and all are really young. Not too bad and it's possible they are the leaders looking at other teams in the mix. They have to find someone who would take AB for two less seasons. If we trade for a starting PG and retain Bibby, I think AB for Bibby/Evans is a probability. They would really need someone with an expiring if they are in the hunt for CP3. I don't think AB contract plus is a negative value would move the needle.

Hawks/Warriors trade:

GS/ATL

That is fantasy stuff right there. Paul isn't even on the block. The NBA just announced that New Orleans met its attendance figures with recent improved attendance so the team is the for the next year (at least) and they aren't looking to move the guy who is leading them into the playoffs. With the NBA trying to improve attendance in New Orleans, it would be insane to deal Paul - especially when they will probably be able to use a franchise tag or some other mechanism in the next CBA to keep him indefinitely.

That is fantasy stuff right there. Paul isn't even on the block. The NBA just announced that New Orleans met its attendance figures with recent improved attendance so the team is the for the next year (at least) and they aren't looking to move the guy who is leading them into the playoffs. With the NBA trying to improve attendance in New Orleans, it would be insane to deal Paul - especially when they will probably be able to use a franchise tag or some other mechanism in the next CBA to keep him indefinitely.

There won't be a franchise tag or then there would be hold outs. The NBA is star based so holdouts just like the franchise tag will be a no go. Big time players leaving small teams has always happened in the NBA. It's just now the best player left his team and now it's a problem. lol.

• Moderators

There won't be a franchise tag or then there would be hold outs. The NBA is star based so holdouts just like the franchise tag will be a no go. Big time players leaving small teams has always happened in the NBA. It's just now the best player left his team and now it's a problem. lol.

I think it is more a problem that owners are losing control of their teams. It isn't just Lebron playing this game right now.

Bosh did it.

Carmelo is doing it.

Deron is suggesting he might do it.

Paul has suggested he will do it.

Even guys for model franchises are putting their teams through turmoil - remember Kobe's trade demands to the Lakers?

It is the exception to the rule if a young superstar isn't holding his team hostage. That is why Durant looks so good to fans compared to guys who are ready to say "Goooo Superfriends, yeah!" with their player-driven agenda.

I don't know that we will see the franchise tags, but I do think owners will take more control with the next CBA. You saw a first step of that with Mikhael up in Jersey saying, "Nyet" when the Carmelo drama was making his team look weak and desperate.

You can't have owners on the hook for massively overpaid contracts and then at the player's mercy to be crapped on like Lebron did to the team by stringing them along and preventing them from making moves in their long-term interest. Instead, they sacrificed their long-term health to try to satisfy him and ended up devastated in every sense of the word when he left. If it isn't a franchise tag, I expect additional incentives for a star to resign with their own team and less guaranteed money for the Eddy Curry's of the world.