• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another rumor

terrell

• Premium Member

I'm starting to think we're done. If they didn't trade Crawford with his huge expiring then I'm going to be upset with Sund/Gearon. We're not bringing him back next year and we really needed to do something with that trade chip. Letting it go unused is not a good decision.

• Like 1

I'm starting to think we're done. If they didn't trade Crawford with his huge expiring then I'm going to be upset with Sund/Gearon. We're not bringing him back next year and we really needed to do something with that trade chip. Letting it go unused is not a good decision.

YUP THAT SUCKS

• Moderators

Yes. Damn is all i can say. Having Craw and Zaza still on the roster is a surprise to me. Just saw K. Perkins is on the move. Could have used him but I know he's hurt. For Jeff Green. Could have used him. Oh well.

• Moderators

I don't mind terribly.

We need to dump salary to stay under the tax and if we end up in a situation where it makes sense for the owners to extend him under the next CBA then we have that flexibility. In the meantime he is an asset to this team.

I would love to have seen him dealt for a star with a long-term contract but I just don't think the Hawks were ever willing to take on a lot of future salary. That is why we sweetened the deal for Kirk in order to get it to be pretty insignificant from a cap/tax perspective.

Edited by AHF

• Premium Member

In fairness, I'm not sure the Hawks have the luxury of thinking about what happens next year at this point. If they don't break through this postseason, it might be time to blow 'er up. And as much as Jamal frustrates me and as much as I'd love to have seen him moved for a blue chip player, I wouldn't want to move him just for the sake of moving him. If there was a star-quality guy out there that we could have had for his expiring, that's one thing. But I don't think there was. The Bobcats literally took the cheapest package possible under the CBA to get rid of Wallace. Deron and Harris were being moved for pieces, not expirings. Etc...

Edited by niremetal

• Premium Member

In fairness, I'm not sure the Hawks have the luxury of thinking about what happens next year at this point. If they don't break through this postseason, it might be time to blow 'er up.

You don't break through by keeping the same flawed team though. Having Hinrich certainly helps but Crawford's expiring was the real prize to get a tangible upgrade at center, small forward or even point guard since Hinrich can play backup PG/SG effectively.

How is it lateral if he is better than bibby?

For the last time. If the goal that was stated at the beginning of the year has not changed this was a lateral move. This is how you accomplish goals. Everything you do needs to be dedicated to that goal. The Hawks basketball life this year was supposed to be dedicated to taking that next step which is getting to ECF's atleast, which was stated again recently by Jamal Crawford in a interview. This is a lateral move because it get's you no closer to your goal. Please stop asking me that. I can not change the truth it is a lateral move for what they are supposedly trying to accomplish,goal. :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Edited by Superiorblogman