• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith to Golden State?

JohnnyCASH

• Premium Member

Curry for Smith all day every day. Josh Smith has CLEARLY plateued in my opinion. The guy is posting a 18.8 per which is virtually the same that he posted at 21 when he posted an 18.3 per. His shot selection is dreadful, his passing is good but he is turning the ball over way too much with his boneheaded plays. The guy's value is clearly on defense but he isn't an irreplaceable defensive player, this year he is posting 1.9 blocks per 36 mins which is not elite. We have been looking for a PG since Mookie and Stephen Curry is already playing at an all star caliber level on offense. His defense sucks, but it isn't worse than what we have had the last few seasons. Obviously I don't think even with Curry we will be contenders, but at least with Curry we will have locked up our PG position for the next decade. By the time JJ's contract expires Curry will be in his prime and at least will give us a player to build around. Trade Smoove and look for a FA center next year who can shore up our defense. This team has peaked and unless we make changes to our core we will have no shot at a championship for the next 6 years.

• Like 1

Nah he's not on the verge of becoming a star, I mean his per this year is only higher than JJ has EVER posted in a single season and has only been bettered by Josh Smith once in his career. He's also averaging nearly 2 steals a game, which is in the range of being twice as good as JJ has EVER posted in a single season but yeah he's a bad defender. Now I know that stats don't mean everything but when you're a 22 year old 2nd year PG averaging 19 points, 6 dimes and 2 steals while shooting 46% and 44% from 2 and 3 respectively that is the definition of being an almost star PG, if not already being one.

FYI in Bibby's best season he averaged 20 points, 7 dimes and 1.5 steals while shooting 44% and 36% from 2 and 3 respectively and that didn't come until his 7th year in the league.

Then again maybe you never considered Bibby or JJ to be stars ...

I also want to add in regard to having Curry on this team he would instantly make Horford a better player with his ability to pick and roll or pick and pop as he's devastating with those. Not only that but we've all seen how different our offense looks with Teague breaking down the D and shooters getting open but imagine if we have a player doing that who can actually score in the paint?? I love Josh Smith (most of the time) but if we can get a 22 year old star in the making who can score from anywhere you do it in a heartbeat.

You can argue stats all you want but I watch GS a lot and he's not on any of our core's level in terms of overall abilities. His stats are inflated like David Lee's in NY. I don't have to use stats when I watch both teams a lot. You can use them all day but he's not that impactful. Ellis is. Curry is not. He's just talented but doesn't run the PnR all that well, doesn't make his teammates better and really isn't that good to mention in the likes of Smoove. He is a potentially great scorer and amazing off the ball and would fit extremely well with JJ. I don't see how he helps Horford when his PnR is weak, just ask David Lee. Steph Curry is seriously overrated on this forum. To think he's in the league of Joe, Josh, or Al. LOL. Sorry, I just find it funny. It's almost like you guys think he's CP3. He will likely never be a superstar much less an All Star to the degree that Joe is. I would rather Brandon Jennings over Curry. He actually makes us better in a couple years and fits with JJ and runs the PnR successfully at a high rate. I would love him a lot more for our personnel than Curry.

In Bibby's best season, he was a winner, a leader, and did things that didn't show on the stat sheet with his extremely high BBIQ. I would take a prime Bibby everyday and twice on Sunday over today's Curry. I don't even have to think twice about it. Stat wise Monta Ellis is better than Joe but watching the games, Joe>Ellis. Come on, you really think Curry is budding star? haha! He may peak at what Reggie Miller is (PG wise) and with the depth of PG's in the NBA, I doubt his chances at the All Star game are that bright in the East or West.

This is like Knick posters who used to believe that David Lee was better than Horford and Smith. Wow.

...not to mention Curry is on the verge of being a star pg

Yea, but Hawks fans like weakside blocks and highlight dunks..... They don't care about winning games... Curry 22(yrs old) is averaging 19pts and 6assists in 33 min while shooting 47% from the field and 42% from 3.....

Curry

Joe

Marvin'

Horford

Biedrins

Damnnnnnnnn.........

• Like 3

You're seriously not ok if you think Brandon Jennings is better than Curry. Yeah, he's fast and crafty, but he's a dreadful shooter. If there are people that think Curry is undersized then my god, what would you call Jennings? He's like 6'1" 165lbs... Not to mention his attitude. He broke his foot a month ago and after his first game back he's already complaining about not getting minutes. Saying "If I am going to be having limited minutes, I might as well not be playing at all"... And you seriously want him over Curry? What a joke.

I'd trade Josh for Curry/Biedrins all day. It won't happen though, so no worries.

Smith / Teague / 1st

for

Curry / Biedrins

All day every day !

