Another rumor

terrell

For the last time. If the goal that was stated at the beginning of the year has not changed this was a lateral move. This is how you accomplish goals. Everything you do needs to be dedicated to that goal. The Hawks basketball life this year was supposed to be dedicated to taking that next step which is getting to ECF's atleast, which was stated again recently by Jamal Crawford in a interview. This is a lateral move because it get's you no closer to your goal. Please stop asking me that. I can not change the truth it is a lateral move for what they are supposedly trying to accomplish,goal. :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

We dont have enough cap room to do anything more significant. Its better than just staying pat would you agree?

For the last time. If the goal that was stated at the beginning of the year has not changed this was a lateral move. This is how you accomplish goals. Everything you do needs to be dedicated to that goal. The Hawks basketball life this year was supposed to be dedicated to taking that next step which is getting to ECF's atleast, which was stated again recently by Jamal Crawford in a interview. This is a lateral move because it get's you no closer to your goal. Please stop asking me that. I can not change the truth it is a lateral move for what they are supposedly trying to accomplish,goal. :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

The truth is that this years team is better now than they were a week ago and will remain that way for the remainder of this year, provided that they stay healthy of course. And that is the undeniable truth, end of story.

We dont have enough cap room to do anything more significant. Its better than just staying pat would you agree?

Okay, but it's still a lateral move. Still gonna have a empty gym even for a team as good as the Bulls when you return home from a road trip in which you will not win another game. Still gonna finish with a record atleast 5 games worse than last year. Still don't have anyone to stop runs by getting to the FT line when those 30 pt beatdowns are in action and there will be atleast 5 more of those for this team. Still don't have not 1 impact big coming off the bench. You don't have any pure shooters on the team. No depth. Getting a better quality player than Hinrich could have solved some of those issues. If you are gonna overpay, overpay for exactly what you need, not someone serviceable.

The truth is that this years team is better now than they were a week ago and will remain that way for the remainder of this year, provided that they stay healthy of course. And that is the undeniable truth, end of story.

The truth is your post has nothing to do with my post. My post is the post that ask a deeper question which is were they ever telling the truth? Was the real goal ever to get to ECF's this year because they have not made any moves other than resigning Joe that indicates that they are serious about that. There is no truth to your statement it is your opinion that we are better. The truth is they stated goals in which they are not making moves to work towards.

Edited by Superiorblogman

While I too, would have liked to see more improvement to this team, I think it's a risky move any time you make significant shakeups this late in the season. Look at Orlando. They overhauled their roster significantly and the results have been varied. Usually the good teams need only to make subtle moves to see improvement. We knew we needed to improve our PG play both defensively and offensively to improve. While it's debatable whether Hinrich is really an offensive improvement (although I think he's more rounded offensively than Bibby), you CANNOT argue he doesn't improve us defensively at the PG position. Could we have improved our interior defense and possibly gotten stronger at SF? Absolutely, but I also look at moving Mo and JC2 as giving Jamal the confidence to say, we want you here. Go out and do your thing! Wilkins is better than Mo, but Drew was giving more burn to Mo. Maybe it was because they had to justify playing the higher paid guy. Maybe it was because he felt Mo was better. Either way, Damien hustles like no one else on the team. He may not have the natural talent, but he's earned the opportunity to be the backup SF.

The team lacked tenacity and someone who wouldn't take plays off. They got that with Hinrich. They got a veteran floor leader that is a fiery competitor. He's not an MVP caliber guy, but he COULD possibly be a difference maker. This is how I see it.....

Boston, Miami, Chicago, and Orlando are considered the "Beasts of the East". New York certainly improved their chances in some eyes. Boston has KG, Shaq, and Big Baby. They traded Perkins and JO has been hurt all year so they're a little weaker inside now.

Orlando beats you with the inside-out game. They have good perimeter shooters and Dwight down low. We shored up our perimeter defense 100% by adding Hinrich. We already had "decent" defense against them inside with Collins, Horford, and Smoove.

Chicago can beat you with PG play and Boozer. We now have a great PG defender in Hinrich who actually played with Rose. Between Horford and Smoove, we have good defenders in the post.

