• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hinrich/Armstrong acquired.

Sothron

• Premium Member

If it's true that the deal is Crawford for Hinrich then we MUST have another deal coming that gets us an expiring player for one of our non-expiring contracts such as Bibby or Marvin or we're going to be paying a lot in taxes next year.

Perhaps the Cavs want Marvin if they lose out on Wallace?

/stab in dark

Instead of theory let just state fact. Jamal Crawford has been terrible this year outside of a handful of games. Kirk isn't the answer. He can defend the position quite well which would be a major plus for us. Hopefully we can land Sessions. If it just Kirk then I will be alright with it.

I'd trade Jamal's occasional offense and his ball hogging for Kirk's stellar PG defense any day of the week. This is a great move for us and I'm A LOT happier than we're keeping Bibby and trading Jamal since we'll now actually have 2 PG's on our roster who will get consistent minutes and both of them can shoot from deep and one of them will actually be able to defend opposing PGs and even SG's when needed.

I'd trade Jamal's occasional offense and his ball hogging for Kirk's stellar PG defense any day of the week. This is a great move for us and I'm A LOT happier than we're keeping Bibby and trading Jamal since we'll now actually have 2 PG's on our roster who will get consistent minutes and both of them can shoot from deep and one of them will actually be able to defend opposing PGs and even SG's when needed.

Question is, if Jamal is the one being traded, what's going to happen to Jeffrey Teague?

Alex Kennedy - 02/23/2011 6:57pm EST-

The Atlanta Hawks and Washington Wizards are nearing a deal that would send Kirk Hinrich and Hilton Armstrong to Atlanta in exchange for Mike Bibby, Maurice Evans and Jordan Crawford. The trade hasn't been finalized, but the deal is expected to be completed before tomorrow's deadline.

• Premium Member

Perhaps the Cavs want Marvin if they lose out on Wallace?

/stab in dark

Actually, that makes some sense. They've lost out on Wallace and they can't get Monta. They have 14.5 Million dollar exception. They will use some of it.

TWEET:

@KBerg_CBS

Ken Berger

Remains to be seen if ATL gets pick/cash for taking Hinrich $ next season. Either way, bold move by Hawks to take future $ for push now.

Yep this is an incredibly bold move and I hope it quiets the ASG haters up a bit who continually claim that the ASG won't pay the luxury tax and aren't trying to field a competitive team. Not only does this move make us better defensively but it also improves our overall offense and might even get JC2 a little time on the court as well!

• Premium Member

The Atlanta Hawks and Washington Wizards are nearing a deal that would send Kirk Hinrich and Hilton Armstrong to Atlanta in exchange for Mike Bibby, Maurice Evans and Jordan Crawford. The trade hasn't been finalized, but the deal is expected to be completed before tomorrow's deadline.

This works for me.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Wha? Because we really need yet another mediocre center? I'd much rather part with Jamal's expiring, and I'm sure the Wizards would prefer that too.

I'd +1 you, but I've hit my daily quota. Nudge, nudge.

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Post reporter saying JORDAN Crawford...

MrMichaelLee Michael Lee

Kirk Hinrich not playing tonight. #wizards in talks with ATL (for Jordan Crawford), but no deal yet. Could happen soon, according to source

(EDIT: Okay, so I'm a few seconds late...)

Edited by sturt