• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks may be offering Josh Smith for Gerald Wallace?

Admin

No way, that's not the move. Avery does not like Lopez, he has called him out for not rebuilding. He did not like Harris. Lopez is the guy they are looking to move, I am telling you and Josh is the excitement to open the new building.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=48s7yxk

Josh, Jordan, Teague and a 1st

for

Lopez, Morrow, and the horrible contract of Travis Outlaw

that's the move :blow out candles:

Umm we damn well better get more than just GW for Josh Smith!

What is the status of GW contract? If it's not better than the contract Josh has... Well, that doesn't improve the team.

Josh Smith is a glorified Darius Miles playing 35MPG instead of 25MPG, but Wallace is much the same player.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

What is the status of GW contract? If it's not better than the contract Josh has... Well, that doesn't improve the team.

Josh Smith is a glorified Darius Miles playing 35MPG instead of 25MPG, but Wallace is much the same player.

1 year less than Smith and about 1 million less annually.

No way, that's not the move. Avery does not like Lopez, he has called him out for not rebuilding. He did not like Harris. Lopez is the guy they are looking to move, I am telling you and Josh is the excitement to open the new building.

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=48s7yxk

Josh, Jordan, Teague and a 1st

for

Lopez, Morrow, and the horrible contract of Travis Outlaw

that's the move :blow out candles:

Not sure what this has to do with the posted rumor ...

And FYI THIS (the posted rumor) is the definition of a lateral move

Not sure what this has to do with the posted rumor ...

And FYI THIS (the posted rumor) is the definition of a lateral move

It certainly is a lateral move to say the least. It would give ASG a cheaper price for a similarly productive player. It would also shorten the deal by one year. I wouldn't be happy at all with this deal but considering the financial fears they have, I am not shocked by this rumor.

God I hope this doesn't happen. We'd trade the same player for the same player, just a different name.

They are not the same player at all. Wallace is an EXCELLENT man defender. Smoove is an average man defender but an excellent halp defender.

K. Brown / G. Wallace for Smoove

It will let Horford play PF as his primary position and Wallace's contract comes off teh books a year sooner then Smoove's does. It opens up cap space for when Howard, Williams, and Paul are unrestricted free agents.

• Like 1

First off to those who are saying no. GW is a better SF as well as perimeter defender than Josh Smith. Second his contract is 1 mill less. Third GW even rebounds and is more aggressive than Josh Smith not to also mention that he can dunk! Maybe not like J smoove but he can throw it down. Now why Im against this trade is because of age he's 28 and smith is 24. Then again Im all for it if they include Diaw for Powell.

To add GW should have won Defensive player of the year last year when Dwight won it! Bobcats defense was off the chain and he was one of the main reasons why. He's not past his prime to whoever said that. What you should be scared about is him being injury prone though it seems like he may be over those offend concussions he use to always have.

Oh and one last thing, thinking about his offense he doesnt make no where near as many bonehead plays as Josh Smith. He will actually give the damn ball up when he needs to also he will attack the goal and not settle for the shot like Josh. The only thing Josh has over GW at this point in their careers is his AGE......oh thats right smith is a better blocker gotta give that to him. man to man GW is killin him.

After all that Im actually for this trade since we are going to play Smith at SF. Then again this still doesnt fix our poblems with the PG situation!

They are not the same player at all. Wallace is an EXCELLENT man defender. Smoove is an average man defender but an excellent halp defender.

K. Brown / G. Wallace for Smoove

It will let Horford play PF as his primary position and Wallace's contract comes off teh books a year sooner then Smoove's does. It opens up cap space for when Howard, Williams, and Paul are unrestricted free agents.

exactly

Edited by JTB

• Premium Member

This would be the textbook definition of change for the sake of change. But at this point, I think that's exactly what this team needs. We could also use a guy like Wallace who doesn't take plays off and who really can defend on the ball both in the perimeter and in the post. It's a lateral move in terms of the players' ratings on NBA 2k (or so I assume - I haven't actually bought that game for years), but it would give the team a much-needed jolt.

That being said, I'd rather it be Crawford in that deal than Smoove.

First off to those who are saying no. GW is a better SF as well as perimeter defender than Josh Smith. Second his contract is 1 mill less. Third GW even rebounds and is more aggressive than Josh Smith not to also mention that he can dunk! Maybe not like J smoove but he can throw it down. Now why Im against this trade is because of age he's 28 and smith is 24. Then again Im all for it if they include Diaw for Powell.

To add GW should have won Defensive player of the year last year when Dwight won it! Bobcats defense was off the chain and he was one of the main reasons why. He's not past his prime to whoever said that. What you should be scared about is him being injury prone though it seems like he may be over those offend concussions he use to always have.

Oh and one last thing, thinking about his offense he doesnt make no where near as many bonehead plays as Josh Smith. He will actually give the damn ball up when he needs to also he will attack the goal and not settle for the shot like Josh. The only thing Josh has over GW at this point in their careers is his AGE.

After all that Im actually for this trade since we are going to play Smith at SF. Then again this still doesnt fix our poblems with the PG situation!

exactly

Actually Josh is 25 and will be 26 before the end of the calendar year ... but GW will be 29 in July so he's certainly older and he's also injury prone. I like GW a lot but not enough that I'd trade Josh for him.

Actually Josh is 25 and will be 26 before the end of the calendar year ... but GW will be 29 in July so he's certainly older and he's also injury prone. I like GW a lot but not enough that I'd trade Josh for him.

oh ok well josh is older than i thought. but the only thing that keeps me from this deal is GW being injury prone but for the last 2 seasons he has actually played in at least 70 games and he's headed to atleast 70 this year as long as no injuries stop him. Thats not bad at all.

How about:

Atlanta gets: Wallace and Ramon Sessions

Cleveland gets: Diop

Charlotte gets: Marvin, Mo, Teague, Moon, and Thomas

Atlanta gets better defense at PG and SF as well as better offensive production. They also get an athletic, versatile SF that crashes the boards and attacks the basket.

Cleveland gets tougher inside while moving Sessions and Moon (who they were going to buy-out) for Diop who they were rumored to be interested in a few weeks ago

Charlotte gets a NC native to replace Wallace while getting expiring contracts back in return (Mo, Teague, Moon, and Thomas)