• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another rumor

terrell

Here is the only link I can find that references Jefferson:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18882

Harris is the big name everyone's waiting for, but Derrick Favors is also creating some buzz in the locker room. Corbin is hoping that having a young big man in the mix will inspire his vets to play even harder.

"We have two quality players at that position," says Corbin, speaking of Millsap and Al Jefferson. "He's a young guy who has a lot to learn in the league and has two good guys to learn from. He'll get a dose of it real early. I'm sure they're looking over their shoulders, thinking about this younger guy who is talented enough to take a spot from them, so they'll play hard against him in practice trying to send a message early."

"I'm looking forward to playing with him because playing against him this season he seems to be a great player," says Jefferson. "Getting him back in the trade is a great thing because he's going to be hungry and want to learn and have a chance to prove himself. Me and Paul will take him under our wings."

"I don't think so," says Corbin. "I told the guys - and I think our front office guys feel the same way - this is a good group of guys and we have a good chance to compete. We gave ourselves a chance earlier in the year by getting off to such a good start. We've fallen off the last month or so, but this is still a good ball club and I think we have a lot of good ball left in us."

That said, the Jazz have lost their go-to man down the stretch, and it's going to be a process as they work to execute down the stretch of close games, as Corbin explains.

"I don't want our players to come into this thinking it's someone's chance to 'be the man.' This is our chance for us to 'be the team.' That's the message we want to send. We'll play it that way and see what comes out."

The Jazz are gaining a young piece in Favors, but the acquisition of Harris is a sign that they are not throwing in the towel . . .not by a long shot. The Utah Jazz are still a playoff team, and if things come together quickly for them they could still make some noise in the postseason.

They're taking calls, but at this point another significant move by the Jazz seems unlikely.

Here is the only link I can find that references Jefferson:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18882

I think the Jefferson rumor is bogus. He is the closest thing to a center that they have and as the quoted article said, they are a playoff team and they are not throwing in the towel. No combination of Smoove a small PF or Crawford a tweener guard will get him IMO. No way in hell.

Edited by Buzzard

Hmmm.. not sure I follow. If we are currently at 64 and you take away Jamal and Etan / Powel's salary of aproximately 12 million then add Jefferson's contract of 13 million wouldn't we be at 65 million next year???

Its not that simple.

Jamal's expiring contract offsets Horford new contract. He is going from $5 mill up to $12 mill next year. Then we have annual raises kicking in for JJ, Smoove, Marvin ZaZa, and Teague also

From the Twitter of the Jazz beat writer ...

http://twitter.com/#!/tribjazz

No one's untouchable on Jazz roster.

Jazz are "still working" as trade deadline approaches.

I think it requires us giving up Smoove.

I posted a possible tradethat was move (quickly) to the trade board (on deadline day). Check it out.

Fantasy trades belong in the fantasy trade forum. If you want to post a trade related to this rumor in this thread then by all means go ahead, but don't waste space by creating a new thread in the main forum for a fantasy trade.

I think the Jefferson rumor is bogus. He is the closest thing to a center that they have and as the quoted article said, they are a playoff team and they are not throwing in the towel. No combination of Smoove a small PF or Crawford a tweener guard will get him IMO. No way in hell.

No way in the hell do you give up your 2010 and 2011 1st round pick for a 30 year old serviceable PG.

You guys kill me. No way you trade Deron Williams or Carmelo either. The truth is this would be less shocking that a lot of the recent deals.

an al and al frontcourt would be nasty but this is a really big trade that i dont think can fit in b4 the trade deadline.

They just have to come to an agreement and I believe have that sent to the league office before the deadline. The particulars can be worked out after that (I believe).

• Premium Member

From the Twitter of the Jazz beat writer ...

Not surprising.

They have a new coach and they probably want new players who are down with the program.

If we're in Utah, we're trying to move Marvin for AK47... but since we were talking blockbusters yesterday, I think we can't rule out Smoove for Jefferson.

Here's the real question.

What about Favors?

Do they have any thought of him being their future? Will he stay there? What if there are two deals worked out:

First is Zaza for Favors..

Second is Smoove/Marvin/Craw/Powell/Etan for AK47/Jefferson.

Favors would become backup to Horf.

If Utah sees it's future frontcourt as Milsap/Smoove with Okur and Fesenko as being there too... or maybe they have plans to get Dalembert in the offseason.. then that could be part of the reason for this trade.

I think Corbin would really appreciate Marvin. Especially if he could get him for close to free.

Not surprising.

They have a new coach and they probably want new players who are down with the program.

If we're in Utah, we're trying to move Marvin for AK47... but since we were talking blockbusters yesterday, I think we can't rule out Smoove for Jefferson.

Here's the real question.

What about Favors?

Do they have any thought of him being their future? Will he stay there? What if there are two deals worked out:

First is Zaza for Favors..

Second is Smoove/Marvin/Craw/Powell/Etan for AK47/Jefferson.

Favors would become backup to Horf.

If Utah sees it's future frontcourt as Milsap/Smoove with Okur and Fesenko as being there too... or maybe they have plans to get Dalembert in the offseason.. then that could be part of the reason for this trade.

I think Corbin would really appreciate Marvin. Especially if he could get him for close to free.

Marvin is more or less the Tyrone Corbin of this team so he could relate to him.

• Premium Member

No way in the hell do you give up your 2010 and 2011 1st round pick for a 30 year old serviceable PG.

You guys kill me. No way you trade Deron Williams or Carmelo either. The truth is this would be less shocking that a lot of the recent deals.

When you don't have a serviceable PG and your 2010 and 2011 first rounders are damn near second rounders... WHY NOT??

You continue to act as though those first rounders are much better than a second rounder. The position we picked at was so bad last year that we sold one of our picks in the same area for cash.

A lot of people heed and hawed then but guess what.. anybody that you can name that we passed up?? What are they doing??

And you kill me with your its only my way will work opinions. Deron was not happy in Utah, and they got great value back for a player that could walk in the near future. Melo exact same thing. Hinrich was a need based trade and upgrade all day long and if you cannot see that take your blinders off. Big AL has not been mentioned in any trade rumors which does not mean a lot when dealing with Utah (see Deron) but Al does start at center for them and Millsap at PF. I just do not see them making a trade to get smaller on their front line. Bigger yes, smaller hell no.

They just have to come to an agreement and I believe have that sent to the league office before the deadline. The particulars can be worked out after that (I believe).

That is correct.

You only have to schedule a meeting / phone call with a league attorney by 3:00.........It might be 4:30 before one can get back to you with all the business going on today.

Like how the Hinrich / Bibby trade was not official until 8:00 last night. The agreement was in place by 6:30 but it took an hour and a half for a league attorney to approve the trade was indeed legal.

Edited by coachx