Miami has a 3 headed monster on offense but is weak inside. Also, I see JJ and Hinrich being the shutdown guys for DWade. I also see Wilkins and Williams assigned the tough task of slowing LeBron down. Again, our combo of SMoove and Horford give us some inside defense against Bosh.

New York has great scorers in Billups, A'Mare, and Melo, but they lack inside presence and definitely rebounding.

All in All, I think Atlanta has a team that is built better now than previous seasons for the playoffs. We just need to get everyone in sync and peak at the right time. i'd rather us go through our lumps now than once the playoffs start (like last season against the Bucks and then Magic).

• Like 1

They've lost 5 out of 6 dude and are slipping and getting no production from their bench.

Guess what... They have an even weaker bench than they did last week. They have ONE talented player on the entire bench. The Lenny benches were deeper than this.

While I too, would have liked to see more improvement to this team, I think it's a risky move any time you make significant shakeups this late in the season. Look at Orlando. They overhauled their roster significantly and the results have been varied. Usually the good teams need only to make subtle moves to see improvement. We knew we needed to improve our PG play both defensively and offensively to improve. While it's debatable whether Hinrich is really an offensive improvement (although I think he's more rounded offensively than Bibby), you CANNOT argue he doesn't improve us defensively at the PG position. Could we have improved our interior defense and possibly gotten stronger at SF? Absolutely, but I also look at moving Mo and JC2 as giving Jamal the confidence to say, we want you here. Go out and do your thing! Wilkins is better than Mo, but Drew was giving more burn to Mo. Maybe it was because they had to justify playing the higher paid guy. Maybe it was because he felt Mo was better. Either way, Damien hustles like no one else on the team. He may not have the natural talent, but he's earned the opportunity to be the backup SF.

The team lacked tenacity and someone who wouldn't take plays off. They got that with Hinrich. They got a veteran floor leader that is a fiery competitor. He's not an MVP caliber guy, but he COULD possibly be a difference maker. This is how I see it.....

Boston, Miami, Chicago, and Orlando are considered the "Beasts of the East". New York certainly improved their chances in some eyes. Boston has KG, Shaq, and Big Baby. They traded Perkins and JO has been hurt all year so they're a little weaker inside now.

Orlando beats you with the inside-out game. They have good perimeter shooters and Dwight down low. We shored up our perimeter defense 100% by adding Hinrich. We already had "decent" defense against them inside with Collins, Horford, and Smoove.

Chicago can beat you with PG play and Boozer. We now have a great PG defender in Hinrich who actually played with Rose. Between Horford and Smoove, we have good defenders in the post.

Miami has a 3 headed monster on offense but is weak inside. Also, I see JJ and Hinrich being the shutdown guys for DWade. I also see Wilkins and Williams assigned the tough task of slowing LeBron down. Again, our combo of SMoove and Horford give us some inside defense against Bosh.

New York has great scorers in Billups, A'Mare, and Melo, but they lack inside presence and definitely rebounding.

All in All, I think Atlanta has a team that is built better now than previous seasons for the playoffs. We just need to get everyone in sync and peak at the right time. i'd rather us go through our lumps now than once the playoffs start (like last season against the Bucks and then Magic).

The team can't play much worse than they have the last month.

The truth is your post has nothing to do with my post. My post is the post that ask a deeper question which is were they ever telling the truth? Was the real goal ever to get to ECF's this year because they have not made any moves other than resigning Joe that indicates that they are serious about that. There is no truth to your statement it is your opinion that we are better. The truth is they stated goals in which they are not making moves to work towards.

Uhh there are FACTS proven by STATS that show Hinrich is better than Bibby in nearly every category and somehow you think we won't be better. Sounds like government "logic" at work here folks.

They've lost 5 out of 6 dude and are slipping and getting no production from their bench.

Guess what... They have an even weaker bench than they did last week. They have ONE talented player on the entire bench. The Lenny benches were deeper than this.

The team can't play much worse than they have the last month.

Who did we lose from the bench that makes us worse? JC2 never played and Mo rarely ever contributed anything. I suspect that we'll get as much, if not more, production from Armstrong as we got from Evans.

I'm not saying we're a good or a great team now, simply that we're better than we were prior to the trade.

