• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stephen Curry on the block!?!?

warcore

Curry and Biedrins is only 11.7 million in salaries. I don't know what kind of superstar they're expecting...

Smith/Teague/1st for Curry/Biedrins looks pretty competitive to me.

Curry is a potential #1 option but he can't create for others and his defense is worst than Bibby. I am v. all trades that involve Smith for much lesser players.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Curry is a potential #1 option but he can't create for others and his defense is worst than Bibby. I am v. all trades that involve Smith for much lesser players.

I would trade Al Horford for Curry...and throw in a little to boot.

A quality PG would do us a world of good IMO. Horford isn't doing us any good watching our chuckers and tying to get the occasional rebound....send him west and get a quality PG that can make us a real team.

• Like 1

Did anyone else see it? They said Warriors owner is disappointed with his play this season and is looking to trade. Wilbon and I-forget-his-name both agreed it makes a lot of sense that he gets traded.

Get on the phone now Sund!! :conversation: this could finally solve our pg issues for years to come!!

I'd do a Smoove, Marvins nasty contract, Zaza and his contract for a Steph Curry & Biedrins type deal.

If I could curse you out I would!!!! NO WAY IN HELL I TRADE JOSH FOR CURRY, THAT'S COMPLETE ASININE!!!!! I HATE U I HATE I HATE U I HATE U!!!!

YOU WILL NEVER BE AN NBA GM AND IF YOU WERE YOU WOULD BE FIRED WITHIN 3 MONTH BECAUSE IT WOULD BE CLEAR YOUR MENTALLY RETARDED!!!!

Quick edit: I just read a certain personal message and I find it funny that one can't express his/her opinion without it considered too hostile. therefore here is a quick disclaimer:

-No I don't literally hate him or think he's mental, it's a figure of speech I chose to use to express disgust, nothing more.

A normal person would even consider this to be a joke knowing I wasn't serious but you can never be too careful:)* (sigh)

Edited by GABALLA
  • Like 1

I would trade Al Horford for Curry...and throw in a little to boot.

A quality PG would do us a world of good IMO. Horford isn't doing us any good watching our chuckers and tying to get the occasional rebound....send him west and get a quality PG that can make us a real team.

WHY!? SERIOUSLY!?

WHY!? SERIOUSLY!?

Well maybe not Horford...but you gotta send somebody to get somebody. We have simply missed out on all the top-notch young PGs.

CP3..Rondo..Rose..Deron....even DJ Augustin-types.

The other guys who are really good...Nash, Parker, Westbrook, Hariis, Calderon,...even T.J Ford and Felton - play elsewhere.

I love Steph and would love to see him get away from Monta Ellis. Joe is less prone to force his way to the hoop and more likely to look for Steph than Ellis, which would be great because all 3 of his shooting percentages dwarf both Joe's and Jamal's. Steph isn't the best defender by any stretch, but he at least has the skills and physical tools to improve, which Bibby doesn't at his ripe age. But of course it's a pipe dream. After last night, we see how serious this franchise is about winning and being relevant.

If I could curse you out I would!!!! NO WAY IN HELL I TRADE JOSH FOR CURRY, THAT'S COMPLETE ASININE!!!!! I HATE U I HATE I HATE U I HATE U!!!!

YOU WILL NEVER BE AN NBA GM AND IF YOU WERE YOU WOULD BE FIRED WITHIN 3 MONTH BECAUSE IT WOULD BE CLEAR YOUR MENTALLY RETARDED!!!!

Wow. You sir, are a jackass. You have no idea who I am or what I do for a living and you are able to decide my level of intelligence? Whatever - I don't have time to waste on idiots like you who are probably going nowhere in life.

Back to the point on hand - we clearly need a PG. He happens to be one with great shooting and overall scoring ability that is very quick, thus won't get beat by every other starting pg like bibby does, and he also gets you steals. Don't get me wrong, Josh is my favorite player on this club. BUT, we have 2 Allstar PFs and the worst PG rotation in the NBA. It's called balancing your roster to make the team better. Not to mention - Steph has potential to be more of an impact player than Smith.

Also - if we can rid ourselves of a bad contract like Marv/Zaza we would be free financially to resign Jamal and have money in a couple years to lock up Steph Curry long term and be a competitor for the entire decade.... I believe they have some expirings (Gadz?) to make a trade work.

• Like 1

... first, it would be great to land Curry! There's the kid with tons of potential, who just happens to fit in perfectly with the make-up of our team...

Critics who are sayin' he's been a disapointment this year, must think better and realize that he's been playin' alongside Ellis, while trying to run that team (someone has to!)...

As some posters already mentioned, GS is supposedly after Melo... although they're chances are slim at best!

That leaves us with a question... what do we have to do to get him?

I would love to get Curry without loosing Smoove, Al or JJ... How about Marvin, Teague, Jamal (exp.) and a 1st rounder?

• Admin

... first, it would be great to land Curry! There's the kid with tons of potential, who just happens to fit in perfectly with the make-up of our team...

Critics who are sayin' he's been a disapointment this year, must think better and realize that he's been playin' alongside Ellis, while trying to run that team (someone has to!)...

