• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another rumor

terrell

No way in the hell do you give up your 2010 and 2011 1st round pick for a 30 year old serviceable PG.

You guys kill me. No way you trade Deron Williams or Carmelo either. The truth is this would be less shocking that a lot of the recent deals.

Get over it, dude. How long do you plan to keep going on about the Hinrich trade?

And you kill me with your its only my way will work opinions. Deron was not happy in Utah, and they got great value back for a player that could walk in the near future. Melo exact same thing. Hinrich was a need based trade and upgrade all day long and if you cannot see that take your blinders off. Big AL has not been mentioned in any trade rumors which does not mean a lot when dealing with Utah (see Deron) but Al does start at center for them and Millsap at PF. I just do not see them making a trade to get smaller on their front line. Bigger yes, smaller hell no.

While I'm not defending the poster you were replying to (Lord knows some of his posts are extremely annoying and troll-worthy), but Utah does have Okur under contract for this year and next at $9 miillion per. He's been injured and is still trying to find his spot, but it's possible they might move Jefferson only because they can't move Okur right now and see him as being a better fit in their offense. Deron was a pick and roll PG, which wasn't exactly good for Okur (as far as a center driving to the rack). Harris is a driving and kicking out PG. Okur is a good shooter that can draw defenders away from the basket. If the shot-blockers (typically guarding the Center) are away from the basket, Harris can finish easier at the basket. If the defenses cheat and leave Okur open, he can hit from outside. They're possibly using their personnel more effectively.

And you kill me with your its only my way will work opinions. Deron was not happy in Utah, and they got great value back for a player that could walk in the near future. Melo exact same thing. Hinrich was a need based trade and upgrade all day long and if you cannot see that take your blinders off. Big AL has not been mentioned in any trade rumors which does not mean a lot when dealing with Utah (see Deron) but Al does start at center for them and Millsap at PF. I just do not see them making a trade to get smaller on their front line. Bigger yes, smaller hell no.

Kudos for saying something that made sense

You just need to take a hint. If you're going to post your opinion (especially if it's not mainstream), back it up with facts.

It's not about bothering you, it's about making Hawksquawk a good place for Hawks fans, and you aren't contributing by your blanket nonsensical statements.

/rant.

Thank you. You said it much better and much more diplomatically than I might have.

While I'm not defending the poster you were replying to (Lord knows some of his posts are extremely annoying and troll-worthy), but Utah does have Okur under contract for this year and next at $9 miillion per. He's been injured and is still trying to find his spot, but it's possible they might move Jefferson only because they can't move Okur right now and see him as being a better fit in their offense. Deron was a pick and roll PG, which wasn't exactly good for Okur (as far as a center driving to the rack). Harris is a driving and kicking out PG. Okur is a good shooter that can draw defenders away from the basket. If the shot-blockers (typically guarding the Center) are away from the basket, Harris can finish easier at the basket. If the defenses cheat and leave Okur open, he can hit from outside. They're possibly using their personnel more effectively.

This is wishful thinking IMO. Okur is trying to come back from a bad injury that at his age he may never make a full recovery from. We are once again seriously overvaluing our players. We could not land Devin Harris, Deron Williams, or Ramon Sessions but somehow we will land Al Jefferson for Smoove.

I hope I am wrong, but I am not buying this rumor that has no referenced links.

Kudos for saying something that made sense

LOL, I made four really good points. And since that one line is the best rebuttal you can come up with, I will take it that I smoked your azz and you are at your keyboard nervously twitching right now and at a complete loss for words. Take a deep breath and relax....

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Could you imagine our team with Jefferson? We'd have the first true low post guy since SAR. We'd move Horford to PF where he is killer at that mid range jumper. We have Hinrich who can actually play defense and can distribute. It doesn't even matter what we get out of the SF position. Having Jefferson would help us escape from being nothing but a jump shot offense to one with some actual depth and nuance.

• Like 2

Could you imagine our team with Jefferson? We'd have the first true low post guy since SAR. We'd move Horford to PF where he is killer at that mid range jumper. We have Hinrich who can actually play defense and can distribute. It doesn't even matter what we get out of the SF position. Having Jefferson would help us escape from being nothing but a jump shot offense to one with some actual depth and nuance.

Sounds good!

I keep looking around to see if this rumor is picking up elsewhere and there is nothing.

I think it was never more than hearsay, but like another poster said, it's just deadline day talk that's alot of fun. Would be much, much more fun if it were legit (keep praying it is deep down! lol)

Yes I can absolutely imagine and at this point I'm not getting my hopes up for this trade to actually happen but I will continue to keep refreshing this site and others for a few more hours just in case.