• Like 1

Uhh there are FACTS proven by STATS that show Hinrich is better than Bibby in nearly every category and somehow you think we won't be better. Sounds like government "logic" at work here folks.

Who did we lose from the bench that makes us worse? JC2 never played and Mo rarely ever contributed anything. I suspect that we'll get as much, if not more, production from Armstrong as we got from Evans.

I'm not saying we're a good or a great team now, simply that we're better than we were prior to the trade.

Yeah and there are stats and pers that say a lot of guys are better than what they show when you watch them or put them with another team. Furthermore, you did not state those facts you just jumped touting your opinion as end of story like that moves the world. Lastly, nothing on this site has anything to do with the government or any other political mess that some of you would like to bring in. Kirk "Lateral Move" Hinrich is the topic.

+10000000000000000000000

My personal nomination for "he said what we were all thinking" post of the year!

Yes I'm thinking it too.

I was about to make a poll on that same topic. I even typed it out but instead of hitting submit I decided not to cancel it b/c I did not want the mods to see that as disrespecting them.

Edited by coachx

Yeah and there are stats and pers that say a lot of guys are better than what they show when you watch them or put them with another team. Furthermore, you did not state those facts you just jumped touting your opinion as end of story like that moves the world. Lastly, nothing on this site has anything to do with the government or any other political mess that some of you would like to bring in. Kirk "Lateral Move" Hinrich is the topic.

So then you're of the opinion that moving Hinrich from playing out of position at SG for the Wizards to putting him in his natural position at PG for the Hawks will make him worse? Because that's the only possible way that you're bass akwards way of thinking works here since even at SG Hinrich trumped Bibby almost across the board.

If you're confused about what stats I'm using to back my facts up just go look at nearly any stat, sans 3pt%, and you'll see. No need for me to waste my time posting them when someone else has already posted them on here as proof.

And finally if those stats that clearly show that Hinrich playing out of position is better than Bibby aren't enough to prove that it's the end of story then feel free to back up your claim ... and sorry but "when I watch them" isn't much of a convincing argument either.

Can this guy get banned yet? Wow.

+10000000000000000000000

My personal nomination for "he said what we were all thinking" post of the year!

Yes I'm thinking it too.

I was about to make a poll on that same topic. I even typed it out but instead of hitting submit I decided not to cancel it b/c I did not want the mods to see that as disrespecting them.

We're all entitled to post our opinions, regardless of whether or not they are contrary to the popular opinion, as long as they don't become personal attacks.

So then you're of the opinion that moving Hinrich from playing out of position at SG for the Wizards to putting him in his natural position at PG for the Hawks will make him worse? Because that's the only possible way that you're bass akwards way of thinking works here since even at SG Hinrich trumped Bibby almost across the board.

If you're confused about what stats I'm using to back my facts up just go look at nearly any stat, sans 3pt%, and you'll see. No need for me to waste my time posting them when someone else has already posted them on here as proof.

And finally if those stats that clearly show that Hinrich playing out of position is better than Bibby aren't enough to prove that it's the end of story then feel free to back up your claim ... and sorry but "when I watch them" isn't much of a convincing argument either.

Cool,we agree to disagree let it be played out on the court.

We're all entitled to post our opinions, regardless of whether or not they are contrary to the popular opinion, as long as they don't become personal attacks.

Edited by Superiorblogman

Cool, we agree to disagree let it be played out on the court.

We do?

How will we determine that since obviously I'm not allowed to use stats as a measurement and as far as I know there's no record of your thoughts about each player "when you watch them" so I'm confused as to how we're supposed to know if the trade made us better, worse or if we stayed the same.

If Jamal misses anytime this bench will not even be able to score 10 points a game.

JC is perhaps the only thing from keeping this bench from perhaps being the worst in team history.

The team is still a 6th seed team no matter if they make this trade or not.

If Jamal misses anytime this bench will not even be able to score 10 points a game.

JC is perhaps the only thing from keeping this bench from perhaps being the worst in team history.

The team is still a 6th seed team no matter if they make this trade or not.

There's no disputing much of what you said, although our bench has been worse than this for the past decade. Still though I'm happy that we upgraded our starting lineup and hopefully this deal makes as much of a difference defensively as I think it will.