PGs and Cs are by the hardest positions to fill with star quality players. Much less one who is just 22 years old. I'll take a 42% three point shooter with a over a decade of prime basketball left at the PG position. His game will age so much better then Josh Smith's will.

• Like 1

Yea, but Hawks fans like weakside blocks and highlight dunks..... They don't care about winning games... Curry 22(yrs old) is averaging 19pts and 6assists in 33 min while shooting 47% from the field and 42% from 3.....

Curry

Joe

Marvin'

Horford

Biedrins

Damnnnnnnnn.........

While keeping Crawford at 6th man is the cherry on top ! Not to mention Bibby would still be on the bench.

That team could go small and run you out of the building or they can go big. That team looks a lot deeper for a 7 game playoff war.

Edited by coachx

Josh Smith pisses me off, just as much as he pisses of anybody. But man is he underrated around here. Beware! Be careful what you ask for. Ever seen Biedrens play defense? Curry is the prize in the trade, but our defense would take a major hit. Trust me. Better hope Curry and Joe can keep em out of the lane. The Hawks are already soft in the paint. At least Josh makes you think twice before coming in there. His blocks are down, but that's mainly because he's been at sf a lot.

Edited by terrell

Josh Smith pisses me off, just as much as he pisses of anybody. But man is he underrated around here. Beware! Be careful what you ask for. Ever seen Biedrens play defense? Curry is the prize in the trade, but our defense would take a major hit. Trust me. Better hope Curry and Joe can keep em out of the lane. The Hawks are already soft in the paint. At least Josh makes you think twice before coming in there. His blocks are down, but that's mainly because he's been at sf a lot.

Biedrins is better rebounder then Josh. Biedrins blocks shots at almost the same rate as Josh. When he is healthy Biedrins is a solid defensive player. Curry is better defensive player then Bibby and now JJ can defend his own position, which he does very well. I'm not sure this trade would make us take much of hit at all on defense. In fact our defense may work better as a unit where each man can truely be responsible for defending their own man.

I'm sure you meant offense, his value has always been on the defensive end.

You're seriously not ok if you think Brandon Jennings is better than Curry. Yeah, he's fast and crafty, but he's a dreadful shooter. If there are people that think Curry is undersized then my god, what would you call Jennings? He's like 6'1" 165lbs... Not to mention his attitude. He broke his foot a month ago and after his first game back he's already complaining about not getting minutes. Saying "If I am going to be having limited minutes, I might as well not be playing at all"... And you seriously want him over Curry? What a joke.

I'd trade Josh for Curry/Biedrins all day. It won't happen though, so no worries.

I watch the games and understand both players tendencies. Curry isn't what this forum makes of him, hell neither is AB. coachx lost his mind trying to compare Smoove to AB. If you watch the games, AB is barely better than Zaza and Zaza sucks. This is why I don't think posters here watch others games that don't involve better teams or the Hawks. Jennings is a better talent and has more potential than Curry. Jennings is a PnR PG. Jennings can attack the paint and create his own shot. Can he shoot? No, but it's no important when you consider the Hawks talent. Either way, Milwaukee won't trade him because they know he's a budding star. As much as I like CP3, if I was Milwaukee, I wouldn't even trade him for Jennings. I would flip Curry so fast if someone offered CP3 or Deron, I wouldn't even blink. The talent level and PG skills is just much better in Jennings than Curry.

I'm sure you meant offense, his value has always been on the defensive end.

He's not even good defensively, he just get stats, I prefer to trade for Thabeet than AB and that's contracts aside. I at least think Thabeet could be what Darko currently is or better but AB is just terrible. Like I said, he's barely better than Zaza. Note: BARELY

• Like 1

nbasuperstar.....all I got to say about your assessment of talent is Brandon Wright! Maybe we should have taken him over Horford....you think?!!!

Since exodus used to up those types of posts which even then in writing stated that the team, system, health, and role are all important in a player's development.

You might as well bring up Oden, I was wrong on him in the draft.

Thabeet

Gerald Henderson

Acie Law

Tyreke Evans

Mayo

or what about the players I did get right:

Horford

Blake Griffin

B. Jennings

Steph Curry

Rose

Love

Marvin

CP3

Deron

Redick

The NBA draft is somewhat of a crapshoot. I can only go by gametape since I didn't directly workout with the player in terms of college scouting but none of that is important to the NBA players who are currently playing in the NBA. They are playing in the NBA, v. NBA talent, and showcasing their abilities in the NBA. So it's a lot easier to breakdown a player's talent level in the NBA since they are NBA players. Whatever your idea was in that post, it was a failure. Nothing to do with the NBA, just college scouting.