• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So is the Marvin experiment over with?

GameTime

if we're not resigning Jamal....

I'd love to move Marvin in a trade to get Mayo

so a team with Rudy Gay would trade a productive scoring guard for a player who plays the same position as Gay ?

I want Marvin to do well but Ive never see a top ten pick as bad as Marvin last this long with one team .By now you have normally your niche in the NBA but Marvin simply hasnt done that .

I think this team has held him back just as it has done for Josh.

I want Marvin to do well but Ive never see a top ten pick as bad as Marvin last this long with one team .

jonkoncak.jpg

10 years with the Hawks...

Marvin is not bad, he's just average. You shouldn't expect anything more than average production from him.

• Like 1

if we're not resigning Jamal....

I'd love to move Marvin in a trade to get Mayo

Better get a sf too, unless you want JJ or Josh there fulltime. If Josh is there fulltime, need a center also. Probably not a good idea.

• Premium Member

Marvin sucks... I've tried to keep the faith but he's a bust, a flat-out bad pick at #2 bust... It's only compounded by the fact the PG's taken at #3, 4, & 5 are all solid (Felton) to All-Star (D. Williams) to SUPERSTAR (CP3) level...

Marvin is literally stealing $ at this point...

I agree with what you are saying but Deron is a superstar and has been the best point guard in the NBA the last three seasons. I'd take him over Paul but I'd for God's sake take either one over Superbust Marv.

• Moderators

Marvin is who he is and if we advance we're going to need him. If we play the celtics then Jamal won't be able to guard Allen or Rondo so we're going to need Joe and Kirk on them and Marv on Pierce. But right now i'm less worried about Marv's production than about winning another game against the Magic. If we are going to advance in the playoffs we'll need everyone.

(Side note: I'm less amp'd up about picking Marv over CP3 than i used to be. But just looking at Paul now its not so much Marv its just passing on Paul at all. And we aren't the only ones to make that mistake. The dude is starting to look like one of the best ever.)

so sick of the negative fans against any of our players. get over the draft pick !!!!!!!!!!!!!! marvin does what he does...he is a great 7th man ff the bench . He plays hard , can hit the mid and gets to the line almost everytime he drives.

• Moderators

Marvin is a role player in a series where his role is not very important to the team. As others have said, matchups against Boston, Miami or Chicago will see him getting a lot more minutes but he won't be more than a role player in those minutes. He gives you fine D, decent SF rebounding, subpar offense, and plays (too much) within himself and the system. He isn't worthless, he just looks terrible compared to the expectations when he was drafted and looks bad after having regressed compared to where Hawks management thought he would be after they resigned him following his career year and 4 years of growth.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Marvin's subpar per 36 numbers this series:

7.9 pp36

.509 ts%

4.1 rp36

2.3 ap36

1.7 top36

2.8 sp36

With decent man D, that is the line of a role player. He doesn't hurt the team on the floor like Bibby on D or anything and can give you solid minutes that are unlikely to win you the game or lose you the game. Just a role player.