• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yahoo: Hawks targeting Hinrich, trying to move Bibby & Marvin.

mrhonline

Is it possible that this team could end up after the deadline with Hinrich and Sessions as our backcourt for the cost of the young ones?

i was thinking about something like that too maybe their trying to find a whole to squad for the pg spot ....but then i remembered our gm is sund

• Premium Member

Dieselputer says...

This has possible legs.

Hinrich/Thornton for Bibby/Marvin makes sense financially.

You get rid of some salary in this deal. Hinrich is the defender/distributor that Bibby is not. Plus, Hinrich knows how to "fall back" onto the bench and let Teague play next year.

Thornton will start at Sf in the small lineup but really represents cap space.

Washington does it because Bibby can shoot, he can help Wall. Marvin is not awful.

• Like 2

The difference between Hinrich and Bibby is 4 inches and anticipation. Defensively, that would stop 5 buckets a game and create 3. Hinrich could make as much as a 15 point difference on some nights without scoring much of a lick.

Basketball is a game of runs and Bibby's height/footspeed lead to momentum shifts that turn 2 points into 10 points in a blink. Hinrich does not have that issue.

If you want to get crazy? http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/5860749

Picks would have to be involved.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I've said it before, but to me late first rounders are worthless. Lottery protect the thing and make the deal if the Wizards are stupid enough to make a deal where the bulk of the salary they'll be getting back comes in the form of Mike Bibby.

The difference between Hinrich and Bibby is 4 inches and anticipation. Defensively, that would stop 5 buckets a game and create 3. Hinrich could make as much as a 15 point difference on some nights without scoring much of a lick.

Basketball is a game of runs and Bibby's height/footspeed lead to momentum shifts that turn 2 points into 10 points in a blink. Hinrich does not have that issue.

If you want to get crazy? http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/5860749

Picks would have to be involved.

I agree. One thing most of us seem to agree on from the PG position is that we need a upgrade in defense. Hinrich is probably the best defender out of all the PGs we've been targeting. He has range and he can handle the ball. We don't need an All Star at this point to get better. It's definitely an upgrade to the team. I would rather not trade Marvin because we need him at SF.