As some posters already mentioned, GS is supposedly after Melo... although they're chances are slim at best!

That leaves us with a question... what do we have to do to get him?

I would love to get Curry without loosing Smoove, Al or JJ... How about Marvin, Teague, Jamal (exp.) and a 1st rounder?

To get a talent and impact player like Curry ... you are going to have to give something of value

Smith/Teague for Beans/Curry works on Espn trade Machine

We get a center who can rebound and a all star potential pg who can shoot and distribute.

GS allows Lee to move to center and get Smith who would do well in their running system. Also Teague might flourish in a new address.

We are more balanced too

To get a talent and impact player like Curry ... you are going to have to give something of value

Smith/Teague for Beans/Curry works on Espn trade Machine

We get a center who can rebound and a all star potential pg who can shoot and distribute.

GS allows Lee to move to center and get Smith who would do well in their running system. Also Teague might flourish in a new address.

We are more balanced too

I understand that it would probably take more to get Curry, but our initial offer shouldn't include any of our core players (Smoove, Al, JJ)... Remember that Sund worked out good deal with GS before (Crawford)... Who knows...

I have read that GS wants Melo. Denver would be lucky to get a player like Curry

Melo? Not that I'm doubting what you read, but I'm wondering why in the hell GS would want Carmelo Anthony, unless they were planning on acquiring him and then turning right around and trading him at the deadline? They certainly wouldn't be acquiring him to give them some kind of boost for the playoffs, as it currently stands they are 19-23 and in 11th place out West. Even if Carmelo were able to elevate their level of play enough to get them up to an 8th or 7th seed, what would be the point, because they'd only be getting whacked by the Lakers or Spurs. And obviously Carmelo would not re-sign there, so I wouldn't see the point in them trading for him to begin with. That would just be very strange.

I read somewhere they want an impact player, but the owner talking all that ish specifically mentioned that they were not going after melo, as they believe he will be going elsewhere.

what their gm had to say was this:

(GM Larry)Riley said the production of guards Monta Ellis and Stephen Curry outweighs their defensive inefficiencies. The duo is the top scoring backcourt in the league and each ranks among the top five in steals, but they often are at a height and/or strength disadvantage.....

One way to make up for the mismatch is to have a rim protector behind the guards. With center Andris Biedrins' inconsistency, Riley said he would like to add a shot-blocker who also provides low-post scoring.

"I wouldn't mind adding another strong player," Riley said. "Some strength or length would be helpful to us. We'll continue to look in those areas as we go through February."

LINK

sounds like they are trying to keep ellis and curry, but trying to find a shot-blocker through trading away their expiring contracts [center Dan Gadzuric ($7.25 million) and forwards Vladimir Radmanovic ($6.88 million) and Brandan Wright ($3.34 million)].

Sounds to me like Josh Smith.

Smoove for Curry + one of their expiring contracts?

Wow. You sir, are a jackass. You have no idea who I am or what I do for a living and you are able to decide my level of intelligence? Whatever - I don't have time to waste on idiots like you who are probably going nowhere in life.

Back to the point on hand - we clearly need a PG. He happens to be one with great shooting and overall scoring ability that is very quick, thus won't get beat by every other starting pg like bibby does, and he also gets you steals. Don't get me wrong, Josh is my favorite player on this club. BUT, we have 2 Allstar PFs and the worst PG rotation in the NBA. It's called balancing your roster to make the team better. Not to mention - Steph has potential to be more of an impact player than Smith.

Also - if we can rid ourselves of a bad contract like Marv/Zaza we would be free financially to resign Jamal and have money in a couple years to lock up Steph Curry long term and be a competitor for the entire decade.... I believe they have some expirings (Gadz?) to make a trade work.

no it's called a stupid trade, plain and simple. No way I trade Josh or Al for him when I could probably do it for less, if not then I'm not trading. I like the way you say that I don't know you so there is no way I can figure your level of intelligence then in the same sentence you call me an idiot and say I'm going no where in life. LMFAO!! you should reread my post buddy lol.

no it's called a stupid trade, plain and simple. No way I trade Josh or Al for him when I could probably do it for less, if not then I'm not trading. I like the way you say that I don't know you so there is no way I can figure your level of intelligence then in the same sentence you call me an idiot and say I'm going no where in life. LMFAO!! you should reread my post buddy lol.

its actually not a bad trade. You get a good young player at a position of need while sacrificing a good young player who doesn't fill as large as a need.

Idk why most people on here don't like josh, his versatility on this team is needed next to Horford. He can play the 3 and 4 and his jump shot is streaky he jus needs work on it. I believe we could sell the Warriors on Marvin and few more bench players and maybe a pick. A backcourt of Curry and JJ, and frontcourt of Smoove and Horford are nice building blocks. Add one more starting player and continue to build the bench will make us a strong team. If we could then find a way to get a young center like DeAndre Jordan or a young stud at SF like Jordan Hamilton/Kyle Singler we would be better team.

The guy says that they want a shot blocker. We need to offer them Josh fast. He maybe averaging .5 blocks soon because they are dropping every month. I don't think that our defense will suffer much its not like Josh is shutting down anyone defensively.

Edited by Wurider05
  • Like 2